3,026 results
All reviewsserena brasserieambassador memberpetronas towersthe club loungejalan ampangsubway stationpremier roomroom upgradechinese restaurantfree shuttleking bedbusiness tripspecial thanksmain restaurantbreakfast buffet isfive star hotelfew minutes walk
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed Here With My Family As A Couple And Two Children Stayed In May 2014 For 2 Nights,Made A Booking Through Booking.Com.Genuine Advice For Indians Travelling To Malaysia,Please Kindly Aviod Staying Here.Initially On Day 1 Of My Chk-Inn At Around 1 Am, Felt Welcomed By One Miss Noor-Melissa At The Reception,But Was Very Much Disappointed The Next Day When I Went For The Break-Fast,A Very Unwelcoming Experience,No Table Nobody Bothered To Ask You Finally When Found One Nobody To Clear It.Asked For Tea And Got Cold Tea Water Requested For Some Ketchup Nobody Got It,The Guy At The Saute Counter Was Really Rude Asked Him To Make A Paratha And He Said There Were Plenty In The Container And Should Pick One From It,Finally Did Not Make Me One, Although Indians Are Major Tourist Contribution To Malaysia There Is Nothing To Suit The Indian Palate.A Similar Experience The Next Day No Table Cold Tea Again A Rude Paratha Man While Speaking To Him One Mr. Jason Popped Up And With-Out Asking Me Simply Took A Paratha From The Container And Placed It In My Plate Saying It Was Hot Actually The Idea To Get One Made Was That It Was A Mix Of Egg And Eggless Paratha In The Box ,This Mr. Jason Followed Me To The Table,Discussing Indian Guests At Thier Hotel He Tells Me On My Face That Indians Are Very Complaining,There After He Gives Me His Card Asking Me To Rate Them Good On Facebook Or Twitter Infact I Saw This Mr.Jason Moving To Other Tables Giving Them His Card And To Rate Them Good On Fb Etc.On The Contrary To My Above Experience I Realised That The Staff Was Very Welcoming To The Other Guests From Other Western Countries It Was Very Apparent.As An Indian I Felt Completely Neglected Un-Welcomed And Alien In This Hotel Please Do-Not Fall For Thier Cheaper Rates And Thier Prices,Indians Especially Marwaris And Gujratis Who Are Foodies Kindly Aviod Staying Here,They Have Vegetarian Dishes With Prawns So Kindly Double Check Before Ordering And Eating.Please Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NDANISH
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Mr. Khan,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Kuala Lumpur. I have tried to contact you by replying to your review on IHG Reviews last month as I am are alarmed by your comments. I would like to personally speak with you to learn what happened exactly and I would appreciate it if you could send me your contact details to hafidh.albusaidy@ihg.com. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Surprised at the beginning of our stay during check in on Sunday night. Three parties had a complimentary room upgrade plus welcome drinks at the lobby lounge. King size bed looked humongously big for single occupant.

Went to take a sneak peek at the club lounge, wasn't exceptional though. View wasn't spectacular as intercontinental was surrounded by a few nearby skyscraper. Small area.

Good choice of spread for breakfast. Enjoy our nights at level 2 sports bar, good food and drinks plus a great round of pool and screening of world cup.

Convenient to get taxis.

Check out was effortlessly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear christabel_wwjd,

Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay. We're glad you enjoyed your stay as we look to welcome you back to the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and always enjoy my stay. Bustling lobby and large, clean rooms. I find the service a little stiff however compared to other IC hotels I have stayed at in Asia. More smiling and friendly greetings are required. The hotel is in a good location for shopping and restaurants and the breakfast offering is great. Good value for an IC hotel. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor at the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles H

Dear Charles H,

Thank you for your loyalty and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. We're glad to read you found our location convenient and breakfast offering great. We have noted your feedback that the associates should smile and greet more and we couldn't agree more on that point. The next time you're staying with us, we hope to be of service to you once again, with more smiles and greetings!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I would like to recommend the staff at this hotel, especially Jason, restuarant (breakfast) Suman, barman, and Calvin, conciege, whom looked after me over and above my expectations during my stay here. The staff were helpful, friendly and efficient and the hotel was lovely. Definately a hotel to stay at. My husband was taken very ill for 7weeks so i was on my own

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Julie G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience and mentioning our associates by name. We're sorry to hear your husband was ill and we hope that he has recovered. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur. Until then, safe travels...

Reviewed 6 July 2014

First impression of the Hotel is a beautiful foyer and friendly staff which is always nice after a long flight from Australia.
The rooms are a nice size and an added bonus is the close access to banks and the KL hop on and hop off bus which stops right in front of the hotel.
To balance this there were a few issues that took our rating down from what is should have been.
The beds are super hard and gave us both sore backs on each morning.
The pool area is very small and has no spa or sauna which is what you would expect from a five star hotel.
Lastly the rooms should have international adapters in each room which is a minimum offering we have found in other similar hotels.
The breakfast is sensational and as mentioned previously the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
Overall a nice experience with a few areas for improvement.
A tips for shoppers after an amazing experience catch the KL hop on Hop off to Chinatown. You will be own away by the amount of items to purchase but make sure you haggle hard!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stu H,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. We have noted your feedback and we will be looking at how we can further improve. We're delighted to read your comments on the breakfast and we'll ensure the F&B team reads your comments as well. The next time your travels bring you to KL, we hope to be at your service once again.