“Amazing mystery deal”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We chose the mystery deal. Everything was perfect, service, lovely pool and gym and the service was very good. For example the the cleaners noticed I like Earl Grey tea and gave me more of those.
Best mystery deal ever.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TeleoneB
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear TeleoneB,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to know that you had a memorable and relaxing stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. All of us in Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur constantly strive to maintain and upkeep the level of service that our guests can enjoy.

Harvey J. Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed on the club floor for three nights. We were allocated a fantastic corner room with outstanding views and every comfort. The staff in the lounge were very professional and made our stay very pleasant. The pool is nice and clean. The food met all expectations. This is the place we will return to on our next visit to KL.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ulrika V,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy to read that you and your family had an enjoyable three-day stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. It is rewarding and motivating to us when we know that our guests were able to enjoy all the service and facilities that the hotel has in store for them.

We hope to see you soon. For more interesting promotions, discover more at lemeridiankualalumpur.com.

Travel safe.

General Manager.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose this hotel for it's location. Transportation by express train from the Airport is very convenient. The train stops at the KL Sentral station, which is across this hotel. Having lots of luggage it is the way to go for me. The train station is also a hub for all busses and trains to any direction in Malaysia.
The hotel it self is a dated glorious hotel with good staff who all speaks good English. The rooms were very clean and has a fabulous view of the city. I think the price is somewhat on the high side, but that's what you get with all the amenities, like a gym, cafe and a fantastic looooong pool. In 32 C weather one need to cool off in the pool. I would stay there again because it's so convenient and clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pliem50
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear pliem50,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your holiday destination. No doubt, with the new KLIA2 recently opened, our guests will able to travel with ease and enjoy low-cost airlines when they visit Kuala Lumpur. With an integrated 'green' lifestyle mall, Nu Sentral recently opened; Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is the perfect destination leisure and business.

Travel safe and we see you very soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been in KL various times now, and each time in a different hotel, I can better judge each one based on ittneir strengths and weaknesses, the Meridien's main strength is that it is located just opposite the central station where the KLIA expres train (the one departing from the Airport which takes you in town in just 30 minutes) drops you, so if you are on business and you do not need to stay in KL downtown this hotel would be the right choice, overall a quality business hotel, I tried both the SPA and a couple of restaurants in there, especially the Japanese restaurant which rather belongs to the nearby Hilton (the building is made up of two separate towers like hotels, one is the Hilton and the other one is the Meridien) and my opinion is very good for both: food and SPA, useless to describe rooms, I was given a Deluxe which was as free upgrade of a Classic as an SPG membrer and it looked great. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefano M

Dear Stefano M,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and support. It is rewarding to know that our guests were able to enjoy all the service and facilities that Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur has to offer and the selection of restaurants between the properties means that you do not require to go out if you do not want to. Japanese, Italian, Chinese, Steak House and Pub style venues all make the choice so much easier.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in several hotels for business in Kuala Lumpur and this is my favorite so far. The rooms are not very large but clean, with high end finishings, and well furnished.

I got an executive room and really enjoyed the executive lounge. My only gripe is that the tables were not really conducive for work as they were too low.

Breakfast was really good. If you get the executive room, you can choose to have breakfast downstairs which I highly recommend. The food selection is vast. The service is also pretty attentive. One server even brought me a small cushion for my back when he saw that I was pregnant.

The location is perfect for those who want to stay out of the congestion that tends to plague the Bukit Bintang and KLCC areas. Quick access from the airport to KL Sentral. You can even check in at KL Sentral for some airlines.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pinkdonutsg,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your comment regarding the table at the Club Lounge and I am happy to inform you that we are in the midst of refreshing the Club Lounge; hence we will take note on your comment regarding the table height.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Pretty disappointed with the overall service or lack thereof.beautiful decor in the public areas but hotel rooms needs updating.Breakfast buffet spread was good.staff are not too friendly.Booked this hotel on wotif which included buffet breakfast.It is centrally located,right at the bus station so easy to commute.Overall experience would have been better if staff provided a higher level of service which includes being friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Myeo644
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Myeo644,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and appreciate your comment regarding service that you have encountered during your stay with us. This will continue to be focus with our training and improvement in the future.

General Manager.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Throughout the stay I encountered some inconsistencies on how they treat customers. Some staff were more knowledgeable about what the hotel provides than others. Also found that not all the staff were properly trained in basic customer service such as smile, friendly greetings and professionalism.

Unfortunately during the stay I had several unpleasant service experience:

1. As a Suite guest I checked in at the Club lounge and during that time I noticed that the female staff at check-in desk did not smile at any guests. They looked unhappy to be there. However the waitresses at club lounge were very accommodating and friendly towards all guests.

2. I stayed in this hotel for over a week and had breakfast at the Latest Recipe several times during my stay. Most of the staff were very cordial and reasonably friendly. Unfortunately, one female staff who was in charge of escorting diners to their seats was incredibly rude. Her name is Syatilah (short hair, wore red blouse and black framed glasses).

Throughout my stay I noticed that she was the only staff who did not smile nor greet a single diners. This is very unfortunate because all other staff at the restaurant strived their best to be friendly and to provide a prompt service. I noticed that Syatilah would rather stay in the corner so she did not have to greet nor serve any diners. When she was being asked for an assistance by other diner who was seated next to my table, she immediately looked away and walked toward the back area of the restaurant.

In the afternoon she was stationed at the SPG membership desk located at the lobby. Whenever she saw a guest walking towards her she abruptly left the SPG membership desk. Only to return when the guests have left.

These unfortunately negative encounters were repeated over several days. I understand that some people can have a bad day, but to have a consistent bad attitude while working for Le Meridien is unacceptable.

Le Meridien is a 4 star hotel that is well known to provide excellent service. It is very unfortunate for Le Meridien to have a staff who refused to smile, be friendly, nor to assist or even acknowledge guests' presence. Having her as their staff will only ruin guests' experience and Le Meridien well known brand.

Thankfully I encountered some staff who incredibly helpful, professional and always provided service with a smile. A big thanks to Kevin at the Concierge, Donny from Club Lounge, Reina from Latest Recipe restaurant and all the staff at the concierge. Thank you for providing a 5 star service and making my stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Get a suite facing the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank thefrequentraveller

Dear thefrequentraveller,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for your detail and constructive comments. I appreciate your valuable input regarding associates maintaining and providing a high level of service to all our guests at all time. We will definitely continue to strive harder to achieve that and hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you better next time.

However, I will definitely share your appreciations and recognitions to our associates that you have mentioned in your review.

Travel safe and hope to see you soon.