“Bedbugs in room”
Review of Hotel Soleil

Hotel Soleil
Ranked #297 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotel room is old and run down (unlike the pics). Worst of all, the room has bed bugs! my wife and myself were bitten terribly. Soundproofing was bad. The airconditioning was not working properly and the room was not cold. Will not recommend this place at all!

Room Tip: Staying at high floor does not help as the sound proofing of the rooms are poor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank S_K_FOO_may_2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel was booked by a travel agent for me and it looked okay online...in real life, it wasn't. Problems:
1) club on the ground floor played music that kept me awake on the 11th floor until 4AM. I called to complain to reception and their attitude was "it's always like this". I asked to speak to the manager and was told he'd call me back but never did. Check out was noon, cleaners knocked on my door to ask when I was leaving at 10am. IMPOSSIBLE to sleep. Spoke with manager the next day, he offered a free upgrade on my next stay, I stated I would NEVER stay there again.
2) did a tour out of the hotel's tour desk...long story short, got ripped off, dumped and left behind at a mall (not my choice), and then sped through the streets to try to make up for lost time. Excuse: "It was raining." The tour operator gave me a "free" ride to a local attraction the next day to try to make up for it and did offer to repeat the tour that day, but I was flying out and didn't want to bother.
3) Mould in bathroom and it was in terrible condition -- I could easily tile better than that (and have). Toilet ran all night.
4) Towels were thread bare, frayed and stained. Linen had holes in it.

Room Tip: if you must stay, stay on the back side to be as far away from the club as possible. Request a high...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Smigiggles
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here when I first visited KL some few years back. We had a grand time there (at that time). Just recently, we found ourselves spending overnight in KL enroute to New Delhi so I booked a room there again.
Sadly, the hotel seems deteriorating physically (unkept lobbies/rooms/etc.).
To make matters worst, the service has become poor and the hotel seems to have lost its charm.
Despite that, the cost of staying here seems to be increasing steadily too.
Such a shame when it used to be very very lovely.
Obviously, I will not go back here again. :(

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Myra P
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Having read that this was the top-pic in the Lonely Planet, my wife and I decided to head to this hotel to end our holiday, a bad mistake! Upon arrival the staff check-in were extremely slow and rude and didn't even have our reservation on their systems. We checked into a "Premium/Premier" room which are on the 16&17th floors of the 18 floor hotel. After a long day of travelling all we wanted was to have a nice swim in their pool, which is great to have in this area, and have a small lunch and cold beer...upon making our way to the pool there were about 20 Asian male guests at the pool who were all undressing my wife with their eyes and even had the cheek to ask for a photo with her! The pool-restaurant service was extremely slow for our food which they got the order wrong and we waited almost 45mins just for the beers. Not the best start to the experience by any means.

Our "premier" rooms' TV did not work properly (the cable channels sound was intermittent and 60% of all the advertised channels were not available), the shower in the bath had no hot water (very tepid) which leaked water that looked like a flood occurred in the bathroom. The breakfast service team were very unprofessional and rude. They have a stupid system that you have to carry the room key card holder (a big cardboard sleeve for the key) in order to get entrance to the breakfast dining room. Having the actual key and your room number to hand did not seem enough proof for them that we were guests; we walked in anyway and told them to sort it out with their management as I was not going up 17 floors for a silly cardboard holder that had no information on it but our room number written in ink.

We asked to be upgraded to a new room due to all the problems listed above, as we had 2 nights there, and we got another "new premium room" on the smoking floor, which still had no hot water and the TV channels listed did not work properly either. Management said they had a problem with the hot water and after I requested compensation they said it would be fine however upon check-out at 6.30am their was no discount on offer or any management around to approve. We did not have the time or energy to protest.

I would avoid this place like a plague, there were a lot of better looking international hotels near by which seemed to be in the same price range which we should've gone to instead.

David

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed there 3d2n and was shocked because there was no free pick up transfers from hotel/airport vv.every guest MUSt commute from the airport. Thats the first noNo for this hotel.

Upon arriving,we were greeted by the concierge staff and our luggages were brought in out room. In that point, kudos!

2nd and so forth no no for this hotel:
Our deluxe room has minibar, light is faulty. The toilet has no hair dryer. No cotton buds. Not enough lighting in our room. TV has no cable and it seems like its used since yr 2000. Shower's Hot water not so hot.

Another disgusting part of our stay is,we went to Genting and left our hotel 930am and back to the hotel around 1030pm. To our surprise, our room was very tidy. Ok thats fine,housekeeping make up our room even if we dont request for it. But the thing is, there are missing pieces of ferrero chocolates in the choco box. Yes they are really tempting, and yes, they are ONLY chocolates. But HonESty among your staff should be reiterated to maintain your QUaliTy service. You are losing your integrity because of disHonesty.

The tour is fine. Kumar,our tour guide is very good:)

Breakfast is ordinary. Their meal for today is 90% the same set for tomorrow. Bread, sausage, cantaloupe, watermelon, egg. Although we only Had 2 breakfasts, i had the same set of meal for those days.

The wall partition among rooms are not good. You can hear your neighbors' laugh and chitchatt. You will find yourself awake in the middle of the night because the occupants beside your room are talking.

However, the Good thing about choosing this hotel is its location. It is walking distance to bb mall, times square, chinatown, KL tower, and food/street market. Outside the hotel have bars so you dont need to travel afar to get to the clubs.

Moreover,you can have an early check out and continue your strolling along KL. they have safekeeping facilities for luggages.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Good location but a run down hotel that need renovation. Loud music from nearby bars/pubs until very late night. Disgusting old and decolorised towels. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days (4-7 April) and moved to a nearby Swiss Garden Hotel for the next 3 days. It turned out my booking for Swiss Garden hotel cheaper that Radius Hotel with everything many time better !

Room Tip: If you want to have a good sleep, ask for a Higher floors and facing away from hotel front as music...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed 1 night there in between flights and chose it for the swimming pool for our kids. Just for that it is worth it, as the pool is big, nice and clean and a real treat with the climate.
The rest? It is a big hotel (over 17 floors), has past its sell by date but it is clean and conveniently located. The price is correct for what you get. Don't expect too much... you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012