“Great Hotel”

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #27 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 4 July 2009

This is a great hotel. The service is wonderful, one of the best in KL. The rooms are great. Breakfast is tasty. Staff are very attentive to your needs and friendly at the same time. I've been to all the KL hotels and I would rate this as the best based purely on the product alone. Location is good, not great ( would have preferred a little closer to KLCC) but only 20 minute walk or 5 min ride to the center. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 July 2009

I tried quite a few 5 stars hotels in KL and Sheraton is so far the best!
I like their big room with walk-in wardrobe where I can keep my luggage out of sight. I guess my only complaint is that the car park is chargable even for hotel guests. Overall I would definitely stay in Sheraton again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2009

What more can you say when you walk into the room with your family and everybody feels like it's home!

The staff at the club lounge remembers all our names and even our preferences (i.e. Hot Chocolate instead of coffee/tea).

My wife & kids are so familiar & comfortable staying there. It's really a home away from home!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Stayed 3N in the Club Room on the 38th flr. View was great, though no Petronas Towers in sight this time (we stayed at a hotel in KLCC the previous trip) from our room, we could see a couple of fireworks displays on a Saturday night, which was a lovely surprise. Not quite used to the location of this hotel, but the access to the monorail (Medan Tuanku) was a couple of mins walk. Plenty of taxis on standby. Staff (esp the main entrance & security) are friendly and helpful. Amazing choice for breakfast at the Essence and we also liked the Club Lounge for its quality and cosiness. Had Italian dinner at Villa Danieli, which was reasonable ; restaurant setting is beautiful. Spa at the Mandara Spa was okay (tried the Spa Sampler) and our kid loved the pool. Room was well equipped ; bed was comfortable and the bathroom was wonderful & spacious. Took advantage of the 2N + free 1N SPG promotion, so it was overall very good value. We enjoyed this Sheranton and KL continues to be very attractive with a lot to keep you coming back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Bishan
Reviewed 17 June 2009

It was my wife's birthday so we decided to go for a short trip to celebrate her birthday. We booked the Suite as it is simply irresistible. Just nice SPG is having a promotion buy 2 get 1 night free!

Check-in and out is a breeze. No complains about that. I'm extremely glad to see a staff, sorry I forgot her name after I check-in to my room, she came up and asked if everything is okay and do we need anything. This is really what I call delighting the customer always! The unexpected joy the staff had put a smile on us.

The living room is HUGE and come with a LCD TV. All glasses and fridge are well equipped. The bed is extremely comfortable. Till now, my wife is still thinking of going back again.

Carpet is clean as well. One thing that I like to highlight, the bathroom which is simply SWEET. Kudos to the designer. The bath area come with a lifted ground that prevent water from splashing waters all over the place. I have been to a number of high end hotel and none really look into this carefully. There's 2 shower head as well which is a plus as well.

We had our breakfast and dinner in the hotel. Simply great but will love to have more variety. I'm sure Sheraton can come up with something that can match Shangri-la lemon grass.

If there is one thing that stop me from coming back is the ridiculous internet charges! Why can't Sheraton provides free internet access to all the guests!

If the management ever read here, you should start to ponder. Everything is good but no internet access?

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrAnarchy
meshg4, Communication Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2009

Dear DrAnarchy,
We are glad that you have picked Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur for your short stay and thank you for sharing your recent stay experience in Tripadvisor.

In regards to Internet charges, we are delighted to annouce that we have launched Link@Sheraton at the hotel lobby. So customers can now enjoy complimentary Internet for business or leisure activities. You now even print boarding passes using our WiFi services and get connected to social network sites, like facebook, tripadvisor, twitter, etc. Additional to this, the TV area comes with Xbox console and satellite channels.

Again thanks for your feedback and Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur looking forward to welcome you back again for your next stay to experience Link@Sheraton.

Reviewed 17 June 2009

Quick trip for work and the hotel was good but I would not say great.

Good:
Easy to spot staff in arrivals hall of KLIA.
Efficient transfer from Airport at a reasonable rate (shared van with colleagues). Remember that it's a long way into the city even on good traffic days (at least an hour)
Comfortable bed - not too hard like most hotel beds in Asia
Room service - Had the Club sandwich with fries
Position next to restaurants - just walk next door
On time pick up from office (i.e. not the hotel) back to airport
Room rate - Corp but better than others in KL

Not so great:
Rooms not ready at check-in even though we arrived after 4pm. Had to wait 10-15 mins even though rooms were 'ready' but they needed to be 'checked'
Took forever to get a drink whilst waiting for room to be ready, this after asking 4 persons before someone could finally help with an order

Overall good and I'd stay again but certainly did not feel luxurious if that's what you are after

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I think this hotel is over-rated. The service is so-so and the breakfast spread is woeful. The worst part of it is the billing system. They double-charged me on my stay and wanted to over-charge on a quick check-out which I stupidly agreed to because they were taking far too long at check out. People assumes hotels cannot make mistakes on billing or at least quickly rectifies them if identified. A hotel which makes mistakes on billing and yet cannot rectify the mistake after a month cannot be trusted not to make the same mistake again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business