“HAS SEEN BETTER DAYS”

Ranked #277 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Manila, Philippines
“HAS SEEN BETTER DAYS”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here when I first visited KL some few years back. We had a grand time there (at that time). Just recently, we found ourselves spending overnight in KL enroute to New Delhi so I booked a room there again.
Sadly, the hotel seems deteriorating physically (unkept lobbies/rooms/etc.).
To make matters worst, the service has become poor and the hotel seems to have lost its charm.
Despite that, the cost of staying here seems to be increasing steadily too.
Such a shame when it used to be very very lovely.
Obviously, I will not go back here again. :(

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Myra P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Travelling all over
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Having read that this was the top-pic in the Lonely Planet, my wife and I decided to head to this hotel to end our holiday, a bad mistake! Upon arrival the staff check-in were extremely slow and rude and didn't even have our reservation on their systems. We checked into a "Premium/Premier" room which are on the 16&17th floors of the 18 floor hotel. After a long day of travelling all we wanted was to have a nice swim in their pool, which is great to have in this area, and have a small lunch and cold beer...upon making our way to the pool there were about 20 Asian male guests at the pool who were all undressing my wife with their eyes and even had the cheek to ask for a photo with her! The pool-restaurant service was extremely slow for our food which they got the order wrong and we waited almost 45mins just for the beers. Not the best start to the experience by any means.

Our "premier" rooms' TV did not work properly (the cable channels sound was intermittent and 60% of all the advertised channels were not available), the shower in the bath had no hot water (very tepid) which leaked water that looked like a flood occurred in the bathroom. The breakfast service team were very unprofessional and rude. They have a stupid system that you have to carry the room key card holder (a big cardboard sleeve for the key) in order to get entrance to the breakfast dining room. Having the actual key and your room number to hand did not seem enough proof for them that we were guests; we walked in anyway and told them to sort it out with their management as I was not going up 17 floors for a silly cardboard holder that had no information on it but our room number written in ink.

We asked to be upgraded to a new room due to all the problems listed above, as we had 2 nights there, and we got another "new premium room" on the smoking floor, which still had no hot water and the TV channels listed did not work properly either. Management said they had a problem with the hot water and after I requested compensation they said it would be fine however upon check-out at 6.30am their was no discount on offer or any management around to approve. We did not have the time or energy to protest.

I would avoid this place like a plague, there were a lot of better looking international hotels near by which seemed to be in the same price range which we should've gone to instead.

David

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed there 3d2n and was shocked because there was no free pick up transfers from hotel/airport vv.every guest MUSt commute from the airport. Thats the first noNo for this hotel.

Upon arriving,we were greeted by the concierge staff and our luggages were brought in out room. In that point, kudos!

2nd and so forth no no for this hotel:
Our deluxe room has minibar, light is faulty. The toilet has no hair dryer. No cotton buds. Not enough lighting in our room. TV has no cable and it seems like its used since yr 2000. Shower's Hot water not so hot.

Another disgusting part of our stay is,we went to Genting and left our hotel 930am and back to the hotel around 1030pm. To our surprise, our room was very tidy. Ok thats fine,housekeeping make up our room even if we dont request for it. But the thing is, there are missing pieces of ferrero chocolates in the choco box. Yes they are really tempting, and yes, they are ONLY chocolates. But HonESty among your staff should be reiterated to maintain your QUaliTy service. You are losing your integrity because of disHonesty.

The tour is fine. Kumar,our tour guide is very good:)

Breakfast is ordinary. Their meal for today is 90% the same set for tomorrow. Bread, sausage, cantaloupe, watermelon, egg. Although we only Had 2 breakfasts, i had the same set of meal for those days.

The wall partition among rooms are not good. You can hear your neighbors' laugh and chitchatt. You will find yourself awake in the middle of the night because the occupants beside your room are talking.

However, the Good thing about choosing this hotel is its location. It is walking distance to bb mall, times square, chinatown, KL tower, and food/street market. Outside the hotel have bars so you dont need to travel afar to get to the clubs.

Moreover,you can have an early check out and continue your strolling along KL. they have safekeeping facilities for luggages.

Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Good location but a run down hotel that need renovation. Loud music from nearby bars/pubs until very late night. Disgusting old and decolorised towels. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days (4-7 April) and moved to a nearby Swiss Garden Hotel for the next 3 days. It turned out my booking for Swiss Garden hotel cheaper that Radius Hotel with everything many time better !

Room Tip: If you want to have a good sleep, ask for a Higher floors and facing away from hotel front as music...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lausanne
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed 1 night there in between flights and chose it for the swimming pool for our kids. Just for that it is worth it, as the pool is big, nice and clean and a real treat with the climate.
The rest? It is a big hotel (over 17 floors), has past its sell by date but it is clean and conveniently located. The price is correct for what you get. Don't expect too much... you'll be disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Honestly I am not a fussy customer when it comes to accommodation so please read and take into account this review. Having spent an 8 hour journey on a night train from Penang to KL we arrived at the radious early morning. We originally booked a delux room and understandably having arrived early our room was not ready so the only option apart from waiting until 2pm was to upgrade to a superior for 100rm. As this was the only day we had in KL we agreed and went ahead with superior. Our room was 2 twin beds pushed together (suppose to be a double), the basin flooded and leaked all over the floor, the towels are DIGUSTING! They are covered in cigerette burns and ripped. I requested new towels from reception which never turned up however another customers luggage came to our door!? Maybe they got our towels. The hotel im afraid to say is a disgrace it smells and the only good thing about it is that it gets you out the door so you can see more of KL. It is located down a main strip of bars. the best place to go for food is Jalan Alor which is just a 2 minute walk, you will find great food and an amazing atmosphere! Hope this helps. We were extremely gutted that we didn't book the Hilton which would have cost just £5 more after the upgrad. I dread to think what the deluxe room is like!

1 Thank ForzaJ
Khao Lak, Thailand
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel 25-27March & it was, without a doubt, the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in!
I had booked a Superior room and my friends had booked a Premier room. Upon check in I was wrongly allocated a twin-bedded room, which was quickly changed to a kingsize bed room that not only smelled horribly of bleach & cleaning chemicals but also had a cockroach infestation in the bathroom. The hotel staff dealt with cockroach by scooping it up into the only drinking glass in the room & told me that if I found any more they would try to change my room! The bathroom was unclean (soap wrappers & hair from previous guests lined the bathtub & soapdish) and the towels were greying, fraying & smelt stale.
The room itself & communal areas faired no better. All the paintwork was badly chipped & dirty, the carpet was filthy & ridden with cigarette burns, the few pieces of furniture which weren't broken had a number of deep cigarette burns, as did the bathtub.
Mini bar in room was empty. TV had just 6 channels, only one of which was in English.
I had a look at my friends' Premier room, which had cost twice the price of my Superior room, and it was exactly the same size etc. except that the furniture and carpet were less disgusting and the TV was flat screen.
Next morning, after a very unremarkable breakfast, we left the hotel, returning at lunchtime to find my room had not been made up & I had to chase housekeeping to arrange this.
The following morning I was woken by housekeeping knocking on my door in error, despite a Do Not Distub sign on my door. Awoken again at 11.00am in mild panic thanks to hotel fire drill! No warning had been given about this & when I contacted the Duty Manager to find out what exactly was going on, the phone was cut off 3 times, Finally, at 11.45 a letter was dropped into my room to advise me that the fire drill was taking place. (Having been involved in a real hotel fire &evacuation a number of years ago, I know first hand how scary & disorientating it is to be woken by a fire alarm!)
Upon checkout I asked to speak to the Duty Manager, Mr. Tony Jafar, and I listed all of the complaints above, and also pointed out that there had been a young prostitute and her pimp using the lift on the night we arrived, only for him to laugh in my face, literally laugh.
I am an experienced traveler, living in Thailand and I’m well aware of what to expect in a 3* hotel, sadly Radius Infestational does not even meet the standard of a 1* backpacker hostel. In summary, this hotel is absolutely disgusting. It is in a great location for bars & nightlife, but there are so many other hotels nearby that couldn't be any worse, in fact, even a night spent in a gutter would be preferable to staying here. Beware!

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be preferable!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends