“Comfortable Nights Sleep”

Ranked #16 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Comfortable Nights Sleep”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very comfortable, friendly hotel for my flying business visit. Also good value! Not a bad choice either if you are a family and are looking for a hotel which offers everything. They have a large pool and also Le Meridien interconnects with the Hilton next door.

Their super efficient staff attended to all my needs from late check-in, laundry, ironing, room service and a late spa treatment. The bed was very comfortable and the standard room was a generous size. There was no shower cubicle which was disappointing but I managed with the shower over the bath.

Lovely coffee in their Latitude Coffee Shop on the lobby level, and a nice Italian bistro also for a late dinner.

Overall very good and will be returning again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear SkinnyPufferFish,

Greetings from Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur as your holiday destination. We are happy
that you and your family were able to have a wonderful experience and enjoyed all the facilities that the hotel provides and to learn that you had a lovely coffee experience at our new style café, Latitude 03 and dinner at Favola.

Harvey J. Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had such a great time at this hotel for the 4 days that we extended our stay for another 5 days. We were so warmly welcomed and each staff member we dealt with treated us as if we were the only people there. So friendly and helpful. Definitely going back.

Dear Christine E,

Greetings from Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy to read that you had an outstanding 5-day stay with Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur. It is rewarding when our guest are able to fully experience all the service and facilities that this hotel has to offer. Travel safe and have a great day.

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel's condition, location and staff service was excellent. The free wi-fi was a plus, but I particularly appreciated how helpful the concierge service was. And they knew our names after just our first contact. The pool was really impressive and if I were ever to return to the city, I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear eklein5823,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy to learn that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us. I appreciate your positive review and will definitely share this with the team at concierge.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Been here last June 2014 for a week, the hotel room is nice , choose the one facing the lake as it gives serenity.. The other side is facing the KL Sentral Train platform and a good view of the city (at high floor). Try the pool and spa , it's quite a space as I believe they share it with the adjacent hotel. Foods and amenities are fine.

Room Tip: Choose the side which is facing the lake garden.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Roy_T_Sgp,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. With the new integrated 'green lifestyle' mall, NU Sentral open; Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is the perfect destination for leisure and business since there will be more walk options in term of retail therapy and foodies choices within walking distance.

We look forward to your next visit soon. Travel safe.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

After a 1 year absence, I returned to the Le Meridien KL for a 2N weekend. I was upgraded to a Club Suite using Platinum Suite Night Awards. The bedroom room was large and had a separate living room (great for watching the World Cup without disturbing the other occupants).

The Club Lounge had great views, plus good food and wines during cocktail hour. Breakfast spread in Secret Recipe was impressive, but lacked a freshly squeezed juice section. Swimming pool had many deck chairs and on this weekend being the start of the Malaysian school holidays was filled with families, making a leisurely swim challenging. All staff I met were courteous and warm. The Club Lounge was operating at full capacity during Happy Hour on Sunday evening, but yet the staff managed to smile! I was pleasantly surprised to learn that a new mid size mall call Nu Sentral has opened next to KL Sentral Station, which is accessible from the hotel via the train station. The mall was about 80% tenanted.

My only minor gripe: housekeeping was spotty. On 1st night, they came in to replace towels but didn't turndown the bed (which they did on the 2nd night). They also didn't replace shampoo which ran low after the 1st night.

1 Thank AbsoluteZeroKelvin
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear AbsoluteZeroKelvin,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very happy to learn that you had a marvellous stay here and especially the Club Lounge facilities. However, I apologise for the housekeeping services that you have encountered during your stay. I will highlight your comment with my housekeeping team so that they work more consistently on the level of cleanliness and amenity replacements.

Yes!! In KL Sentral, we have a new mall recently opened. Wit this new integrated 'green lifestyle' mall, NU Sentral; Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is the perfect destination for leisure and business since there will be more walk options in term of retail therapy and foodies choices within walking distance.

Therefore, when you visit us next time, there will be more interesting places surrounding the hotel that you can explore. Travel safe and we hope to see you very soon.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Biggest, Largest, Widest, Huge... I can run out of adjectives to describe what was the most impressive and LARGEST breakfast spread that I have ever seen! More of that later though.. My full story -

Booking -

we booked directly with the hotel through their best rate guarantee offer. It worked out to about MYR 305 per night, including that massive breakfast and all taxes. And this was over the super peak New year's eve period, so it was a fantastic deal.

Location/ Arrival -

we arrived at this hotel from their sister hotel, the Aloft, which is just round the corner. ( See separate review ). The location of the Le Meridien is great, it's connected to the KL Sental station, which is really the hub for all transport in Kuala Lumpur. You can catch buses to Genting Highlands and both the airports from here. It's also next door to the Hilton, they use the same access elevator!

We arrived at the hotel at about 2 p.m. Take the elevator to level 3 for the lobby. The first 2 levels are car parks. When the elevator door opens, you will see 2 really normal and small doors - yes doors like in a house - which will either lead to the Meridien or the Hilton. It's a fascinating concept, 2 major hotels having twin doors next to each other. The entrance is very dull and uninviting. This really needs improvement, so that you can feel that you are entering a 5-star hotel.

It's only once you step through that door, do you realise that you have arrived at the 5-star Meridien! Good spacious lobby with lots of seating, and lots of activity going about. Lots of security looking around very carefully at everyone. Appreciate that. A vigilant security is top priority.

Check-in -

we arrived at 2 p.m Check in time. But we were not checked in as the room was still being cleaned. Deposit was charged at MYR 200 a night + the full price of our stay. Very steep indeed.

3 p.m - still sitting in the lobby with no sign of room. With the hotel's own free lobby wi-fi, I shot off an email to Frank, with whom I had earlier exchanged emails regarding room preference etc. So I tell him that we are sitting in the lobby of his hotel for the past one hour without a room. This is not acceptable.

I must say that the Meridien wi-fi is quite good - his reply came within 6 minutes, and we got the room 3 minutes after that. The reception lady personally came upto us, and upgraded us to a deluxe room on the 11th floor.

Rooms -

the elevator works only with the room key card, and this is a safety feature that all hotels should have for added security. So our deluxe room on floor 11 - all rooms ending with even numbers are deluxe at least on the 11th floor - non-smoking, city view, King bed, very clean, carpeted, spacious, all toiletries, a DVD player, mini bar, safe, iron board, bathrobes, floor to ceiling window, 6 bottles of water, yes 6! And you can ask for more by the way. On our 3rd day, we got 10 bottles of water! (See attached pic)

BUT this ladies and gentlemen - was the upgraded deluxe room. I had a chance to peak into the rooms opposite - the odd number ending standard ones - and they were tiny! I couldn't believe how small those rooms were!

Wi-fi -

free wifi is only available in the lobby. If you want free wifi in your rooms, then 'like' the Lemeridien KL on their FB page, and send them a screen shot of that. You will get an email confirming free wifi! So we had free wifi in the room which was good and fast.

Pools -

they have a common pool with the Hilton, but it's large, with slides for children, loungers etc. The ambience was nice.

Breakfast -

oh yes, the breakfast. Did i mention that it was HUGE? And its open until 11 a.m! Now that's a first in any hotel I have come across. Breads, crossaints, chocolate hot waffles, 8 cereals, maybe 9 - couldn't quite count them, cheese, crepes, chicken dim sums, prawn dim sums, hot malaysian food, hot western food, burmese food, indian vegetarian food, chinese food, fruits, yogurt, danish pastries, egg station, cold cuts... I'm sure I have missed out some things.. The breakfast spread has to be seen to be believed! Thumbs up guys!

Check -out

was easy and quick. We rolled our own bags out of the lobby and into the elevator and into the kl sentral station and then into the bus that took us to the airport.

Most of the guests were rolling their own bags out, so it looked like a common feature upon check-out. The concierge did help while checking in, but I cannot recall seeing them help anyone during check-out. Maybe Frank or the manager could look into this? How come no one helps the guests checking out with their luggage??

We had a good stay at the Meridien, and thankful that we got the upgrade to deluxe. The breakfast was amazing and the best I have seen. The hotel could however improve the staff's aloofness with the guests. There was no good morning or greeting from anyone. If you read my review of the Aloft hotel, which is owned by the same group, you can see the remarkable difference of how the staff is at the Aloft. Simply outstanding.

i have given this review 4 stars, and 3 of them are only for the incredible breakfast. Would I stay again at the Meridien? Staff must improve drastically. I could always stay around the corner at the Aloft, and hop across to the Meridien for breakfast!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are bigger, much bigger. To get Free wifi - you must 'LIKE' the hotel on its Fa...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RainmanMumbai
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear RainmanMumbai,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am very happy to learn that overall you had a marvellous experience staying with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. We really appreciate your comment regarding our buffet breakfast spread and will share your appreciation with my culinary team. However, I apologise for the delay during your arrival experience and the approach by some of our associates. Rest assure, we will take your comment seriously and continue to strive higher and harder to ensure our guests will have a memorable moment staying here.

I am happy to announce that we are in the midst of planning to refresh all of our rooms and bathrooms and hope to begin this process in January next year.

General Manager.
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the Meridien twice in April - from 11th to 18th and then from 23rd to 26th.
Both times the service was superb.
The room was elegant and spotlessly clean. The facilities were excellent. The bathroom was roomy with fluffy towels, robes, slippers and generous toiletries. The beds were extremely comfortable.
The staff made the stay special, they are really devoted to making sure their guests are comfortable and looked after, and are always helpful.
The restaurants (we ate in the Italian and the more casual downstairs one off Reception area). In both, the food I would rate well above most hotels I have eaten it. Definitely they employ quality chefs and use carefully chosen ingredients. It was excellent, and really great when we came in tired from a business day. The breakfast was also 5 star.
We were recommended by a family member who travels constantly and always stays in the Starwood group, and he made the initial booking. He was right.
Besides this, the area is very convenient for business, being right beside good transport links.
Our stay was so pleasant, we have booked in again from 15th to 18th of this month on a return business trip. To people travelling in the area, this is highly recommended

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear dickidowd,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

On behalf of all of Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur associates, thank you for a wonderful review and support. We appreciate your recognition and appreciation and will share this review with my team. I am happy that you enjoyed dining at Favola, Gastro Sentral and also our buffet spread at Latest Recipe. When you come back on the 15th, do try out our Award Winning Steak restaurant PRIME located at level 5.

Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you very soon. Have a great week.