InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Travelocity
US$243
US$212
Great 4.5/5
JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$206
US$227
US$84
  • Restaurant
US$111
US$102
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$86
US$71
Very Good 4/5
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
2,834 results
All reviewsserena brasserieambassador memberpetronas towersthe club loungejalan ampangampang park stationpremier roomroom upgradefree shuttlechinese restaurantbusiness tripking bedbreakfast buffet isfive star hotellate checkfew minutes walkshopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on work. Didn't spend too much time in the hotel (didn't have a breakfast rate) but what little time I did, mainly to sleep, it was great.

I go upgraded to the new Grand Premier room since I am a Platinum member and they even allowed me an early check in as I arrived before 10am. I had written to the central customer care email requesting for this so maybe that helped.

The lady at the check in was really helpful and I got a late check out too. She was very polite and as a platinum member I got two free drinks at the bar too.

The room itself was huge - especially the very large king bed. These rooms have been refurbished - the bed and TV is my guess. Maybe some elements in the bathroom.

Either way, one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in - didn't sleep at all the first day so at night crashed out at 8:30am and awoke the next day at... 9am. That's right. So the bed must have played a key part!

The restaurants looked really nice though a bit on the expensive side I thought even though I didn't have a single meal there. But they had Japanese, Chinese, all-day dining as well as a lobby bar and a 'pub' kind of bar on the first floor.

The other good thing about this hotel is the location. There's a metro line nearby as well as Suria KLCC/Petronas Twin Towers. The latter is a 5-7 min walk so you can get some retail therapy done and get some good food too.

Would definitely stay there even with my family as we could all fit into one of those large king size beds. With space to spare.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new refurbished Grand Premier rooms. Very large king beds and a lot of space.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank vman63
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear vman63,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip to Kuala Lumpur. We're very happy to read you had a comfortable rest. We're disappointed to read you were unable to try any of our outlets, but we do hope that you will pay us a visit in the near future along with your family. Perhaps then you will have more time as we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Been out to KL on business and what better way to relax that staying in a quality hotel.

I can't fault anything from the staff, food and bedrooms.

Imaculate and really sets you up for day.

Fantastic 5 star stay!!!!

James

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear James,

Thank you for staying with us. It was a real pleasure reading your review! We hope to have you back with us again the next time you're in KL for business or leisure!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed for two nights for holiday with my wife, this hotel located around 300-400M from Klcc, obviously walking distance BUT they dont have any room with twin tower view. Room was spacious, clean, luxurious, kings size bed very comfortable, pillow was perfect, bathroom very comfortable, separated bath tub and shower, complete aminities and water pressure was perfect. Swim pool at 6/7 floor facing to CBD, size was okay, didnt try gym etc. breakfast was good, various menu served.
I basically enjoying my time staying in this hotel, everything was nice to me. Will coming back when visiting KL.
Oh they also provide shuttle to Bukit Bintang area and Klcc every around 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Choose higher level for better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mikhael M
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Mikhael M,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read you had a great stay and will be returning to stay with us the next time you are in Kuala Lumpur, hope that would be soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed at the property for 2 nights. Great hardware with the biggest bed that I have ever seen. Internal furnishing are great and it is only a short walk away from KLCC.
Service was inconsistent unfortunately. I checked in with another friend who booked the same rate. My friend's check-in was completed within 5 minutes whilst mine took 15 minutes plus with the check-in clerk doesn't seem to know what she was doing. My friend received drinks voucher and etc while I did not, unfortunately I had to ask for this from the check-in clerk. For the hotel to become a true 5 star property, better training is required for their frontline staff, but otherwise this is a great property to be in, great location and affordable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kevinyhli

Dear kevinyhli,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your feedback and I agree that for an international 5 star hotel the service should be consistent. It is with your feedback that we can further improve and I will ensure the team reads your review as we strive to further improve. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur is a very nice play if you are on vacation in Kuala Lumpur. We stayed two night here. Its a fantastic location to start explore Kuala Lumpur. Design like the hotel is brilliant. Its luxury but still friendly. It makes just fun to be guest in a new city and feel comfortable in your liked hotel brand. Good restaurants are also available in the hotel. The service team and front office is very friendly. The team in the club lounge wasn't as good as the rest of the hotel. It takes to get drinks and also its not as friendly as in the rest of the hotel.
The rooms are a very nice. Like the design and the hotel is very quite. Even if its located very central you don't can complain against any noise.
So only improving could be done at the club lounge and maybe some more outdoor seating at the restaurant would be good. But beside this I could highly recommend this intercontinental hotel.

Room Tip: Get high floor and don't pay for the club access as the service there isn't that good. The quality of food is also not worth the money. Even for free I would use the other restaurants.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank PaulAmsterdam575
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear PaulAmsterdam575,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and leaving your feedback. We're delighted to read you had a great stay and found our location convenient. We would also like to apologise for the less than satisfactory experience at the club lounge and we will be looking to ensure consistent service throughout the hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us and leaving your valuable feedback and see you soon.