“Excellent Stay would stay here again and again”

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #27 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Stay would stay here again and again”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We stay here for 3 nights in January 2011. Here is my honest review:

Good:
Service is top rate - speedy and polite all the time, attention to detail, ring reception and within 3-5 min it will be in the room if not faster
Check-in - speedy and got free extra bed for my 7 y.o. daughter at check-in was nice even though we did not ask for it.
Bed - excellent comfortable king size bed, slept like a baby.
Room - excellent, huge 46sqm. Also as a preferred starwood member, also got the preferred guest level, with 6 bottle of water instead of 2 normally. However, we forgot to take it with us most days.
Small gestures - free croissants and coffee at reception before 10:30. We only used it once but
Food - excellent food, the beef noodle soup and Nasi Goreng was one of the best I've had.
Cocktail Drinks - excellent and good live performance too

Cons:
Still charge for internet service, very strange
Only 16 channels or so on TV, and not 1 kids channel, quite a disappointment for the daughter. In Asia, 40 channels should be the min.
Booking staff: we were going to stay on the executive level, but they wanted to charge us unreasonable amount for the daughter (I think it was MYR150+service charge/day) for the use of the club facility with free evening cocktails, finger food. As if she will drink any thing but juice. Deal breaker there. Was doubting whether I want to stay here until I got there.
Location - away from bukit bitang, but only short monorail ride away.

Overall, good price and room and food so would come back again and again if in KL.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank linfjy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Brilliant Sheraton as always. Great room, service and comfort. Stayed at clubroom floor and really appreciated the 6 pieces of complimentary laundry. Overall great experience...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Fredrik-Lundqvist
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend for four days - got an internet deal on a lovely deluxe room. Gorgeous room and very comfortable. Never heard any noise from other guests on our floor, even though we were close to the elevators. Everything was spotless.

The spa was lovely - I had a pedicure from one of the girls who was very sweet. The fitness room is great and has everything you need. We didn't pay extra for internet in the room, and were very happy to use the complimentary internet centre in the lobby. It was super fast and not inconvenient at all. I even took down my work laptop and plugged it in to access my office server with no trouble and was able to call using Skype with no problem.

Breakfast was included in our package and we ate to our hearts content. Be careful of serving yourself more than you can possibly eat, as happened to me on the first day. The coffee was great (double americano for me) and all the choices of food and fresh fruit and juices, fresh baked croissants and pastries, made to order omelettes, east Indian and Malaysian food and even an Asian noodle bar made it hard to choose each morning.

I didn't try the food at the other restaurant by the pool. The pool itself is ok, not the biggest nor prettiest pool I have seen in terms of layout. It is surrounded by lush vegetation and is more geared toward everyone keeping to themselves, which I didn't care for, but if you are on a honeymoon you may prefer it that way.

The staff are amazing. I had to wait for a package and they received it for me even though I had checked out a week earlier. On the day I picked up the package I was flying out of KL and the concierge saw that I was hot and sweaty from running around town and offered me use of the spa for a quick shower before leaving for the airport. He even took me up to the spa and spoke with the girls to let them know I was coming by later, and I wasn't even a guest any more! What more can I say. This hotel knows customer service and cleanliness and class.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Visited the Sheraton for my honeymoon and had a great time. The hotel is conveniently located near monorail to get to other places near City centre.

Treated my partner to the Mandara Spa which was a delight, the massage and the staff were very friendly.

The hotel room was spacious and the bathroom was well designed.

In general, what you would expect from a 5 star but the Spa, Restaurant and the Outdoor Swimming pool at a different touch to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Stayed for just one night but left an indelible impression of how a hotel should operate. We arrived at 9.30 a.m., well before checkin of 3 pm, and the staff had a Petronas Towers view-room ready within half an hour. Convenient to the monorail and all local attractions. Beautifully appointed rooms and friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Stayed in Club room 3627 from 29 Dec 2010-1 Jan 2011.Reached in Kl in the morning by coach from singapore and able to check in at the Club Lounge swiftly.Staff are cool and service was great

Room is great and in par with 5 stars.Food in Essence Restaurant is cool and variety.

Recommended to other traveller but abit far from the main venue like Bt Bintang and KLCC.Neverthless there is shuttle service and LRT to these places which are within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2010
New York
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I had a great stay at the Sheraton KL when I visited in Dec. Although they put me in a small corner room when I first checked in, they were happy to move me when I complained, and the new room was quite large and comfortable. The gym was decent though nothing to get excited over. Mostly I was pleasantly surprised by the location. After reading a lot of reviews on this site I had been expecting to be in the middle of nowhere, but actually the Sheraton is next to a great set of bars/restaurants called Asian Heritage Row that are pretty active at night, and is much closer to the colonial and lake district attractions than the KLCC hotels and the Westin. Plus being so close to the MRT was a bonus as you were seconds away from the main shopping district. I passed by the Westin in the center of all the malls and I definitely prefer the Sheraton location.

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo