“The best in KL”

Ranked #29 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sydney, Australia
“The best in KL”
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed for 4 nights last week (17-21 June) and was pleased to discover the high standards remain at this property where i have stayed several times in the past.
On check-in at 8.30am I was pleased to be granted early access to my room and was able to enjoy refreshments whilst waiting for my room to be made ready. The staff also arranged for my friends visiting me from SGP to have an adjoining room - Particular mention must go to Charles Liew who always looks after me.
The hotel provides excellence in genuinely attentive and friendly customer service, as well as great security.
The breakfast buffet is definitely the most amazing spread of choices I have encountered anywhere - we literally spent 2 hours there on a Sunday morning grazing! - and the layout and ambience means its a very comfortable experience.
Location-wise the hotel is perfect - directly across from the Pavilion mall and walking distance to Suria KLCC and the other nearby malls and restaurants.
I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank GaryinSydney
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 5 July 2010
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you very much for staying with us and delighted to hear you had a fantastic experience.

Yes, I have to agree with you that our buffet breakfast is superb. It is our signature breakfast incorporating Superfoods. Glad you enjoyed it.

Charles is no longer with The Westin. He has taken a new role (promotion for him) in another Starwood property in China.

Once again, thank you for the great feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Kim Powley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
KL
Reviewed 27 June 2010

This hotel delivers everything expected of it, but i do wish it could do a bit more.

Upon checking in, as an SPG Gold member, I was offered a paid-for upgrade to the Executive floor. As such upgrades were meant to paid for, there was no complimentary upgrade. I was offered SPG Gold benefits, albeit on a matter-of-fact manner: I was given a card stating I could choose between fruits, chocolates etc.

The room was good, and as expected. The bed, as commented by others, was softer than expected, but was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for your support and appreciate you sharing your experience. We would like to clarify that Gold Members are upgraded to our SPG enhanced floor only unlike Platinum Members who get an upgrade to a Suite subject to availability. The associate who checked you in should have shared this with you. We apologize for the lack of communication.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Lebanon
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We have been to the westin KL in Feb 2010 for 5 nights. We have stayed in the executive residence part. The suite was great, large bedroom, large living room with balcony and small kitchinette and a large bathroom with great toiletries,
Room service was great, best room service and food quality ever, the way the food is presented in the room is very special,
Internet is expensive but with high speed
the kids club is average
the pool is great
Very good location
Restaurants are also of top quality.
Staff gave special attention to my little daughter and it was so kind from them

will surely choose Westin if we go to KL again

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 27 June 2010
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear our services and facilities met with your expectations and all of you had a fantastic stay.

Do stay with us again should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur. All of us here look forward to your visit.

India

Westin Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Having frequented a Westins before in Singapore I thought try the same here, what a mistake no where near what I experienced in Singapore. Reception desk were not accomodating, Paint and wallpaper was hanging off the walls in the room , blood on the bed sheets, asked for a room change which was given eventually,
I will say food in restaurant was very good, but thats about all really disappointed.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you staying with us and appreciate you sharing your experience. Please accept our apologies for not attending to your needs professionally and promptly.

We understand that your impression about us has been marred but we sincerely hope you would give us an opportunity to make amends and let us welcome you back.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I have stayed at this property several times simply because of its excellent location. This time however I fell terribly sick and requested for help from the hotel reception and then the manager on duty. They were very unconcerned. Nobody enquired about what was wrong and how they could help. Just quoted company rules and absolutely no empathy. My friends in kl came to assist.

I understand they have rules to follow ,but all that is expected is concern, a call to check if I was ok. Room service food was terribly delayed and mediocre quality.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I travelled with hubby and 2kids, 3 and 7. Was deciding between Ritz and Westin and I'm glad I chose the latter. Convenience is critical to me as I have 2young kids and Westin is a shorter walk to Pavilion (just directly opp). The breakfast spread was really as good as what many had commented, excellent choices for both adults and kids, mine love the watermelon jelly and hot chocolate! I was impressed with the free iced-tea served at the lobby, very nice touch. It rained on one of the evenings, and the staff offered to lend us two huge umbrellas when we wanted to go out for dinner, thanks. I took the recharge package and its price was not cheap as compared to others, but I really enjoyed my stay. Will be back again if I get the chance!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank crabcrabby
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for staying with us and delighted to hear you have made the right decision.

The iced tea served at the lobby is called Elixir, which is our welcome drink - fresh fruit infused in water without any sugar added.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Best wishes

Tabanan - Bali
Reviewed 11 June 2010

The hotel were amazing with is location just in the centre of Kuala Lumpur. We can see clearly the view from the executive lounge club at 33rd floor which we stay at executive room a honourable from our best friend.

Great service of the staff and perfect place to stay. With LCD TV at the room and nice situation make us want to come back again once a time later.

Breakfast are manifold and also the tea time in the afternoon which make us feel so relaxing.

The only thing is the internet in the room we see that were a charge which at the other hotel with 4 - 5 star they give free wife internet at the room.

Thank you for great service and nice experience with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
KimPowley-TWKL, General Manager at The Westin Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Warm greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur.

We thank you for sharing your experience. Good to hear you had a memorable stay but most importantly our associates provided personal, instinctive and professional services. You gave me great pleasure in sharing your compliments with my team.

Yes, I must agree with you that we have a magnificient buffet breakfast. In fact it is our signature breakfast incorporating SuperFoods. Glad to hear you enjoyed the spread.

Once again thank you for your feedback and support. My team and I look forward to your next visit.