“Impressive”

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #28 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Agreed with HTC Sydney who reviewed a few days ago.

I was there in June and stayed stayed in this hotel only for one night.

I was very impressed with the grand lobby and the service received at the reception. The staffs are certainty well trained and ever ready to help.

I stayed in the club room which came with club privileges like lunge access. I think it is worth every cents. Huge rooms with great high bed and comfortable pillows. A sure recipe for a good night sleep. I liked the big bathroom with a full size tub and a separate shower area.

If you intend to stay in the hotel to recuperate from all the stress and hassle of the easily clogged-up traffic of KL and 'over-walked' legs and body due to too much shopping and playing .This is the hotel to go. With the cool pool (except that it is not really suitable for young toddlers) and cosy
lounge, one can simply stay in the hotel all day.

The lounge offers simple but certainly lovely finger food and great varieties of coffee and tea that accompany the great fantastic view of the KL city. With a book in hand, one can really spend the whole day soaking in the light music and undisturbed environment.

Breakfast is also available at the lounge if you want to avoid the crowd at level 2. It all depends what you want. Certainly, there is more varieties offered as compared to the breakfast at the lounge.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a complimentary upgrade. If not, I would still suggest you to go for the club room. I...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MrVTan
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear family MrVTan,
Very impressive review and the entire team would like to say thank you for all your compliments and your full rating of 5 points. Great that we managed to give you and the family a true Sheraton experience and that you had time to get out of all the stress and daily hassle during your stay. We all hope you will join our Sheraton Club floor on your next visit again and look forward to be your host again.
Stephan Sieberg

Write a ReviewReviews (3,363)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel only for one night while on transit. The hotel certainly impresses - very grand entrance and decor. I stayed in the deluxe room which is their standard room and boy, it was huge. I had so much space to move around. There is a small walk in wardrobe and the bathroom is also huge with a full size tub and a separate shower area. Complimentary water bottle were everywhere and I counted 10 of them! Most hotels give out 1 or max 2 - hence the inclusion of this in my review. My rate I paid for didn't include breakfast but being in the centre of the action (with the monorail just less than 100 metres away from the hotel), why pay for it when you can head into town and get breakfast for less! At RM60 for buffet breakfast, I must admit its not bad price wise. And Asian hotels can do no wrong with buffet breakfast. Shopping is only two-three monorail stations away, and if you fancy a slow walk to or from the shopping area, it can be done as well. Staff are friendly and seemed happy to do most thing requested without fuss. As I was only here for a night, I didn't check out the pool but the pool looks inviting, particularly when in the Malaysian climate! t would return to this hotel for sure, and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank HTCSydney
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear HTCSydney,
we highly appreciate your recommendation and would like to thank you for all the compliments, nice words and hints for other travelers. Great that you took the time to post this review even if you only stayed for a short time while on transit. If your time permits we hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Imperial and explore the vibrant city of KL.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a work trip and was first time at the Sheraton. Pros are that the hotel is very centrally located so it's a good place to be for work in the city centre. The room I was in was also pretty large, with a huge bathroom (separate bath and large shower) as well as a smaller dressing room/wardrobe). Cons are that the hotel is dated and showing it a bit.

My experience here was just ok - according to the taxi driver, the hotel overlooks a street where there are a lot of bars/clubs, so I could hear the bass vibrating in the room despite being 20+ floors up. When I rang reception to check what the noise was (I thought it might have been from a hotel bar/club), my phone didn't work, and then I was finally told: "well there's no noise here". Good for you lady, but you're working and I'm trying to sleep. The duty manager then called me to tell me I could move to a different room to sleep - obviously not an ideal solution at midnight traipsing around the hotel in my pyjamas! When I asked for earplugs I was told the hotel had none. Given the location of the hotel I'm sure I'm not the first guest to complain about the sound, so if they had the rooms available they should have placed me somewhere else in the first place. Incidentally, my travelling partner had no issues as she was in a room facing a different side.

For business this hotel is fine, though I'll be sure to make sure to ask for a different facing room next time. Unfortunately I don't have a choice of hotels as this is closest to my work, but if I did, my choice wouldn't be to stay here.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't overlook the street full of pubs if you want to avoid noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gin_and_jelly

Dear gin_and_jelly,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and your valuable comments. Please accept our sincere apologies that we failed to allocate a quite room to you for your stay and that your night was disturbed by the noise from the street level and I fully agree that it is very inconvenient to change room in the middle of the night. especially for our business guests we will pay better attention to the mentioned issues and I have already your cons to the team. rest assure we will do our utmost to improve and hope you will consider to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Big clean comfortable room (although might be outdated), right in city centre but traffic is bad when catching cab to nearby for food, the only down side is the hotel swimming pool is more like a deco and not suitable for swim if you are ready for some real exercise...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly T
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Kelly T,
Thank you for your feedback and comments. Unfortunately the pool is designed as a recreational area and does not have olympic measures but is long enough to swim lanes and do exercises if occupancy allows. However, we are certain you enjoyed you stay based on the high rating you gave us and would be pleased if you choose Sheraton Imperial again for your next stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Sheraton Imperial has the most friendly staff and the most relaxing atmosphere imaginable. We came about staying there (in 2012 despite the date on the review) all because our previous choice of hotel was a total disaster!!! So the Sheraton was heaven!! Beautiful comfortable rooms and amazing views and the buffet downstairs is delicious; fresh fish and sashimi and so many choices! I think that was all my husband could talk about! From my point of view it was very out of the way from the hustle and bustle which was excellent but close enough to the twin towers and the big shopping centre, however it still requires a taxi. We loved it there and there are few small pubs behind/to the side of the hotel which doesn't take off till late but its a nice quiet place to hang in the evenings for a drink. We are heading back in 3 weeks and we can't wait!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear couple MEYDX,
Greetings from heaven and your preferred hotel in KL. Thank you very much for all the compliments and nice words in regards to our team and our food offerings. With pleasure we take note that we have been able to deliver a true experience and look forward to welcome you back again.
Best regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I just spent 4 days at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay. The location is convenient to the major attractions, and there is a Monorail stop outside the front entrance which is a plus. The public areas of the hotel are all very clean, and the lobby is a wonderful beginning to a stay here. Check-in was courteous and efficient.
Our room was of a standard expected at Sheraton and was nicely furnished, clean, quiet and had a nice city view.
We ate breakfast at the hotel as this was included in our rate. The breakfast buffet offered a great variety and for the most part the dishes were hot which can be a problem with some buffet breakfasts. The restaurant was incredibly busy at breakfast and it seemed the staff were not particularly interested. It was one of the only hotels of this standard I can think of where we were shown to a table and not offered tea or coffee when we sat down. We actually had to repeatedly request for coffee and getting refill was even harder. The quality of the food did make up for this someway, but for someone who can’t function without coffee first thing it was a little annoying.
The pool area was a nice place to relax and spend time.
Overall we had a nice stay at this hotel and would stay again when in KL.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cam H

Dear couple Cam H,
We carefully reviewed your valuable comments and feedback and would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. I do share your concerns. Sincere apologies that the breakfast team did not pay attention to your morning coffee due to the high occupancy that day and I have addressed this already to all involved to make sure we improve and pay better attention to these details as the breakfast is without doubt one of the most important meal period of the day. Thank you again for bringing these issue to our attention and I assure you our utmost attention to avoid similar shortcomings in our service immediately. Great to read that you will stay again at Sheraton Imperial and we all look forward to your next stay to relax at the pool and enjoy our culinary offers.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for a stopover in KL. It comes with the usual high quality in Service and equipment, Sheraton Hotels offer. However, the establishment is quite out-dated. The location of the hotel is not central (to the center or the KLCC) so you either have to take a taxi or use public transport. Bars and restaurants that are mentioned to be close to the hotel were very rare, most of them were shut down. My conclusion is that the hotel is good for business trips but for toourists staying a short time, there are alternative options closer to the KLCC.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Watersportsfun
stephan_sieberg, General Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear couple Watersprotsfun,
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments and we are glad that you enjoyed the usual high quality standard of Sheraton. Allow me to recommend our Starwood sister hotel The Westin KL which is located close to more attractions and night life and is a good alternative if you only have limited time for shopping or sightseeing. Yes, KL is a vibrant big city and traffic is like in any other capital a challenge but taxi fare and public transport is always available and relatively cheap. Would be our pleasure if you consider Starwood as your preferred travel partner in the future again and hope you will have the opportunity to visit Malaysia again in the not so far future.
Greetings from KL to Munich and best regards