“THE WORST EXPERIENCE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL HOTEL!!”

Ranked #88 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

we had booked a double bed deluxe room and when we arrived with a confirmed booking the receptionist tells us only single beds are available.. after a phone call to the manager.. they give us the room we initially booked! then.. they give us a non functioning room in which the shower Heater and AC wasnt working! The maintainance guy comes in and cleans the filter in our bathroom?! enough said. never coming here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
HotelRoyalKL, General Manager at Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Mr/Ms Rosmyj

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the city.

We write to let you know that we greatly appreciate your positive comments on the hotel’s location/ facilities/service level. In addition to our gratitude, your comments will be an encouraging factor that will drive us further to continue working towards a higher and impeccable standard.

The issues highlighted have been addressed with the department heads concerned. We would like to assure you that these misgivings were not the norms and were certainly unintentional. Remedial measures have been taken in order to avoid future recurrence of similar incidents. Nevertheless, we appreciate your comments on our shortcomings as this will be another learning experience for our staffs to better themselves.

Once again we extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur soon.

SAZRUL FADZIL

There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, clean with good bath. Entrance hal is small may need improvement. Location is good. Good shopping centers across the street. Will bock again if go once more to Malaysia. Did not use thier restaurant, as the nearby streets full of nice restaurants.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
HotelRoyalKL, General Manager at Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear NHasani

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the city.

Should you have any future plans to travel back to Kuala Lumpur, we will be delighted to be of service to you once again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my family went to KL last year november, we always choose Hotel Royal as our favourite hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
We reached the hotel by evening time,the doorman was so kind :) He said hello to me and my family .
When we got in , the staff comes and helps us with our bags. WOW !
We booked a small room at first , the staff said all rooms are full , they moced us into a summit room for free ! no extra charges.
the summit room was so spacious and clean, all of us was suprise :)
We need wifi of course, my mum asked one of the malay staff about the wifi, he gave us free wifi for 4 days .

best stay <3

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaun W

Dear Mr Shaun W

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the city.

We write to let you know that we greatly appreciate your positive comments on the hotel’s location/facilities/service level. In addition to our gratitude, your comments will be an encouraging factor that will drive us further to continue working towards a higher and impeccable standard. Your appreciation of specific members of our staff has also been noted and passed on to enhance the staff’s motivational level.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Initially, we've (my husband, my 3 kids and I) booked this hotel for 5 nights. After arriving at the hotel from the airport (8.20pm), we chatted for a while then had our dinner in the room when I suddenly felt very itchy. It was around 10pm when I when to take a quick shower and was shocked to see my body was covered with hives, which is a case of allergy attack! Around midnight, my 2 1/2 y.o daughter was crying and scratching herself madly and I was shocked to see her body covered with hives too! Luckily, I've brought her flu medicine which I always bring whenever we travel (including cough and fever meds) and gave her some, hoping that it will react as antihistamine to her. When I checked her in the morning, the hives were gone but mine was still there about 20% of them. I went to the nearest pharmacy and the pharmacist confirmed that I was bitten by some kind of mite which might be on the carpet or bed and trigger the allergy in me. My husband made the decision to check out from the hotel and told the management about the incident. They asked why we didn't ask to change room, and my husband told them that after seeing the hallway and the condition of the room, he didn't dare to risk us with more case of allergy and hives. They didn't bother to appologize or say anything to make us feel better about the case. And about the breakfast, it's terrible, selections of food are limited, it makes me wonder, don't they feel ashamed to serve this kind of food to their guests? Luckily the coffee was nice. There's a letter about renovation in progress in the hotel but we don't see anything regarding renovation. Their room desperately need major cleaning, including the greenish thing on the window.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ms Divamieza

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the city.

As much as we value your patronage, we appreciate your observation and concern, both on our facilities as well as service level. We have taken note of your views and we seriously look into the matter and moving forward, take corrective steps to put things in order and better perspective.
We sincerely apologize for the disappointments you faced during your stay. We have spoken to the respective departments to look seriously into those matters and to ensure that they are not occurring again.
In the meantime we assure you that your comments will be an encouraging factor that will drive us further to continue working towards a higher and impeccable standard.
Once again, I extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I don't mind my room is a bit shabby but it really matters for the shabbly way the staff treated us.
We asked the middle-aged male staff, may be the offier-in-charge I guess, the way to a shopping mall. He simply said "taxi!". I asked " any public transport?" Again he replied unfriendly and impatiently" Taxi". There isn't any other client at the front desk at the moment! In fact there is a monorail station right next to the mall! All they want is to let us get a taxi through their staff. That's the way they treat foreigners.

On the checking out day, I left my fake teeth in the glass in the toilet. The checking out time was 11:30a.m. At1:30p.m., I got back to ask them to help me to see if the housekeeping find my fake teeth. That lady at the front desk spoke to me in Malay!!! From the checking-in evening, she was there and I'm sure she knew where we are from! May be she thought I couldnot speak English! Her manner was extremely unfriendly and indifferent!!!

I felt she was making fun of me!!!!! That's the way the way they treat their customers!!!!

Then she talked to me in Mandarin but would not allow me to go upstairs to my room and have a look. She just replied that the houskeeping didn't found it---and the only thing found was a toothpaste box???? I didnot left such a thing in my room. Did they really try to help me find it?? I doubted......

They are very inconsiderate, unhelpful, unfriendly and impolite. They think nothing about how important the fake teeth to me. It's not a matter of money.
It isn't my first trip to Malaysia. They are nightmare to me.
Will visit Malaysia again?? They are discouraging me to do so!!

Room Tip: There isn't non-smoking floor!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kyl20142014

Dear Kyl20142014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the city.

I write to let you know that we have addressed the issues highlighted with the department head concerned. Please be assured that these misgivings are not the norms and were certainly unintentional. We wish to also assure you that remedial measures have been taken, in order to avoid future recurrence of similar incident. Nevertheless, I appreciate your comments on our shortcomings, as these will be another learning experience for our staffs to better themselves.

Once again, I extend my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The room was clean and a very good size. Bed extremely comfortable. Wifi works well in the room. Hotel is well located for accessing local shopping mall (and cheap local food in the basement of the shopping centre) and for the hop-on-hop-off tourist bus.

There were a number of issues: the water in my shower never really got hot and on 20th floor the pressure wasn't great. The breakfast was basic. The gym and steam room / sauna is currently up available due to refurb and I was not aware of that at the time of booking as this was a reason for booking the hotel. Finally, I was unimpressed by the service I received when requesting assistance from the concierge in determining what to see in the city. They did redeem themselves later in the stay by locating a USB charger for me.

A good hotel which could be so much better if they attend to some of the small detail. If you are looking for a comfortable bed for a short stay in KL you could do a lot worse than the Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank David T
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Location is excellent you couldn't ask for better, the service was very average nothing done with a smile, front desk and concierge really needs work, valet parker took nearly 30 mins to get my car, however it is good value for money, the food was not good, i recommend you eat outside the hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank azmat7
HotelRoyalKL, General Manager at Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Mr Azmat

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the city.

We write to let you know that we greatly appreciate your comments on the hotel’s location/ facilities/ service level. These comments will be an encouraging factor that will drive us further to continue working towards a higher and impeccable standard.

The issues highlighted have been addressed with the department heads concerned. Nevertheless, I appreciate your comments on our shortcomings, as these will provide a learning experience for our staffs to better themselves.

Once again, I extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur soon.