“Good Value”

Royale Chulan Bukit Bintang
Ranked #255 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights here and encountered none of the problems that other reviewers have mentioned. We were given a nice room with a view if the Petronas Towers and the rest of the city. Unfortunately the windows were quite dirty which tended to spoil the view but I put that down to the 2 large building sites opposite the hotel but that is hardly the hotel's fault as they would have to have the windows cleaned every day, no mean feat on a high rise building, to keep them clean. The hotel is very handy to everything especially Jalan Alor , all the pubs and restaurants,the monorail and the shopping plazas. The concierge/s were especially helpful. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank martyvose
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is warm even we put the aircon the lowest temperature it has. The cleaner always take the key card ( given 2 key card when checking in the hotel). The wifi network is extremely slow.... theres a lack of tv channel

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Md R
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked a Superior twin room but was upgraded to a Deluxe room free of charge (Thank you very much for this). The hotel reception staff (especially Ms. Jogmaya) was very friendly and diligent. The hotel also offers you a free welcome drink and this was lovely as well. The best thing about this hotel is that they have their own basement carpark unlike many other star studded hotels around Bukit Bintang that shares the Lowyat plaza carpark, Therefore it is very convenient to park at the hotel carpark and take the lift to the main lobby. By and large, the hotel looked very clean and tidy and well maintained.

NEGATIVES: The AC in our room wasn't working and we called the housekeeping and the reception at least 3 times before a technician came into our room. He apparently changed the settings of the thermostat (which we didnot believe and he pretended to have fixed the issue and my dad, a competent Civil Engineer realized that this was just a bluff). However the room was still freaking hot and now the time was around 1am. We spoke to the Duty Manager to inform this and he said he will get back to us within 10 mins. We waited for 30 mins and called the reception and the reception staff asked us to come down and grab a key for another room and now the time was almost 2am. We asked the Manager why he failed to call and inform this but he was not really keen to reply. Next day we wanted to order some food into the room around 7pm (as I was sick and could not go out to eat) and the restaurant called us back (after calling them for nearly 40 mins) saying that they only have salads and no other food is available.

Overall the hotel is well within the reach of Lowyat plaza, Sungei Wang plaza, BB plaza, Berjaya times Square shopping mall and also Pavillion shopping Mall. There are plently of food choices right around the hotel and the location is just wonderful. However the housekeeping and maintainence of the hotel needs more attention and care for sure. (P.S. - The AC issue is quite common in many hotels in Malaysia and I guess many hotels take this for granted and ignore it to serve their budget which is just terrible).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Cooldemu
Reviewed 6 July 2014

With a name and frontage to denote a good hotel I had expectations. Basically the talk and the experience don't match. New carpets throughout they still smell of smoking and have stains on them, paint job needed in bedrooms. The awful awful compendium said air con was set by the hotel, it lied, eventually I had to set it. The shower wouldn't work, reception said the engineer would see to it, nope! The alarm instructions didn't work. Wifi had to be requested, no information about where breakfast is. I will not return

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank JaneB57
Reviewed 3 July 2014

During my stay earlier this year, I found that this hotel had already swayed away from its rating. I requested non-smoking room and away from the lift, however they said that I never requested. So I had to go to my email confirmation to show them but the receptionist became furious. She said the hotel is fully booked and only left this room which is near to the lift. So i had to take it or leave it. Service was really bad.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
13  Thank Javier L
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I chose this hotel for its central location in KL. I was with my wife, booked a deluxe room and got a room at the 15 th floor. All the amenities are near by and at night you can see the beautiful Twin Tower and KL tower through your window- spectacular view of KL. You can get all types of restaurants and shopping malls just within walking distance. But I found the performance of the staffs were not up to the mark as far as a four star hotel is concerned- specially the house keeping. We left our room at the morning and when came back at evening we found it was not made up. I had to call the house keeping people, their excuse was- ` had been busy'. This hotel actually requires some renovation.

Room Tip: If you want a central place then you may choose this hotel, and if you choose then take a room at th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shahid_11
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I should have listened to my colleagues' advice & avoided this hotel like the plague but I didn't and regretted it now.

First disappointment - I sent an email enquiry via their website. No reply.

Second disappointment - 3 calls to housekeeping to request for bath towels within a time frame of 70 minutes. Nothing! I had to resort to a nasty call to the duty manager before it finally arrived 5 minutes later.

Third disappointment - Jacuzzi with cold water?

Fourth - Towel hanger fell off the wall and dropped on my foot.

Fifth - Bedsheet and pillow with spots of dried blood on them (Nope, they were not mine).

Only 2 plus points - 1. Good location 2. Good water pressure using the showerhead.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family