“Not bad”
Review of Federal Hotel

Federal Hotel
Ranked #86 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Not a bad hotel to stay in
Average
Wouldn't say must go
But if u do end up here it isn't too bad either
Bed is OK, TV is quite small, Aircon is a bit musky

Location is so so
Service is so so

If u have the money, upgrade and stay somewhere better

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank awwj

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Have stayed elsewhere in KL and often thought the location was good, which it is. Unfortunately that is all that the Federal has going for it. The hotel run down and even though the room was in the Merdeka Wing they sadly forgot to install noise proof glass so we had to put up with a band from restaurant next door playing extremely loud until the wee hours.Our room was on the 6th floor but they band may have well been in the next room it was that loud!! We had just flown from Sydney so were absolutely exhausted. Complained to the female manager on duty the next morning who really couldn't care less. We asked her if she would make things better for our return stay in 2 weeks and she just looked at us. All she did was say sorry once. Pathetic! We cancelled the return booking and stayed at the Parkroyal instead. A much better option with a lovely pool, good staff & amenities and much better breakfast. Avoid this dodgy hotel.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Annette790
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was disappointing as KL is trying to be seen as a very metropolitan city and this hotel has not kept up. The entrance speaks of days gone by and you could really see how magnificent this hotel once was. Also how glamourous it must have been to stay here. The rooms need updating. The sheets are all off colour. The pool towels are like drying yourself with sand paper. We had no hot water for the first day and our toilet didn't flush properly. On the positive side the staff were all excellent and extremely helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kylie D
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here earlier this year. Overall, the service, food and room was great. The only thing that I disliked was probably the receptionist took too long to process the check-in and check-out procedures.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Javier L
Reviewed 29 June 2014

i am staying in this hotel for the last 15 years & this is one of the best hotel of kuala lumpur. everything is awesome here, food, ambiance, location, security etc pool area quite big. parking facility.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mmoinuddin
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the Federal Hotel 2 years ago and liked so much especially the location, the staff and corner rooms with balcony ,that when I was coming to KL last week with 3 other couples I said we have to stay there again.
What a bad start, the check in staff let the hotel down badly with over 20 mins waiting to be checked in, then when it was my turn the man at reception just walk away stood there for another 5 mins and did not come back, my friends and I had just waited an hour in customs at the airport so we did not need this ,so when I got annoyed about the delay I was told to wait and this upset me as I had recommended this hotel to my friends and I was not happy.
We finally had our room key after a 35 mins wait ,I still like the balcony rooms and the staff in the restaurant were great but during the school holidays the reception staff seem to struggle in looking after all of the visitors who are trying to check in.
The key to getting people to return to a hotel is looking after them at the "front door" first impressions are the most important part from our point of view.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KathyRBrisbane
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights in transit on my way to Sri Lanka. I chose the Federal Hotel for the location (Bukit Bintang) and for the pool area, so this hotel suited me perfectly as the location was perfect and the pool area was lovely with many sunbeds to relax in.

I was aware of the issues with noise, so I rang the hotel a few days before and asked for a room higher up, which they were happy to provide.

The hotel is centrally located. The rooms are quite large and clean. The pool area is lovely, although the pool does close strictly at 7pm.

If you can get a bargain then this hotel is definately worth it. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo