My fiancé and I stay at the Melia in December 2013. Overall this is a well priced hotel and Awesome location! We stayed in a standard guest room on level 11 with a King Bed - Daily breakfast was included in the overall price.
1 Very good location - opposite times square shopping centre and walking distance to other major shopping centres.
2 Amazing buffet breakfast in the morning - there is a dedicated chef making omelettes to order which was a fresh change. Wait staff and kitchen staff were very attentive and professional - Job well done!!
3. Lobby staff seemed friendly most of the time - by no means outstanding - but professional and helpful as to be expected.
3 Reasonable toiletries provided each day by house keeping
4 We ordered room service 2 night in a row and thoroughly enjoyed our meals whilst watching the cable movies.
5 Their turn down service was a nice touch.
1 The first thing we noticed about this room is how worn and tired it is. This hotel is definitely in need of a make-over/modernisation. This goes for the hallways to the room and the lobby. Im not overly fussy but when wall paper is starting to peel from the walls, their is cracks in the bathroom tiles (needed re grouting) and the room smells like cigarette smoke (after specifically asking for non-smoking) it is not ideal. I believe however that the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment in the near future - so hopefully things will improve!
2 The swimming pool is small and the water temperature is too cold. I would expect the pool temperature to be cool given the climate - but not cold enough to take my breathe away when entering and make my man-hood go north.
3 Although we got a high level room (level 11) you could still hear street traffic clearly - it was very noisy at night!
4 The beds in this place are rock solid hard - not the most comfortable nights sleep i've ever had!
5 No free wifi in the room
Overall a reasonable hotel - perhaps I would try another hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the city's prime location, among all the prestigious business addresses, stands the Melia Kuala Lumpur. Right at the heart of the city's 'Golden Triangle' and commercial district, the hotel occupies an unbeatable location. With the iconic Petronas Twin Towers reachable in 3 minutes by monorail, popular shopping attractions footsteps away, and cultural attractions such as the Bintang Walk and Little India nearby. The hotel features spacious, well-appointed rooms that are bathed in warm sunlight. A range of dining options, filled with the flavors and diversity that define Malaysia, is served daily within the hotel. Gym are available for leisure while a business center and host of functional meeting rooms stand ready when work calls. With an outstanding location, top-rate service, facilities that delight, and a dedication to sustainability, Melia Kuala Lumpur is perfect for any traveler looking to be at the center of all the action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Sol Melia Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Melia