“Luxurious hotel at great value”
Review of Sunway Putra Hotel

Sunway Putra Hotel
Ranked #32 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 21 May 2009

After we travelled in Malaysia for 3 weeks, we stayed 1 night in The Legend. It has exceeded our expectations: very nice room and helpfull staff. For the price we paid, we didn't expect this kind of service and quality. Check-in took a bit long, but that can happen. We had dinner at the Japanese restaurant at the 11th floor, with great view on the city, and choice of more than 60 Japanese menus (buffet!).
The location could be better: if you've just 1 or 2 days, I would recommend to stay in the middle of the Golden Triangle or KLCC. But with the metro you reach that area in a couple of minutes. This hotel is really worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed 12 May 2009

The Legend - offers great staying experience at very affordable price. Hotel is very very conveniently located - opposite to business centre, near Metro station and over Mall. Rooms are very nice with all 5 star facilities, swimming pool at 7th floor, bar etc.. Breakfast is wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank DRP1
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I did stay with my other 50 colleagues and found it extremely comfortable . Rooms are good and staffs too.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2009

the best place to stay at malaysia, i never forget.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Stayed in the Legend on an overnight in KL and felt like we had stepped back in time to the 80's - a big, faceless hotel where you are processed through the system - eveything just felt tired, from the none to special bathrooms with washed to many times towels to the chipped and daggy furniture in the rooms - not a place to stay, just a place to sleep - looked at it's best with all the lights out.

Pool full of children and in the shade for most of the day.

Good location.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank QuailOxford
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Its is said that Kuala Lumpur has more cheaper 5 star hotels than anywhere else in the world which attracted us to Kuala Lumpur for 3 days. We choose the Legend Hotel and got an excellent price on a Junior Suite.

When we arrived we were actually upgraded free of charge to a Legend Crest room which was huge. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, sitting room with its own sofa and chairs, free computer to use with internet and a great balcony view of the KL skyline including the Petronis towers and KL Tower.

There were fresh towels each day, bathrobes for both of us plus a spare. Each bathroom contained a huge bath and the one a walk in shower which had the most powerful shower I have experienced. The one let down in the bathroom was water took a long time to warm up.

The hotel itself was very nice with a nice lobby situated on the 9th floor which was no problem as plentiful lifts at the entrance got you straight there.

Breakfast was a bit of a let down with what I would call an average selection of foods really for this standard of hotel. The other annoyance was the security guards who seemed to walk around at breakfast past all the tables and the over eagerness of the staff to get you tea/coffee and clear things as soon as you moved; you just did not feel relaxed here.

The hotel is served by excellent transport and the station right.

We were invited into the legend crest lounge for cocktails and nibbles at any time but when I asked what cocktails she was unsure and asked me to name what I wanted. After naming a few she had a blank look on her face and we finally came to a stalemate with a vodka coke. So we did not use this again.

The hotel had an excellent pool, Jacuzzi, and a small gym. It was also served by some excellent restaurants of which we gave the Chinese a try and that was just excellent with a discount being applied due to being hotel guests.

Another little annoyance was security again at night time and the evening as you could here them walk past the room and the walkie talkies going off but to be fair this was not to late.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chocolate-eater666
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Hotel lobby and check in counter, located on the 9th floor. Carpark was dark and old and spooky. The entire hotel looks and feels like Kuala Lumpur in the 80's, we felt like we travelled backwards into time. The lights in the hotel were set dimly even the corridors and room. We booked an Executive Deluxe room and it looked like a 2 star hotel room. At 11.30pm our bathtub leaked while my 6 years old son was taking a bath and my elderly wheelchaired bound mother was in the toilet washing her face. Thank goodness,my elderly mother or son didn't slip and fall. Housekeeping came and a pass ME A TOWEL instead of bring a mop to dry the floor. Told him the situation requires him to mop the floor, with a blurry face he left. Then came the plumber, they wanted to fix the tub AT THAT HOUR!! Then came housekeeping again and brought again more TOWELS. He use his feet and towels to wipe the floor clean..

Executive deluxe rooms comes with internet and with PC provided. But can't use the PC for any office work and the USB port cannot be used to upload anything, it was strictly for internet surfing which they did not emphasis on the hotel website. So i was not able to do my office work..

The mall is not fantastic. Few weirdos who will stare at tourist like we invaded their territory. Not a safe area for woman and children..

That very night I told the reception that I am checking out the next morning..

I travel to KL frequently like once a month and always stayed at the Impiana hotel but since this trip my wheel chair bound mother was with me so I thought will be good to get a hotel with a mall next to it. I really regretted my decision and felt so sorry for my mother that her trip was a nightmare and the standard of the hotel. The legend claims to be 4 star but this hotel does not even deserves to be rated a 3 star.

The next day I checked into Impiana and my mother and son was so happy. It was like they went to hell and then to heaven..

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family