“Beautiful Experiance”

Ranked #29 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Colombo
“Beautiful Experiance”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Food is something i will start first, it was excellent!! i would even go back just for that. I stayed almost a week and my whole experience of Kuala Lumpur was just beautiful thanks to westin experience. I had a excellent view and the location was perfect. Perfect for Family vacation or couples. Business travel also recommended. Great wine selection and staff service is exceptional.

Room Tip: Best with the view of twin towers
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HratchKhatchanian, Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Greetings travel_liveit

We thank you for your support and appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel - delighted to hear you had a great stay and you had a fantastic dining experience. Kudos to the Culinary team. You have given me great joy to share your compliments with the team.

Please come back again whenever you return to Kuala Lumpur.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am a lifetime SPG gold member, and I have been to many Westin Hotels around the world. This one has a great location, right next to Bukit Bintang's shopping mecca and a 5 minute walk to food lovers Jalan Alor street. Hower. There is construction all around for the next couple of years as they are buiding the underground MRT. There is no noise, but walking around is difficult and cars are stuck in permanent congestion. We had booked a connecting room with tower view. Even though we were on the 30th floor (out of 35), our rooms only had view of one of the twin towers, and only from the middle up, because of surrounding buildings. It was a very partial view... Surprisingly, I found the rooms to be a little tired, with stains on the carpet, marks on the walls, a window that was not sealed tight, plumbing and phone issues... The staff was really nice though with lots of services in the lobby. The highlight was definitely the breakfast. Tons of choice, great quality, especially with the bakey at athe back and a great atmosphere. Unlike all (most?) other Starwood hotels, this one does not let the SPG gold members access the Club Lounge if you do not have a Club Room... Very disappointing. Overall, we had a great stay. I do not know other KL hotels, but it is known to offer a lot at very reasonable prices. I would check it out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Martin G
HratchKhatchanian, Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Greetings Martin G

We thank you for your loyalty, support and time in reviewing our hotel - delighted to know we have a great team who provided personal and instinctive services.

With regard to your comment about the room condition, both Housekeeping and Engineering departments are currently working on some room maintenance projects and we hope to complete this as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies.

Once again, we appreciate your feedbacks and look forward to your return soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have just returned from a 5 night night stay at The Westin. Once again had a wonderful time. ALL the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Visited the gym twice and the lovely Veronica was more than helpful. Breakfasts are just to die for, so much food and an endless variety. The rooms are spacious and housekeeping staff do a great job.
I shall return yet again. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. I stayed from the 28th July until the 2nd August 2014 in room 1801.

Room Tip: Deluxe city view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
HratchKhatchanian, Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Greetings Cynthia C

We thank you for your trust, loyalty and support and truly appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. You have given me great pleasure to share your positive comments with the team - thank you.

My team and I look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Superb hotel with excellent service as usuals when it comes to the Westin hotels.

Shopaholics beware! Hotel is located right behind the new Pavilion shopping mall where you get to savour the best ribs from Tony Roma's and shop till you drop with the various international brands Forever 21, Victorias Secret, Longchamp, Guess... Etc

A short walk to the famous Bukit Bintang shops which holds Sephora Uniqlo H&M Zara and etc don't go too far down as the other side of Bukit Bintang transformed to what I thought or seems like sleazy massage parlours which I don't recommend to bring your Kids ard.

Apart from that... If you have hunger pangs in the middle of the night, there's this row of coffee shops.. You need to go to the back of the hotel and walk along the road... I am sure the concierge or the valet will be able to tell you. At 3am in the morning, we had Fried Rice... It's super good and spicy! We had beef burger and Tom Yam Soup! All of that cost AUD 6.. Including soft drinks!

Although I must say there should be traffic lights near the hotel for pedestrian to get to pavilion... running across the busy road to get to the Pavilion is a chore! Busy road and fast lanes!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings Anathyst

We thank you for staying with us and your time in reviewing our hotel - happy to know all of you had a great stay.

Please come back again whenever you return to Kuala Lumpur. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is second stay in 1 year period. Came with a bigger group this time with 5 adults and 2 kids. We booked 2 bedroom residences, and we were absolutely satisfied with the services through out our stay.

Room was clean and big enough to occupied all of us. It decorates nicely with separate living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and fully equipped kitchen.

We also upgraded our stay to access club lounge. It is pretty worth it because we are using it all the time. High tea and evening snack could be a quick supper.

Location is fantastic with only several walks to shopping mall, shops, cafés and everything else.

I will definitely stay here again if i come to KL, but maybe i hope more flexible rate will be available, especially for the residences.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Greetings RonaldHalim

We thank you for your support and truly appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel - so happy to know all of you had a great stay experience but most importantly our services and facilities met with your expectations.

All of us here look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this wonderfully located hotel for 1 night with a party of 12 people.  I have Starwood gold status & was very impressed with the service.  We were greeted at the door & our 4 room keys were ready by the time we got to the counter.

The rooms were very comfortable with large bathroom & a separate toilet.

The hotel staff realized it was my dads birthday & delivered a beautiful cake to their room which was very much appreciated.  We used the kids club for a few hours  which was also great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Springvalepharm
HratchKhatchanian, Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Greetings Springvalepharm

We thank you for your support and great feedbacks. You have given me great joy to share your compliments with the team.

All of us here look forward to welcoming you back whenever you return to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a one-bedroom residence suite at the Westin for a week-long stay with family. We were looking for additional space as a priority and felt this would suit our needs. In a metropolitan city like KL room space is a rare commodity. Luckily, we were pleasantly surprised by the set up at the Westin. The residence suite is located in another wing of the hotel which can be accessed by separate entry and lift (though you can enter and exit via the main hotel's lobby). It was spacious and set up like a self-contained apartment. They don't give you a room layout when you make the booking, which I think is a real shame, as it would be a real selling point on this type of accommodation. Yes, they do list some of the facilities within the room, but sometimes you can't really know for sure how it all comes together. To give you an idea, when my mother walked in, the first thing she said was "I could see myself living in an apartment like this".

So, the layout... when you enter the residence we were given, the equipped kitchen was on the left with a couple of bar stools to sit along the kitchen counter top. The stove top had two electric hobs that worked, but were a little temperamental. The kitchen was stocked with cutlery, crockery and various kitchen utensils and cookware. There was a full size fridge and a small fitted microwave. No dishwasher and although there was a dishrack they don't seem to provide washing up liquid. I thought this was a great way of telling us "we don't expect you to do the dishes, just leave it for housekeeping", which we did, daily!

Walking further into the room, the living space is directly in front of you (just after the kitchen area). There was a three seater and a one seater couch, coffee table and entertainment unit with flatscreenn TV, DVD player and various remotes.

Just beyond the living area are two additional spaces. The first, beyond a sliding door, is an additional dining area. It was furnished with a small table and a couple of chairs. The best part is the floor to ceiling windows that look out onto a view. Throughout our stay we used this space to enjoy our coffees and to take some quiet time away when needed. The other space, behind two doors again off from the living area, is a small study/office area. We used this as an additional wardrobe/change area but could be quite a useful space if you were to stay in KL on a work assignment for a longer period.

The main bedroom was very spacious and had built in robes as well as an extended space for a large one seater couch and desk area. The ensuite is equipped with all the mod cons and had both a bathtub and shower cubicle. We loved the bed which was just as good as the Mandarin Oriental's bed, which I've come to adore.

We came to enjoy some touristy things around KL as well as to eat, shop and relax around the hotel. The location in Bukit Bintang was excellent for what we required. It's very accessible to eating places, shopping and nightlife. Surprisingly quiet for a good night's sleep where our room was located, though I did make this request (for a higher floor and quiet) when I booked.

KL is going though tough times and it's apparent in the lack of tourists compared to when I visited in December last year. We had a few incidents with taxi drivers trying to con us out of a few extra ringgit by driving us the long way to a few places. Not great for attracting back tourists to a country that is currently battling with it's image and airline.

So, back to the hotel side of things... the staff were efficient and friendly. However, they didn't make it outstanding. I've stayed in hotels where the service exceeds expectations and it isn't always in 5 star hotels. This time, I particularly found the pool/bar staff to be well trained. They were attentive without being intrusive.

I used the pool daily. It wasn't a very big pool nor very deep, but it's decent enough for a few gentle laps in the morning or afternoon. I almost took one of their workout classes, which looked enjoyable. FYI, you receive a timetable of the classes on check in.

One gripe is there is no complimentary wifi in the room. It still baffles me, in any cosmopolitan city, how free wifi is not complimentary, particularly in expensive hotels. But, hey ho. There was complimentary wifi in the lobby area as well as the pool/bar area. You can imagine we spent a lot of time there for email, social networking and access to the internet. The coverage was excellent, and both spaces were spacious and relaxed, so it made up for having to go there a few times a day.

Housekeeping was also excellent. They kept us well stocked with complimentary bottles of water, bathroom amenities and various requests. They also cleaned our room immaculately, including washing our dishes every day! Be sure to leave a good tip if you've had good service!

We tried some of the restaurants and our pick of them was actually Five Sen5es for dim sum lunch. There was a 50% discount on the dim sum buffet during our stay which we made the most of. If you're interested in dim sum with a modern twist, then this was very enjoyable. Go there on an empty stomach with plenty of time to meander through the dim sum menu.

Travel to and from the airport - I would advise using the KLIA Express train and then a taxi from KL Sentral. It's fast, efficient, and economical. If you're traveling with more than 2 people and have more luggage then you may find taxis more economical and comfortable, but travel on the KLIA express is a breeze. I arrived quite late after 10pm and traveling as a single female at around 11pm was ok.

Thanks Westin for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chiine
Greetings chiine

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to show you the Westin hospitality and truly appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel - extremely delighted to hear all of you had a great stay experience.