“Unmatched Courtesy and Service!”

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #11 of 355 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Last week my two daughters and I stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental, KL, Malaysia. I have been to 50 countries in the past 30 odd years in connection with business and pleasure and have stayed in numerous first class hotels world-wide.

The service, courtesy, friendship, care, and persistent smiles we received from the hotel staff were unmatched and we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The rooms at the hotel are really comfortable.

Here, I must mention a couple of names to whom my daughters and I are really grateful: Ms Anne Jaffer was really helpful in terms of all enquiries and information. I had some personal bank business at a nearby CIMB Bank and since my walking is impaired due to the stroke I suffered a few years ago, Mr Syahridon (a hotel staff) walked me to the bank and stayed with me there for nearly half hour until I finished the business and he helped walk me back to the hotel – All Smiles – Unbelievable Courtesy!

I recommend Hotel Intercontinental, KL, without any reservation and am glad that my daughters and I stayed there for one week.

Professor Dr Arshad Ali, Florida, USA

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aali43
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Professor Dr Arshad Ali,

Thank you for staying with us for a week and leaving us your review. Anne and Syahridon would be proud to read their names mentioned in your review. We'll we sharing your comments with the associates as it will encourage the team to perform even better. It is our mission to have guests leave happy and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hafidh Al-Busaidy

Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have always looked forward to returning to this hotel, and always book a club room. It was sad to see that so many of the club staff have left and the manager. The new staff do not have the touch or enthusiasm, except for Jeff, who as always gives outstanding professional customer service, and holds the operation together. The new manager has no customer service experience. The housekeeping also seems to have deteriorated, with room not made up till 2pm, bathroom not cleaned properly, and out of 5 nights, only 2 turndown service and not even the bins emptied. The breakfast was excellent as always but evening food in club lounge to a poor standard compared with usual. No one could explain why spirits or wine are no longer allowed in mini bar, and the experience for the price since January was quite disappointing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is my first time staying at the InterCon KL. As I had a meeting at the Petronas Twin Tower, I wanted a hotel which is nearby, but not as expensive as the Mandarin Oriental. I chose InterCon KL for two reasons - I am a Platinum member, and (more importantly) this hotel is 10 minutes walk to the Petronas Twin Tower. Why this is important is because KL traffic jam is quite bad during rush hour, which means you can walk to the Twin Tower without the need to take a cab.

Location-wise, the InterCon is next to the a very good nasi padang place and a Chinese restaurant (if you want some local food). Or, its a straight 10 min walk to the swanky and brand new Marble 8 Steakhouse (if you have a hankering for a tomahawk steak which costs around MYR1,400...yes, MYR1,400 or around £260.)

The hotel restaurants are adequate. Buffet breakfast at the Serena Brasserie will cost you MYR62/person and the food choice is a fairly extensive mix of local and international fair.

One thing I was very slightly disappointed was, that I was told I had a room upgrade, being a Platinum member. While the King-size bed was very comfortable, the room size didnt feel like an upgrade - normal room size. But overall, no complains.

Service at the concierge was very attentive.

I would recommend this hotel if you have business dealings with companies at the Petronas Twin Tower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear ShahrinIY,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a informational review. We're certain potential travellers to this part of Kuala Lumpur will find your review helpful.

We are thrilled to read that you had memorable stay with us. Your feedback and kind words keeps us dedicated towards seeking perfection and I will pass along your thoughtful review to the entire team.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here from Friday - Tuesday and the room was huge and very luxurious. Enormous lobby and quite sumptuous. Went to the breakfast in the morning and met Nor Faisah and Jason. Every morning when I went to breakfast they greeted me like a long lost family member and made sure I had enough coffee, enough juice. I thought they were expecting a tip, however upon asking a Malaysian colleage, it appears that they are being friendly and welcoming for the sake of being friendly and welcoming.

Was here for Ramadan and I attended the buffet dinner on Saturday night. What a feast! The restaurant manager was talking to me and found out I was willing to try any type of food, well he just kept bringing me new foods to try. Things I never would have thought of.

So thank you for a lovely stay. I am now in Singapore and the room is tiny...wish I was back in the Intercontinental in my king size bed with enormous pillows!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah H

Dear Sarah H,

I am very pleased to read that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay memorable! It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We upgraded to the club room for business meeting purposes and that decision was a good one.
The breakfast and evening drinks were wonderful, as were the staff throughout the hotel. Attentive, courteous and friendly. The hotel looks relatively new thanks to a make over and bedding, amenities and the like are all excellent quality for the price. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the cub room, the complimentary inclusions are well worth the extra price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear DAVIDXOTIC,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your review which was a joy to read. We're happy to learn that you will stay with us again. Till then, safe travels.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed Here With My Family As A Couple And Two Children Stayed In May 2014 For 2 Nights,Made A Booking Through Booking.Com.Genuine Advice For Indians Travelling To Malaysia,Please Kindly Aviod Staying Here.Initially On Day 1 Of My Chk-Inn At Around 1 Am, Felt Welcomed By One Miss Noor-Melissa At The Reception,But Was Very Much Disappointed The Next Day When I Went For The Break-Fast,A Very Unwelcoming Experience,No Table Nobody Bothered To Ask You Finally When Found One Nobody To Clear It.Asked For Tea And Got Cold Tea Water Requested For Some Ketchup Nobody Got It,The Guy At The Saute Counter Was Really Rude Asked Him To Make A Paratha And He Said There Were Plenty In The Container And Should Pick One From It,Finally Did Not Make Me One, Although Indians Are Major Tourist Contribution To Malaysia There Is Nothing To Suit The Indian Palate.A Similar Experience The Next Day No Table Cold Tea Again A Rude Paratha Man While Speaking To Him One Mr. Jason Popped Up And With-Out Asking Me Simply Took A Paratha From The Container And Placed It In My Plate Saying It Was Hot Actually The Idea To Get One Made Was That It Was A Mix Of Egg And Eggless Paratha In The Box ,This Mr. Jason Followed Me To The Table,Discussing Indian Guests At Thier Hotel He Tells Me On My Face That Indians Are Very Complaining,There After He Gives Me His Card Asking Me To Rate Them Good On Facebook Or Twitter Infact I Saw This Mr.Jason Moving To Other Tables Giving Them His Card And To Rate Them Good On Fb Etc.On The Contrary To My Above Experience I Realised That The Staff Was Very Welcoming To The Other Guests From Other Western Countries It Was Very Apparent.As An Indian I Felt Completely Neglected Un-Welcomed And Alien In This Hotel Please Do-Not Fall For Thier Cheaper Rates And Thier Prices,Indians Especially Marwaris And Gujratis Who Are Foodies Kindly Aviod Staying Here,They Have Vegetarian Dishes With Prawns So Kindly Double Check Before Ordering And Eating.Please Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NDANISH
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Mr. Khan,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Kuala Lumpur. I have tried to contact you by replying to your review on IHG Reviews last month as I am are alarmed by your comments. I would like to personally speak with you to learn what happened exactly and I would appreciate it if you could send me your contact details to hafidh.albusaidy@ihg.com. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Surprised at the beginning of our stay during check in on Sunday night. Three parties had a complimentary room upgrade plus welcome drinks at the lobby lounge. King size bed looked humongously big for single occupant.

Went to take a sneak peek at the club lounge, wasn't exceptional though. View wasn't spectacular as intercontinental was surrounded by a few nearby skyscraper. Small area.

Good choice of spread for breakfast. Enjoy our nights at level 2 sports bar, good food and drinks plus a great round of pool and screening of world cup.

Convenient to get taxis.

Check out was effortlessly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear christabel_wwjd,

Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay. We're glad you enjoyed your stay as we look to welcome you back to the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur in the future.