“Great pool and good executive lounge”

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #38 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Like the pool, it is huge. And the club at the top floor is good too. Not too many people there.

Room is old but good size. The biggest issue is no wi-fi in the room, told the manager. This is a huge drawback in these dates.

Location is good, near MTR.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times as a business traveler and find it excellent value for money. There is a monorail station right in front of the hotel and the underground station is just 600 M away. Slightly upscale taxis are available within the hotel compound 24 hours and you can always flag down an ordinary taxi on the road. Wide choice at breakfast although the crowd can be overwhelming on weekends. The dinner buffet is also very good but even as a hotel guest I have sometimes found it difficult to find a good table - must be very popular indeed.

Room Tip: East wing rooms are cheaper and are good value for money. West wing rooms are newer
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Lovely hotel, great location, excellent staff (friendly, courteous and helpful), good food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed in the east wing and asked for a higher floor. The rooms were clean and large. Service was excellent throughout my stay. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Room service was timely and delivered per promise.

But this is a large hotel and can get a little crowded and at times check in and check out took a little longer than desired.

The outside noise on east wing was noticeable. There is a night club nearby and at nights you can hear the music.

Room Tip: Ask for top floors to get a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I think it was acceptable. we stayed there 4 days. some of staffs were really friendly, but not all of them. As a five stars Hotel, it was clean. Rooms were excellent. Room services was suitable. Because I was living in Kuala Lumpur for 2 years, I can tell you its place is interesting.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank FarshidZadeh
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at th Renaissance 12th April to 15th April and separately on the 19th April. As the title suggest we saw the good and the bad side on the hotel after our recent stay.

The good - for our first stay, check in was great, really friendly chap on reception and an upgrade to an executive suite (room 1919). The room was excellent, spacious, good bed, room service is great, food was good, i ordered a green thai curry that was really tasty. The location is great, 2 minutes to the metro station, then 2 stops in to Bukit Bintang. We found the cost of a cab to the airport a rip off, 130 ringits to the airport, the cost should be no more then 80 to 100. I'd recommend hailing a cab from elsewhere but its so humid its just so convenient to order the cab from the front of the hotel but id recommend arranging somethhing alternative. Overall the first stay was really great 9/10.

The bad and ugly- our second stay on the 19th April. Lady at check in offered us a twin room, we refused (as we'd paid for a double) and we were given room 1217 in the east wing. She did offer us an upgrade to an exec suite room for 60 ringgits (which on reflection we should have taken), but we didnt because we didnt expect the room to be as poor as it turned out to be. Bathroom door didnt close, plug socket near bed falling off, black hairs all over bathroom, lamps in room werent working and got bitten by a bed bug over night. Went down stairs to order food at poolside bar and our meals (chicken satay and lamb kebabs) were ad vertised as coming with rice but neither did, we were tired from our connecting flight so didnt bother to fight it. Overall our 2nd experience if the hotel was far in ferior from our first.

In summary - if you're staying in an exec suite then this is well worth it (and you'll have a flawless stay) but if you're in a regular room then dont bother. Im going to mark the hotel overall 8/10 but thats because of our exec room experience but the regular double room experience for us was really poor and next time i'd just go and stay at the shangri-la.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1217 in the east wing but room 1919 in the west wing is excellent
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SimonRoss
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed there for 6 days and the location was very good, the train is minute away and the twin towers are 10 mins away if you walk
Rooms are old but the amenities were very good I was their Marriott member and request a higher floor with a nice view but when I arrive they only have a low floor room with not very good view but the room was upgrad to a suite so I just take a look and found the room very nice and big with a sofa big study table and the toilet had both the shower and bath which I found very nice as we were with kids
And the offer me a late check out till 1400
But be aware that they don't have wifi in rooms only cable Internet is available and I didn't bring my laptop therefore complementary Internet was no use to me , you can bring your own modern if you want a wifi in your room
They got free wifi in the lobby and swimming pool but if you are using I phone you have to browse through safari first and accept the condition on use before you can use it as I don't know and can't use it on first day luckily a guest in the hotel tell me
The swimming pool can use the word perfect to described

• Stayed: April 2012