“Hotel accommodation & service”

Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang
Ranked #255 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Lousy experience. It be rated as 3 star; other than the beds are clean, the amenities are poorly maintained. When I asked for extra pillows on first night, it wasn't delivered. I asked again the second day, it wasn't delivered too and no follow up from there! The breakfast buffet was lousy, food are cold too and coffee was diluted. The service crew were not proactive in cleaning and clearing the tables until I have to request for their assistance to clear a space for me.
Location was not exactly conducive for families I children. Lots of touting and places look sleazy around this area

6  Thank Jojo0072

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed on several occasions ten days apart and the accommodation varied quite a bit. The first room was fairly spacious and comfortable and overlooked the PETRONAS Towers; the second was cramped, dirty. overlooked a very run down residential complex and had a rather high combined bath/shower which was difficult for me to use without assistance as I had injured my knee. The staff did change the room when this was reported to them. The hotel in general is very dated, shabby and in need of major refurbishment such as wallpaper removal, carpet renewal (there were stains in many places particularly in the hallways). Our bathroom shower leaked and the bathmat was saturated each time we showered. The room which we were moved from also had what appeared to be a rising damp problem in the wall which was suffering from mould as well. On the positive note the beds were extremely comfortable, the pool though small is clean and refreshing, the gym is well-equipped and the location of the hotel is exceptionally good. It is close to a number of shopping malls, the technology/IT gadget mall, a range of affordable restaurants and the monorail. I would rate the location as four star however the hotel and rooms in general are two and a half star.perhaps three star at a stretch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the PETRONAS towers and not looking over the pool at the low income resid...
2  Thank Diana J
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a stop over whilst travelling and was disappointed.

The hotel is in a great location but is over an hour and a half drive from the airport (due to distance and traffic). So perfect if you are staying in the city or have adequate time on a stop over (which I didn't).

The main hotel areas are all clean and my room and bathroom were clean and well presented. Also I loved the view from my window on the 12th floor.

The included breakfast was decent quality with loads of choice and plenty to go around as the numerous staff were constantly refilling everything.

The major let down was with the reception staff. I arrived late and was desperate to check in to my room. I waited patiently and was consistently ignored by the 3-6 members of staff who were behind the desk. They all seemed extremely stressed and this was evidently effecting the level of customer care they were able to give. There appeared to be some sort of technical problem which is out with their control but this should never be taken out on customers. Simply being ignored is always going to cause upset. When I was finally served everything took ages and there were more technical problems. I felt sorry for the stressed out staff but at the same time I think that staff should be able to better cope with the pressures of their job and it shouldn't be made into the paying customers problem. I was made to feel like I was causing them more angst by simply wanting to check in.....

Once I was finally in my room I phoned reception 3 times asking to borrow a few items. I was told they would be brought to my room. Again I waited patiently but the items never materialised so I went out and bought them at 1am. Thank goodness for the great location and close proximity to lots of late night shops!!

Id like to think I was unlucky with reception but won't bother chancing it again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Sarahrabbit30
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Staying there for one night and below is my review:

Pros:
+ Given a free upgrade from Superior to Deluxe room due to unavailability of king size bed for Superior Room. Nice touch.
+ Walking distance to Lowyat Plaza (200m) and Sungei Way Plaza (300m) from the hotel. Considered near even though there are other hotels that even nearer to those places. Near to many restaurants and shops.
+ Nice, comfortable and clean room. Given free 4 bottles of drinking water. Kettle with few coffee and tea are provided.
+ Sejadah (Muslim praying mat) provided with the room.
+ Wide selection of food for breakfast, and taste good as well. Free breakfast given.
+ Parking available for hotel guests and no prior reservation needed. Something that is lacking for other hotels in the same area.
+ Given selections of pillows, from hard to soft. Good for different people with different requirement.
+ Non-smoking room is available.

Cons:
- Wi-Fi is available, but you need the ID and password for each device. Given only one ID & password for room, asked for another ID & password for other device which was duly given.
- Only one dustbin, in toilet. None in the room itself. Normally in other hotels at least 2 dustbins.
- The 'roti canai' served for breakfast should be prepared in minimum and prepared by request to have it fresh. Had a bite on one and felt cold and tough.
- The room comes with either shower or bathroom, not both (this is from what I read from their website). Best to make prior request if you need a bathtub or shower.

Room Tip: Ask for room with bath tub and on higher floor (10 and above). Currently there is a construction nea...
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights and we were quite impressed. The location and proximity to Alor Road (the famous food street at night) is unbeatable and also a 5-10 minute walk from the malls. The housekeeping staff was friendly; they replenished our complimentary bottled water each day. Rooms are kept clean and toiletries are replenished although the carpet by the entrance of the room needs steaming. The buffet breakfast exceeded our expectations as well. They served western and local cuisine. Overall, this hotel is a good value for your buck. We would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is close to the citycenter. The rooms are a bit old but I slept ok. The breakfast is pretty good, western and eastern food available.
We did have a bad experience on our check-out day, the hotel was supposed to give us a wake-up call because we had an early flight. Fortunately I woke up in time because there was no wake-up call!!! Also, they had promised us a breakfast box because of our early check out, but they forgot about that also!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is my first stay at this property. It was called something else when it first opened.
Its location is within the Golden Triangle Shopping area of Kuala Lumpur being within 10 minutes walk from Sungei Wang Plaza, Bukit Bintang Plaza and Lot 10.

The Lobby looks nice and bright.
Reception staff can be indifferent but the staff I got was very pleasant so no complaint from my side.

General areas (such as corridors) could be cleaner and do look a little tired.

My room is fairly large, furniture is modern and light in colour with the bed being more firm than soft.

Bathroom is shower over a bathtub so for the older traveller just be weary that the step into the bathtub to take a shower seems higher than normal.

Overall a nice hotel for this price (I paid around US$80.00 room only) so no complaints from me.

Saw a lot of Aussies staying here so they all must think like me with the price and the location.

Oh one last thing, I got FREE WIFI and when asked how many devices I said three so I got one password for each of my devices at no charge. Good news is the speed was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business