“What a deal, what a buffet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #16 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne
“What a deal, what a buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Got a family deal with free kids rooms and the deal included both buffet dinners and breakfasts. It was fantastic. I have never had such an amazing buffet in all my 40 something years. So much exquisite food. Cannot fault this hotel. All staff have been helpful. Beds/pillows are super comfortable. It was so easy to get to/from the airport by the express 28 minute train, which is across the road. Easy to buy tickets. My only complaint is the smoggy sky in KL - urghhhh. This city really needs to address its pollution issues. But the hotel ... It's our last night and I wish I could stay much longer. Well done Le Merien staff and management.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LittleLaurie008
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear LittleLaurie008,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for making Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your family holiday destination. I am happy that you enjoyed our buffet variety at Latest Recipe. Though we may not be located in KL city centre; however, being in KL Sentral the nation's transportation hub, you are able to explore many unique and fun KL landmarks by commuting the train services without the hassle of traffic jam. In terms of the air quality, we have seen a recent change in this and know that certain steps have been communicated to address. Let us hope this take affect very soon.

We hope to see you and your family soon. Travel safe.

Harvey J. Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times in the past, but during this latest stay for a meeting, it has proven to be outstanding. Previously it was just a cheap alternative to the swankier Hilton next door. Now the rooms appear to have been revamped. It is of a high standard, and the service, from a previously indifferent bunch, has moved up several notches. Breakfast is good, too. Location is great, being a short taxi ride to most places to eat and to the night life in KL. Recommended for a first destination and no longer a second alternative to Hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CoconutHustle
Dear CoconutHustle,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for making Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your first recommendation whenever you visit Kuala Lumpur. As a 5-star hotel, we constantly strive to upkeep and upgrade our level of service and facilities so that our guests will be able to experience a relaxing, rejuvenating and refreshing stay with us.

Rest assure that I will share your positive review with my team in order to motivate them further. We look forward to your next visit be it for holiday or meetings.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Came here with my best friend and his family for a 3 days 2 night stay at le meridien KL.

When arrived via taxi to the hotel, we were welcome by the porter to proceed in for the check in.

The lobby's layout was magnificent. Upon check in, all 4 rooms were good to go for check in. We were than escorted to the room. Facilities and room amenities was tip top without a doubt. Unfortunately, the only issue was wifi in rooms was chargeble. It would be nice if it was complimentary if booked for a few rooms to get revenue from travellers who travel in big groups.

Other than that, service was remarkable and the overall stay was up to my standards as I am a hotelier myself in a 5 star hotel for over 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry.

Will want to return to this hotel soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Stoint D,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for making Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as you holiday destination. I am happy that you and your family were able to explore and experience the hotels' facilities during your three days stay with us. Pertaining to your comment on Wifi, we currently provide this complimentary services in all of our public areas and Restaurants and as a Brand, we will review the charges relating to the guest rooms. Moving forward we will also include more internet inclusive packages for guests to choose from to support our efforts in offering internet connectivity for no fee.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was on a business travel to KL and this hotel is one of my favorite. It is very convenience to reach from the KLIA via KLIA EKpress. The KL Sentral Station is right next door to the Hotel. My company's new office in Malaysia is only 5 minutes walks away. The food and service level are very good.

What more could I ask for?

Well, there is only one thing that I found could help me sleep better at night. I found the pillows are very thick and hard. I could not have a good sleep at this hotel, ever. I wish the hotel provides different type of pillows in a room so that people with different preferences can choose them. Thanks!

Room Tip: Get the higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BKLCH1
Dear BKL CHI,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your review with us and am glad that overall you had a fruitful business stay with us. We do have a pillow menu that you can choose from whenever you stay with us and will discuss with my Housekeeper how this can be more easily communicated to our guests. However, should you decide to visit us again, please let me know what is your favourite pillow type and we will make the necessary arrangement prior to you visit.

Have a great day.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well what to say about the hotel, great view, great food, great staff
We book a club stay and it was worth the money the extra attention we received was lovely.
This is our third time to Malaysia and this I would say was the best hotel we have stayed in.
There is only one issue you are a little out from the city however, this is only a quick taxi ride, mono rail, bus and very cheap.
I would recommend the stay and Mark in the club room was fabulous.

Room Tip: Be prepare to travel to the city
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear 2mumies,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for your positive review and making Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your staycation whenever you visit Kuala Lumpur. I agree, we may be a little off from KL city centre; however, we are strategically located at the nation's transportation hub that allow our guests to travel to many interesting and "Must See" destinations with ease without the hassle of traffic jam.

Now that, there is a new mall in KL Sentral, you will have more walk options in terms of retail therapy and foodies choices within walking distance.

We look forward to your fourth visit soon. Travel safe and have a great week ahead.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

There was nothing wrong with my short stay at the Le Meridien KL. The room was clean and well equipped, the staff exceedingly helpful and the location perfect for my many trips out to PJ and other suburbs. The pool was also well designed and just the thing for a relaxing dip. I can happily vouch the buffett breakfast is even better then the generous reviews I'd read. It was like the galaxy - it had neither beginning nor end. Every Asian base was covered from string hoppers to rendang and everything inbetwixt. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. This is now my new base in KL.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lunarboogie
Dear Lunarboogie,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur as your holiday destination and also making KL as your new base. I am very happy that you enjoyed our wide array of delicious breakfast selections at Latest Recipe. I hope that when you visit us again, do explore other award winning restaurants such as PRIME, Gastro Sentral and Favola.

Should you decide to make Kuala Lumpur as your next base in Asia, do discover our "Long Stay Rate" promotion that surely beneficial for you. For more information, visit lemeridienkualalumpur.com.

Have a great day.

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed in Le Meridien, Kuala Lumpur for 5 days in May 2014. Being a single female traveller (first timer to Malaysia) needed an accomodation that can ensure easy connectivity and security.

This place has more to offer. Thanks to the Harvey Thomson, was given a room on 31st floor. What an amazing room and view. Loved it. My privacy and security both were ensured.

About accessibility, this hotel is right opposite KL Sentral station (which connects you to all the railway lines). Airport also has xpress line which takes 28 minutes to reach KL Sentral from Airport. Hop on and Hop off bus also has its bus stop outside the hotel. You can also get taxis easily outside the hotel.

Le Meridian has nice breakfast and lunch spread too. No comments on dinner, as i couldn't get the opportunity to dine there.

Conference rooms needs some renovation is what i believe.

It is a gret choice for staying.

Room Tip: Try for higher floors. Feels amazing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Creadivs,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am happy that during your 5-day stay with us, you were able to explore the many facilities that Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur has to offer. I am glad that you were able to experience Kuala Lumpur by using the "Hop on and Hop off" bus that takes you to a lot of interesting destinations in the city. We hope that when you decide to visit us again, you will be able to savour many cuisines that our award winning restaurants have to offer for dinner.

Do drop me a line when you are in KL. Travel safe and see you soon.