I have stayed at Sheraton KL a couple of times and they were good experiences. But over the weekends I stayed again I feel the standard seemed to be dropping:
- Keycard does not work for club floor until the 3rd time we went back to reception to activate it. Receptionist was apologetic enough, but it was still frustrating/
- Left my keycard at the reception for my friend who will arrive while I was out, with her name written. However, when she arrived they claimed that there was no key for her. Still not sure what happened there.
- Most unforgiving was that the hotel phone rang at 5am and 7:30am (3 times). At 5am it rang once before stopping, so I think they made a wrong call. However phones in the rooms are extremely loud and it was very unpleasant to be awoken at an ungodly hour by it. At 7:30 I pick up and the person on the other end said it was morning call which nobody requested for. End up being very badly rested for the day.
- It was my friend's birthday and the hotel managed to produce a cake last minute for her, which I am very grateful for.
- Receptionists were all very nice, albeit causing a keycard disappearance mystery
- Rooms are clean and spaciousMore
- Free Wifi