“Good location for Business travelers”

Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #45 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a 4 night stay with the family, Parking is not a problem as there is location available.
Checking in was relatively easy, Rooms are a bit old fashioned but everything was perfectly maintained and bathroom/room had no faults.
Breakfast spread is a delight to your tastebuds, A+.
Felt a bit out of place considering most of the guests were in formal clothing, highly suggesting the hotel probably aims to serve business travelers.
For those of you looking to get a shopper experience perhaps you might consider another hotel which is closer to the bukit bintang area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KevinSchwarz
LowLaiFun, Manager at Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear KevinSchwarz

Greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for having selected our Hotel as your choice of accommodation during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur.

We are glad that you and your family had enjoyed the perfectly maintained rooms. Your kind feedback means a lot to us as we strive to continually improve our hotel product and services through the years.

Our team is most happy with your wonderful feedback on our A+ breakfast. On your observation on the profile of guests, we are privileged to be centrally located within the business zone, major shopping and touristic attractions. Thus, our guests are made up of both corporates and leisure alike.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Concorde hotel in Kl is the best located hotel, the twin tower, kl tower and the mono-rail station are at walking distance from the hotel. The Pool is excellent and best part is the Kl Hard-rock café in the same premises of the hotel, you can always enjoy the biker view when they are passing bye.
within 10 to 15 mins by cab you can reach most of the shopping place like china-market-Berjaya time square and few more.
The hotel break-fast is excellent, the rooms are big and everything 5-Star plus standards, the live band in the lounge is really good. The staff is always smiling and very helpful.
The hotel is one hrs , drive from the air-port, on the day of departure have to plan carefully .Our flight was in the evening so after check out the luggage was taken care of by the bell desk and we could enjoy another half day in kl.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the twin towers ,nice view in the night and off course the higher floors for be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank anand m
LowLaiFun, Manager at Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear anand m

Warm greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We are most happy that you had a great stay with us and experienced the best located hotel, the excellent breakfast and pool.

We are touched by your very kind 5-star plus rating, sincere and thoughtful review on our always smiling and very helpful staff. Your wonderful compliments will be shared with our team and this will certainly inspire us further in our strive for service excellence.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I used to stay at Concorde hotel (KL) two years ago, This trip I was staying there for 5 days 4 nights. Room was good, hotel near to monorail station (Bukit Nanas) which is only two station away from Bukit Bintang (RM1.20 one way - Lot 10, Pavilion, Alor Street, Sungai Wang etc for shopping and food) and 3 station away from Imbi station (RM1.60 one way - Berjaya Times Square).

You can get taxi easily from the hotel, Hard Rock Restaurant is at the same building with the hotel.

Check-in and check out is fast the only thing really disappointed me was the front desk charged me RM20 for two bottle of Evian water which I did not consumed at all. During the check out, she did ask me did I consume anything from the minibar and I have told her NO. So she print out the bill and get me to signed and paid. I did not check item by items, I just signed and paid. I only notice I was charged for minibar when I back to Singapore and prepare my claim for reimbursement. I am really not happy with the hotel by charging me something that I am not consumed. What else you can do?? I email to the hotel and their response is "front desk will have print out the itemize list to let you check before you singed". I think I have to blame myself for trusting the staff can do a good job and honest.... I admit that is my fault for not checking the bill item by item before signed and paid.

My advise to other tripadvisor - (a lesson learn) don't trust the hotel, check all the items charged before you signed the bill. I don't know is house keeping make a mistake or front desk make a mistake, anyway I am very disappointed with their hotel for charging me the expenses that is am not consumed....

Will you go back to this hotel?? I will think twice... feel like people working there is not honest.

Room Tip: staying at 1625 can view the twin tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Liawht

Greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for having selected our Hotel as your choice of accommodation during your recent business visit to Kuala Lumpur and writing this review.

We are glad that you had enjoyed the good room and central location and sharing your disappointment on the minibar charge. We sincerely apologise for this oversight as such should not have happened.

We take pride in serving our guests and every accommodation experience is important to us, we hope to be given another opportunity to serve you better. Please feel free to email me at laifun@concorde.net, should your business visit brings you back to Kuala Lumpur.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel quite a few times in KL. Its not a bad place at all for a flying visit, its very central in terms of the Petronas Towers and Mall. There is a Metro rail station right outside the front door so getting about is really quite easy indeed. Hard Rock café is in the foyer which is quite a central expat haunt.

Rooms are clean and decently appointed (it underwent a refurb approx. 2 years ago). The 'Premier' side of the hotel affords a little higher standard of room but the standard rooms are good enough.

Food is decent, pool area looks a little dated but its OK.

Overall if its a quick hit and run in KL you're doing then this hotel is perfectly adequate. You could spend a lot more and stay nicer but why bother if you're not spending much time in the hotel??

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rich01974

Dear Rich01974

Greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We are most happy that you had a nice accommodation experience and thank you for your sincere and thoughtful review.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This nice hotel to stay close to twin towers. Break fast is tooooooooooooo good. Hotel room is ok. It didn't have bath tub. Clean hygienic hotel. Staff is very nice and helpful. You will be happy to know tha Michael Jackson stayed in this hotel when he was in malaysia.
Swimming pool is nice and big . Hotel is walking distance from KL CC and twin tower.

In the restaurant music is played by the local band which is nice and relaxing.

Overall great place to say

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear vikaspanditrao

Warm greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We are happy that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your wonderful feedback on our breakfast, clean hygienic hotel, nice and helpful staff is truly inspiring. Such compliments meant a lot and will encourage us to strive further.

We are indeed privileged that the ‘King of Pop’ Michael Jackson was our guest when he performed for a 3-day ‘sold-out’ concert in Kuala Lumpur back in 1996! It was an amazing experience for all of us.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Check in was smooth and the lobby was less crowded. The staff were attentive. A bit noisy but once inside room it was ok. Very huge rooms at affordable rates. Bars and lounges within walking distance. Room service was commendable. Washrooms were a little dirty. Had to ask housekeeping to clean before using it. Quite old building. But worth the price.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear SecretFantasy

Greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for sharing your recent accommodation with us. Your kind feedback on the smooth check-in, attentive staff and commendable room service is most encouraging and will be shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My entire experience in this hotel was just satisfactory. When it came to billing, I was shocked to find that I was billed for a service, which was offered to me as complimentary at the time of check-in. When I asked the staff, they came up with some totally irrelevant response and on top of that accused me of being cheap. The response also had racist overtones. The hostess who checked me out almost ignored me and was talking in Malay language to her colleague, which was clearly like abusing me- easily the worst check-out experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Prasanna S

Dear Prasanna S

Greetings from Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you sharing your recent accommodation experience with us. We are sorry that we had fallen short of our usual service standards and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We are most grateful for your review and view this with deep concern. Your kind feedback will be shared and used as a training platform at our Guest Experience training for improvement.

Mr Prasanna, as guests’ comfort is our top priority, we will be most grateful for another opportunity to serve you better. Please feel free to email me at laifun@concorde.net, if your travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards