Staff make a hotel and the ones at the Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur certainly add to this hotel's appeal. All very well trained and very helpful and attentive. You can have the occasional language problem but nothing major. I'll certainly make this a regular hotel for my visits.
The hotel itself is superb (the old Niko hotel), especially if you are given one of the re-furbished rooms (not all have been upgraded yet). A few things might let the hotel down a little.
1. Rooms could be cleaned a bit better, on checking in the glass topped tables still had smears and finger prints and lint and other items on the carpet - nothing major.
2. Really good water pressure in the shower but the sink was blocked.
3. The restaurant prices are VERY high for KL, a glass of wine with lunch, RM72 for something that probably is about that price for a bottle in a bottle shop and a fairly average steak sandwich at around RM90.
4. They do that irksome thing (that may hotels do now), make it YOUR responsibility to remember to put the little card on the bed if you want the sheets changed and be a slob and DON'T hang up your towels if you want them replaced. Why not say "place this card on the bed if you want to help us to be "green" and not change the sheets?
5. They run the air-conditioning way too cold in the public areas! Not necessary and especially if you are promoting your hotel as being green and environmentally friendly.
But overall a great hotel with great staff and one I'd recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel in the heart of Malaysia, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur offers one of the most sought after locations in the city, making it an ideal urban retreat for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is just steps away from the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and within walking distance to countless other shopping and entertainment activities. Choose to work in comfort or luxury in the 473 spaciously designed rooms, including 110 newly renovated Grand Premier Rooms that feature modern, earth tone furnishings and state-of-the-art enhancements. Wine and dine in style with a selection of restaurants including the award-wining Tatsu Japanese Restaurant, Tao Chinese Cuisine, Serena Brasserie, OneSixFive and Bentley's Pub. InterContinental Kuala Lumpur also boasts eight meeting rooms and two conference venues to host memorable events from an intimate group of 20 or a large conference of 600 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Nikko Hotel
- Nikko Kuala Lumpur