“A brilliant place to stay!”

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #11 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thank-you to the staff at the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur! Right from the get go you went out of our way to make sure we were comfortable & had everything we needed (including a pillow menu & very affordable room service)! A brilliant Xmas dinner & buffet breakfast too! <3

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear jessdemichelis,

Thank you for your short and wonderful review. It was a real pleasure to read. We're pleased to read you stayed over the Christmas period. Will we be seeing you this Christmas? We certainly hope so!

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at the InterContinental KL for 6 weeks over a period of 6 months for business. Each time I have stayed at the hotel I have been made to feel most welcome. The service by all hotel staff is exemplary. The breakfast is buffet style that caters for an international clientele. The choice and quality of the food is excellent and beautifully presented. The rooms are clean, well-appointed and comfortable. Laundry service was very good with business shirts beautifully pressed and packaged. This hotel is an ideal location. It is close to the Petronas Towers and it is easy to get around KL from this location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr and Mrs R,

Thank you for staying with us for 6 weeks over a 6 month period. It's always a pleasure to read comments from our valued guests, especially one that is so positive.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

When you enter The intercontinental you're welcomed into the lobby. Even though the hotel seems a touch dated, the Lobby is lovely, with the 4 large pillars & the chandeliers gives the hotel a luxurious feel.

The concierge was very friendly & upgraded us quickly, including welcome drinks. The room was spacious, with a lounge, work desk & tv facing the bed - standard hotel room stuff. After coming from the Grand Hyatt, I have to say that the bathroom was plain in comparison a the Intercon has nicer bath towels though (bigger). Good water pressure/temperature etc.

The bed was comfortable & it was nice to have a pillow menu.

Breakfast buffet was good. Noodle bar, egg bar, Japanese section, Chinese & Malaysian section, western selections, continental options, salads, breads & cereals. What was different was the Teh Tarik & the hot soy milk - not many hotels offer this.

One outstanding thing; we checked in under my name only. So they didn't have my partners name on the room. When he forgot his keycard, the front desk called me to check that I was okay for them to issue another key. This is amazing. Too many hotels don't perform this check & I find it so reassuring to know that they won't let a stranger into the hotel without checking first. Well done Intercon & Thankyou!

All round; a pleasant stay at a good price.

Dear M T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and leaving your detailed feedback! We're glad to read you had a good experience from the moment you checked in until your departure. If I could just highlight your comments on the security check before issuing a key card to your partner, the security and safety of our guests are our utmost importance. Again, thank you and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business. Room good, clean and spacious. Public areas well maintained and open, breakfast very wide choice and friendly staff. Reception staff very happy to assist when I asked.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HappyTim
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear HappyTim,

We am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your thoughtful review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Last week my two daughters and I stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental, KL, Malaysia. I have been to 50 countries in the past 30 odd years in connection with business and pleasure and have stayed in numerous first class hotels world-wide.

The service, courtesy, friendship, care, and persistent smiles we received from the hotel staff were unmatched and we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The rooms at the hotel are really comfortable.

Here, I must mention a couple of names to whom my daughters and I are really grateful: Ms Anne Jaffer was really helpful in terms of all enquiries and information. I had some personal bank business at a nearby CIMB Bank and since my walking is impaired due to the stroke I suffered a few years ago, Mr Syahridon (a hotel staff) walked me to the bank and stayed with me there for nearly half hour until I finished the business and he helped walk me back to the hotel – All Smiles – Unbelievable Courtesy!

I recommend Hotel Intercontinental, KL, without any reservation and am glad that my daughters and I stayed there for one week.

Professor Dr Arshad Ali, Florida, USA

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aali43

Dear Professor Dr Arshad Ali,

Thank you for staying with us for a week and leaving us your review. Anne and Syahridon would be proud to read their names mentioned in your review. We'll we sharing your comments with the associates as it will encourage the team to perform even better. It is our mission to have guests leave happy and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have always looked forward to returning to this hotel, and always book a club room. It was sad to see that so many of the club staff have left and the manager. The new staff do not have the touch or enthusiasm, except for Jeff, who as always gives outstanding professional customer service, and holds the operation together. The new manager has no customer service experience. The housekeeping also seems to have deteriorated, with room not made up till 2pm, bathroom not cleaned properly, and out of 5 nights, only 2 turndown service and not even the bins emptied. The breakfast was excellent as always but evening food in club lounge to a poor standard compared with usual. No one could explain why spirits or wine are no longer allowed in mini bar, and the experience for the price since January was quite disappointing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is my first time staying at the InterCon KL. As I had a meeting at the Petronas Twin Tower, I wanted a hotel which is nearby, but not as expensive as the Mandarin Oriental. I chose InterCon KL for two reasons - I am a Platinum member, and (more importantly) this hotel is 10 minutes walk to the Petronas Twin Tower. Why this is important is because KL traffic jam is quite bad during rush hour, which means you can walk to the Twin Tower without the need to take a cab.

Location-wise, the InterCon is next to the a very good nasi padang place and a Chinese restaurant (if you want some local food). Or, its a straight 10 min walk to the swanky and brand new Marble 8 Steakhouse (if you have a hankering for a tomahawk steak which costs around MYR1,400...yes, MYR1,400 or around £260.)

The hotel restaurants are adequate. Buffet breakfast at the Serena Brasserie will cost you MYR62/person and the food choice is a fairly extensive mix of local and international fair.

One thing I was very slightly disappointed was, that I was told I had a room upgrade, being a Platinum member. While the King-size bed was very comfortable, the room size didnt feel like an upgrade - normal room size. But overall, no complains.

Service at the concierge was very attentive.

I would recommend this hotel if you have business dealings with companies at the Petronas Twin Tower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear ShahrinIY,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a informational review. We're certain potential travellers to this part of Kuala Lumpur will find your review helpful.

We are thrilled to read that you had memorable stay with us. Your feedback and kind words keeps us dedicated towards seeking perfection and I will pass along your thoughtful review to the entire team.