“Incredibly Central”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #13 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Perfect location in Kuala Lumpur. The rooms are just your stock standard hotel rooms with nothing special. The beds were comfortable enough. The best part of the stay was the breakfast buffet! Only complaint was about noise from other hotel guests but the hotel can't be faulted for its guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear singhrajnesh,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am happy that you were able to have a relaxing stay and enjoyed our buffet breakfast. As for the room, I am glad to share that we are in midst of re-designing our rooms to ensure our guests have relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you prefer to travel a city by public transport, the Le Meridian is the best option. It's located directly outside the train station! It was so easy to go to all different sections of the city and stop back in at the hotel if I wanted to drop things off, change or have a quick rest. And surprisingly enough, it was very quiet despite the busy location. (*Bonus: it's a 5 minute walk from Brickfields)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen K

Dear Helen K,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

I am very happy that you were able to have an enjoyable and relaxing stay with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. It is wonderful to learn that while you were here, you managed to explore many unique destinations in KL. See you soon and have a great day.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed another night here with my mother. I had a great experience staying here 2 years ago so I didn't hesitate booking again. This time around, I was upgraded to a terrace suite, complimentary from SPG as I am a platinum member. Room was large, with living room and a balcony/patio. The service here totally exceeded my expectations. I will stay here again the next time I visit :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear cookiebeast,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Welcome back and I am very happy that you and your mum were able to enjoy all the facilities and services that Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur has created for you. Should you decide to make out hotel to be your home away from home, discover our many fantastic and value added room promotions at lemeridienkualalumpur.com.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I were in the china town, and our wallet was stolen while we were trying to pay.
We were extremely shocked and afraid. We tried to calm down and be thankful that we did not lose our bags alltogether.
Then we began to walk to our hotel, le meridien, relying on the google map.
We ended up in the middle of a highway without no pedestrian walk.
We figured out that we should call our hotel (le meridien) and ask for help.
The hotel explained that they could send a taxi for us, with 50 % additional pick-up charges.
We had no choice but to say yes. What came was the most expensive type of Malaysian taxi, a blue van. The meter said 16 RM when we arrived and we were asked to pay 25.
Do you think this is a proper action that a good 5 star hotel should do to the customers who have stolen their wallet? Then I think Le meridien is for you. But this is not the case for us, and we would never again stay at this hotel.

But breakfast and happyhour was good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hizaki

Dear Hizaki,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Firstly, I would like to personally apologise for your negative experience during your recent visit to KL's China Town. It is really unfortunate that you and your family went through this traumatic episode and understood that our team were not as helpful as they should be. I have highlighted this feedback to them and believe that they may not have understood the situation, which you were in. Nevertheless, this is not a situation we want our guests to experience and will ensure we are more aware in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Le Meridien is connected to the Hilton Hotel very close to downtown KL. It is just across the street from KL Sentral, which is where you can catch a train straight to the airport. Both hotels are very nice, as I stayed in both for a couple days. I was very impressed with the hotel. The lobby is modern and impressive. The gym and pool are shared between the two hotels and are thus very large. The gym is among the best I have seen at a hotel. The pool is more like a resort pool than a city center pool, equipped with a water slide! The staff all over the hotel were extremely nice, especially the lounge. I have to make special mention of the lounge staff! Personally, I prefer the more modern rooms of the Hilton, but that is just a personal preference. It doesn't mean that Le Meridien is any less comfortable! The only complaint I could possibly think of is that internet is not free for most guests. I think that is an outdated policy and these days internet should be included in the room rate. Nevertheless, I highly recommend for any stays in KL!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jchanlifat,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

It is great to know that you were able to enjoy and explore the many facilities and services that Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur has in store for you. In terms of free WIFI, moving forward we will work in looking at more packages to include internet as an inclusion.

Travel safe and see you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I had a club room and the experience was just exceptional. I didn't like the standard pillows and they promptly brought two foam pillows to the room. Breakfast was a delight and the KLIA express to the airport was very convenient.

Room Tip: Club rooms come with free Wi-Fi and breakfast as well as use of the lounge on the 33rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tom N,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Thank you for penning down your wonderful experience with us. I am really happy that you had an exceptional experience during your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon. Travel safe.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is very well located with all the amenities one could need for a short business trip. Given that it is attached to another good hotel and a new mall, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from within a short walk.

The rooms are clean but quite small and the service good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard G

Dear Richard G,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!!

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur is in fact located in a very strategic area where everything that our guests need is within walking distance. Furthermore, to experience the vibrancy of KL city centre, the main train services we have in KL Sentral, guests will be able to explore KL's hidden secrets without the hassle of traffic jam.

We hope to see you soon. Travel safe.