“The Best!!!”
Review of Swiss-Garden Hotel

Swiss-Garden Hotel
Ranked #91 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Sorry for the late review i just sign up for tripadvisor, i really wanna do this because this hotel is one of the best hotel that we stayed. Me and my Hubby tour KL way back last year of 2013 Feb. However we made a mistake on booking a hotel, we checked out from that hotel and go to Swiss Garden since its just near by. The manager who is in charge on that time assisted us with out any hesitations, he even asked what happened to us with concern. Well anyways after the night mare that we experienced this hotel changed everything. We continue our remaining three days at this hotel. The room superrr!!!! nice bed!!! and the bath room superrr romantic!!!! we enjoy the bath thub and the best also is the break fast. you can have everything in one stop break fast that will help you keep up the day. Its also nearby convenient store and also the Bintang walk at night if you want to look for some variety of food. Also nearby the train station that will make your transfers at ease. Well over all we enjoy our stay here and we will surely stay here again when we come back in KL!

Room Tip: Make sure you try their amenities and the pool we havent checked it but sure we will do it next time...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
SGHRKL_Latib, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Ms Biaaattcccchhhh B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us. It was a true pleasure to have you with us & thank you for your kind review regarding our manager.

Once again, thank you for your kind review & we certainly hope that you will grace us with your kind presence once again.

Abdul Latib Bin Omar,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Don't trust the picture provided in their official website.

The swimming pool is just nice for kid - more of a kid wading pool than a proper swimming pool.

The location is quite convenient - near to the Chinatown and famous Jalan Alor and Golden Triangle of KL.

We was given an upgrade to the executive room but the lighting is very dim, as the wardrobe light are faulty and having problem to use the electronic safe provide as we need to use our handphone to see the number.

No provision of daily newspaper and when request, was told they had run out of paper at 9 am in the morning.

Room Tip: If you has a choice stay at other hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
rahman2, General Manager at Swiss-Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur. I regret to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with our room lighting condition.

As for the hotel location, we are very fortunate to be at one of the most strategic locations.

Once again, thank you & I hope that you will give us another opportunity by gracing us with your kind presence once again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because it was near the hotel which my in-laws were staying - Ancasa express. And we needed a hotel with car park facilities. I stayed here before and was quite pleased with the hotel but this second experience has disappointed me. One thing that we were happy with was the fact that we were able to get my room earlier as requested when I booked the hotel. We arrived at 10am and was given a room by 10.30 am. Kudos to the guy who served us. Room was ok though the fridge had a weird smell. We had to call for housekeeping as there was no towel in the bathroom. We were told that they will have the towels sent in a while. We ordered lunch and still no towel sent. My husband called and requested for towels again. Same answer given. We waited until we fell asleep and yet, no towels sent. We had waited from 12pm to 4pm. The 3rd time my husband called the housekeeping, they informed us that towels will be sent soon as they needed some time to send the towels (to which my husband told the guy that they needed 4hrs to send a pair of towels!). 15 minutes later, the towels were sent without any apology. We were quite frustrated by then.

The second incident happened when we checked out from the hotel. As I returned the cards, I checked with the guy at the counter regarding complimentary parking. He just nodded and said yes. No other explanation or advice given regarding the matter. When we were about to leave the car park, imagine the horror when we were told that if we did not have the stamp from the hotel, we wld have to pay RM 120 (hotel guests need to pay RM10 only)! I had to climb up the stairs and get a stamp from the same guy (who didn't look apologetic when I told him I needed the stamp else I have to pay that ridiculous amt!!)

My husband and I are not the kind of people who like to complain for every little things. We try to be reasonable and accommodating. But these 2 incidents are just not the small matters that we can just forget.

We told ourselves that we are never going to stay in this hotel again. We do hope that for the benefit and convenience of the other guests, Swiss Garden hotel will improve in future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maryhelmi

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur. I regret to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with our staff.

We will investigate the issues highlighted & make sure to train our staff so that they will be more efficient in responding to our guests' needs/requirements.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

It is with a heavy heart that I had to write this review. This hotel was recommended by my best friend. I had no issues with the hotel the first time I stayed in October 2013. Everything was great and smooth. However, I stayed at this hotel again the second time this month (for 2 nights), and was totally disappointed with the service level.

Front desk officers were very unfriendly. I had to start the conversation to inquire on my booking, while they were busy with their computers, without any small greeting or warmth or smile.
(Day 1) After settling down for a few minutes, I called the front office/room service for prayer mats and 1 extra pillow. No one came. 1 hour later, I asked again. To my dismay, no one showed up. So I left the hotel to explore KL. Came back in the evening, reminded the front desk officer on my requests, he acknowledged. Waited and waited, nobody showed up. I was furious.

(Day 2) Breakfast was good, albeit repetitive. After a long day, returned to hotel in the evening, and ordered room service. It came within 30 minutes, with 1 pair of fork and spoon (there were 3 plates). Called room service again, asked for 2 more sets of utensils. And as I expected, no one came to send the utensils. Completely absurd. I had to use the same utensil for the other dishes; my family members were inconvenienced due to this.

In conclusion, I will say that I am not returning to this hotel again. It is such a disgrace for a 4 star hotel to display such low standards in service. I had such high hopes, praising the hotel for its wonderful ambience and clean rooms, but with terrible service it does not add up.

Room Tip: High room, non smoking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We regret to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience with our staff.

I am saddened to hear that your requests & complaints were not attended to although I wish to say that our staffs' behaviour do not reflect our commitment to providing the best service possible. Thanks to your constructive comments, I will investigate further and we will run through the work processes and rest assured that we will train our staff to better attend to guests' requests/complaints and we will also enforce the standard set accordingly.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We were with two other couples and asked if they had rooms on same floor. We given smoking rooms on one of the lower floors even though we had requested non smoking rooms.. The rooms given were so smelly from the smoke it gave us a headache plus one of the rooms had everything peeling and cracked. We went downstairs and asked for non smoking rooms as requested and they advised they didn't have three on one floor available. That was ok, they should have just told us that in first place. The staff changed our rooms without any hassle. We were givenr rooms on 12 and 13th floors and were large with comfortable beds, There was a desk and chair and a little coffee table with a sitting chair. Unfortunately, the housekeeping didn't live up to the great service given by reception and the restaurant. Four out of our seven days, we didn't get a bathmat or handtowels. When I phoned housekeeping my request for the items was ignored. I ended up having to complain at reception for any action to be taken. The free breakfast was fantastic. Buffet with lots of choices. On weekends the restaurant has a High Tea (known as High Thai) which was fantastic. Foods were replenished as soon as they got low and there was no rush to move you on. If you are over 60 you get it for half price. The pool was small but there is no reason why you can't use the pool at the residences (accessible by walkway on 1 level). We used the laundry at the residences as well. We would definitely stay here again.
'

Room Tip: Take a non smoking room on one of the higher floors if you are not a smoker.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur. I regret to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with our room condition.

We will investigate the issues highlighted to ensure that our rooms condition will improve drastically & make sure to train our staff so that they will be more efficient in providing for our guests' needs & requirements.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. Room was ok, bed was comfortable. This is my second time staying there. Location was a bit off , not close to times square, around 10 to 15 minutes walk. Nearby not much shops, except time square which is further away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments with other Tripadvisor users about your recent stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We hope that you will grace us with your kind presence once again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

First of all, rooms are fantastic, big and very well maintained. Secondly, breakfast is very good too. Swimming pool is very small if anything. Otherwise we had a wonderful time. They offer free shuttle service to tourist location which is worth mentioning.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur. It was a true pleasure to have you with us & thank you for your kind review.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again soon.