US$219
US$206
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$83
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$147
US$138
US$83
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$184
US$177
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$79
US$66
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$95
US$106
US$91
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsrevolving restaurantbukit bintangoldest hotelkontiki restaurantplaza low yatquiet roomstreet foodwalking distancealor streettimes squarecentral locationshopping areabuffet breakfastmonorail stationpetronas towersmerdekapavilion
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Accessibility: It is very easy to access the KL monorail and MRT from here via a less than 5 mins walk. Times Square Shopping Mall is similarly a less than 5 mins walk, Plaza Low Yat (Large shopping mall selling I.T. and mobile related products) is just next to the hotel and Sungei Wang shopping mall is also located very close to the hotel. Therefore, after a tiring day of shopping, I do not need to walk very far to return back to my hotel room while carrying all the items that I have bought.

Modern Room Amenities: The hotel itself is considered old (more than 60 years old), but it had undergone refurbishment to look relatively new and classy. The room I stayed in had access to WiFi, flatscreen TV, ironing facilities as well as a table with switches to control the TV, air-conditioning as well as the lights in the room.

Excellent Security: The lift requires hotel guests to insert their room key card into a panel slot in the lift to be able to access the guest room floors of the hotel as a form of security for the hotel guests. There are security guards patrolling in the hotel as well to ensure the security of the hotel and the guests. Hence, I felt quite safe staying at this hotel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel with a lot of friendly and helpful staff. Whenever I go to KL, I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Neo C
TheFederalKL, General Manager at Federal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Neo C,

Greetings from The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur,

Firstly, thank you for staying with The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur and we are extremely happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our standards have met your expectations. We will definitely share your experience with our team members. Thank you once again and we are most certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur for another enjoyable stay.

Best Regards,
General Manager,
The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed in a room in the Merdeca wing which according to them that it was recently renovated the room itself was ok but the carpet was in a disgusting state I would not walk on it without shoes it was badly stained and filthy'
The reception staff seemed like they could not care less we booked thru Hotels,com for this accommodation and it had a free mini bar I asked at the reception about this and they said even though it was on my paperwork there was no minibar included I got on to Hotels.com about this but they kept asking me to send them a screen shot showing this when all they neede to do was look at my itinerary we were 4 days into a 5 day stay before the hotel said there was a free mini bar.
Breakfast was very basic and most hot dishes were cold.
The staff in the piano bar were very good and helpful'
Upon checking out I had left a coat in the wardrobe we were at the airport when it was discovered we rang the hotel and the receptionist said it was there I asked could she go out and get a taxi to take it to the airport hotel she said the a taxi would not do that
she offered to bring it to me after she had finished as it was on her way home with delivery about 11 oclock but she wanted RM180 I ended up getting in a cab and went back and picked it up myself .
If anyone is going to stay in KL there are better hotels in that price range I personally would not recommend it or stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid there are no redeeming features at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
TheFederalKL, General Manager at Federal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear RoyAustin,

Greetings from The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We apologize very sincerely on the few issue that you have highlighted. Rest assured all issues has been addressed to respective department for better guest experience. Your feedback allows us to make constant improvements to elevate our services to valued guests like you. Once again please accept our most sincere apologies and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards
The Federal Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I know I'm getting old but you would think if you booked a hotel room nearly 4 months in advance you would get what you ordered, this however was NOT the case with our stay at the Federal. Upon arrival we must have had the most unfriendly,and unhelpful person on the reception. We had booked 2 non smoking rooms with doudle beds only to be told they weren't available but we could have smoking rooms, as my wife is asthmatic we refused this option, the only other option was to take one room with si gle beds and the other a double which we took as no other help was forthcoming. This being said, staff the next day did change it to a double. After all the negatives breakfast had a good variety and set in pleasant surrounding. Majority of staff were friendly and most helpful, with special thanks to Terance

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
TheFederalKL, Front Office Manager at Federal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Tom S,

Greetings from The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and observations . Nonetheless, I do wish to apologize for the disappointing on the few issues which you addressed to us that fell short of your expectations and it has been addressed to respective department for better guest experience. We will be more happy if you could give us more details of your booking such as room number , booking details or arrival and check out dates. You may contact me directly at +603 2148 9166 or at rahmat@federal.com.my if you have any quires on the above said matter. Your feedback's allows us to make constant improvements to elevate our services to valued guests like you. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to The Federal Hotel soon.

Regards,
Rahmat Hashim,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Location is great, right in the heart of shopping , food and attractions. Jalan Alor is just the next street away and the major shopping centres just walkable distance away. Have stayed in this hotel in the past so have returned again. However , was disappointed with the room. Not sure if they have renovated rooms but our room was dated; clean and with the amenities but bathroom was looking "old". Plus had a terrible view out of window of another building . Would stay here for the location but for the price, there may be other options.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CrisandShamo
TheFederalKL, General Manager at Federal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear CrisandShamo,

Best Regards
The Federal Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Very dated but still a good place to rest between Petaling Street, Chinatown, 20 min walk, Petronis Towers, 30 min walk and the amazing technology mall right behind. The breakfasts are incredible and for the evenings there is an awesome covered walkway of stairs with quality restaurants and nightlife right beside the hotel. One street up of an evening the entire street turns into an outdoor smorgasbord of every type of food you can imagine in a party atmosphere that is out of this world.

The foyer of the hotel itself is plush and full of grandeur, sadly the rooms themselves, while functional are quite tired. KL is an amazing place with the Bird Sanctuary, fantastic shopping opportunities and some incredible sights to be seen.

It's hot and taxis will often be cheap getting you somewhere and then horrifically expensive getting you back. If walking and seeing the reality of the place is your thing, as it is with us, the KL is a stunning place to stop and the Federal is a good safe economical means of achieving it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
TheFederalKL, General Manager at Federal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Pete D,