“Great Location But Wishing for a Better Sleep Quality”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was on a business travel to KL and this hotel is one of my favorite. It is very convenience to reach from the KLIA via KLIA EKpress. The KL Sentral Station is right next door to the Hotel. My company's new office in Malaysia is only 5 minutes walks away. The food and service level are very good.

What more could I ask for?

Well, there is only one thing that I found could help me sleep better at night. I found the pillows are very thick and hard. I could not have a good sleep at this hotel, ever. I wish the hotel provides different type of pillows in a room so that people with different preferences can choose them. Thanks!

Room Tip: Get the higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BKLCH1
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear BKL CHI,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your review with us and am glad that overall you had a fruitful business stay with us. We do have a pillow menu that you can choose from whenever you stay with us and will discuss with my Housekeeper how this can be more easily communicated to our guests. However, should you decide to visit us again, please let me know what is your favourite pillow type and we will make the necessary arrangement prior to you visit.

Have a great day.

Harvey J. Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well what to say about the hotel, great view, great food, great staff
We book a club stay and it was worth the money the extra attention we received was lovely.
This is our third time to Malaysia and this I would say was the best hotel we have stayed in.
There is only one issue you are a little out from the city however, this is only a quick taxi ride, mono rail, bus and very cheap.
I would recommend the stay and Mark in the club room was fabulous.

Room Tip: Be prepare to travel to the city
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear 2mumies,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for your positive review and making Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your staycation whenever you visit Kuala Lumpur. I agree, we may be a little off from KL city centre; however, we are strategically located at the nation's transportation hub that allow our guests to travel to many interesting and "Must See" destinations with ease without the hassle of traffic jam.

Now that, there is a new mall in KL Sentral, you will have more walk options in terms of retail therapy and foodies choices within walking distance.

We look forward to your fourth visit soon. Travel safe and have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

There was nothing wrong with my short stay at the Le Meridien KL. The room was clean and well equipped, the staff exceedingly helpful and the location perfect for my many trips out to PJ and other suburbs. The pool was also well designed and just the thing for a relaxing dip. I can happily vouch the buffett breakfast is even better then the generous reviews I'd read. It was like the galaxy - it had neither beginning nor end. Every Asian base was covered from string hoppers to rendang and everything inbetwixt. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. This is now my new base in KL.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lunarboogie

Dear Lunarboogie,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your holiday destination and also making KL as your new base. I am very happy that you enjoyed our wide array of delicious breakfast selections at Latest Recipe. I hope that when you visit us again, do explore other award winning restaurants such as PRIME, Gastro Sentral and Favola.

Should you decide to make Kuala Lumpur as your next base in Asia, do discover our "Long Stay Rate" promotion that surely beneficial for you. For more information, visit lemeridienkualalumpur.com.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed in Le Meridien, Kuala Lumpur for 5 days in May 2014. Being a single female traveller (first timer to Malaysia) needed an accomodation that can ensure easy connectivity and security.

This place has more to offer. Thanks to the Harvey Thomson, was given a room on 31st floor. What an amazing room and view. Loved it. My privacy and security both were ensured.

About accessibility, this hotel is right opposite KL Sentral station (which connects you to all the railway lines). Airport also has xpress line which takes 28 minutes to reach KL Sentral from Airport. Hop on and Hop off bus also has its bus stop outside the hotel. You can also get taxis easily outside the hotel.

Le Meridian has nice breakfast and lunch spread too. No comments on dinner, as i couldn't get the opportunity to dine there.

Conference rooms needs some renovation is what i believe.

It is a gret choice for staying.

Room Tip: Try for higher floors. Feels amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Creadivs,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy that during your 5-day stay with us, you were able to explore the many facilities that Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur has to offer. I am glad that you were able to experience Kuala Lumpur by using the "Hop on and Hop off" bus that takes you to a lot of interesting destinations in the city. We hope that when you decide to visit us again, you will be able to savour many cuisines that our award winning restaurants have to offer for dinner.

Do drop me a line when you are in KL. Travel safe and see you soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

About 1 hour drive from the airport but as it is a large hotel every taxi driver knows it and if not explain that it is opposite KL Central train station. This hotel is connected to the Hilton and they share the same pool. First impressions were great, lovely welcome and smell of jasmine in the lobby. Efficient check in and a free room upgrade. Were greeted with balloons and chocolates as we were on our honeymoon. Room very spacious, we had a room on the 19th floor. Air con very good, walk in shower massive as is bath. Bed sooo comfortable and we enjoyed choosing a pillow from the pillow menu! 6 complimentary bottles of water provided which is good as mini bar and room service expensive. All in all we couldn't fault anything about the hotel. Until... We had booked the buffet breakfast which has every food you can think of, then a few hours later my other half complained of feeling sick and then proceeded to violently vomit for the rest of the day which left him bed bound and totally scuppered our plans for the day which ticked me right off! This should not happen in a 5 star hotel! I logged an official complaint with the manager and then the catering manager who tried to insinuate that he contracted the illness elsewhere. Not sure how considering we hadn't eaten anything previous to breakfast for over 13 hours? He also tried to say that as no-one else had complained of feeling ill then there was nothing he could do. Well they were clearing up the food just before we ate so obviously no-one else would have eaten the same food? Not much was offered to us in the way of compensation other than an apology and yes I know it wasn't deliberate but it should not happen and my other half took days to recover.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Elmo1989_03

Dear Elmo1989_03,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I am sincerely sorry that during your visit to Kuala Lumpur, your husband has fallen ill and I hope that he is feeling better now. As part of our food safety programme, very strict procedures are in place to govern food temperatures, production and washing hygiene practices. The Executive Chef reviewed these reports and food records based on the information that you and your husband provided to our manager. Unfortunately , we were not able to identify what may have been the cause and continue to monitor this to ensure that our food will maintain its freshness at all time. It is unfortunate that your wonderful trip were cut short due to this ill-fated event, and should you have further feedback, please contact me at harveyj.thompson@lemeridien.com.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in this hotel late December 2013. We got a fantastic price for the standard room. The hotel was beautiful and rooms were clean. Bathroom was also a good size. Pools were also nice. Location seemed slightly further out from the main city however, taxis were so cheap it was not an issue. The hotel is located right across from "sentral" station which was very handy to get a cheap meal and snacks. From the airport we were able to catch a bus for about $10AUD straight to the station! I loved this hotel and would stay here many times over. The only down side was the price buffet breakfast. I thought it was quite expensive in comparison to the price of our room. Overall fantastic hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Mart713,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and were able to enjoy all the service and facilities that we have in store for you. Should you decide to visit us again, we have many value added room promotions that come with buffet breakfast as part of the inclusions. Discover more at lemeridienkualalumpur.com.

We hope to see you and your partner very soon. Travel safe.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Was here for two nights. First of all, I must say that if you expect to arrive at a peak day and time such as Friday evening, then it is probably better to take the express train (28min direct) than a car (1.5hr jam). All the staff here are very polite and friendly. The buffet spreads for breakfast and lunch are superb. Look for the cute sausage trays - little rolls of meat, literally and constantly rolling on themselves! The hotel gym is as well equipped as a professional gym! (Highly impressed) Note that the swimming pool actually connects to the pool of Hilton next door - how interesting! If you order in-room service, get the oxtail soup - excellent complement to your main course; the menu is broad-spectrum. The rooms are huge, and TV large with comprehensive options. Wifi is most consistent inside the rooms and at the pool side. Looking at the other reviews, I agree this is not the best place if you wanna do intensive shopping, but fantastic if you are staying just for business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Derrick A

Dear Derrick A,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy that you had wonderful two-day stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and are able to explore the many services and facilities that we have in store for you. No doubt we may not be located in KL city centre; however, being strategically situated in nation's transportation hub, KL Sentral, it is in fact very accessible from hotel to visit many shopping havens in KL area. Furthermore, with the recently opened NU Sentral Mall, guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy some retail therapy and foodies venues within this vicinity while having a relaxing stay at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

We hope that you will visit us again and explore the many fun things happening within the hotel area.