“Feels at home”

Ranked #35 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Feels at home”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

When I stayed at Renaissance, I'm a bit surprise that this hotel is quite old. But eventhough old hotel, the room is clean and comfortable. I have to say that all staff put their heart to give best service.
They also pay attention to customer birthday and gives complimentary cake. Two thumbs for this initiative.
One thing that need improvement is breakfast menu.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Linams2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As a Marriott Rewards Gold Member, I was escorted to the executive lounge for registration. I found the staff to be really friendly, professional and pleasant. I was very impressed with the service and was quite pleased until I got to my floor.

As I exited the elevator, there was a repairman trying to fix a leak in the ceiling. Water was dripping from the ceiling into a garbage can. The leak was never repaired. For the next three days water continually dripped from the ceiling into the garbage can and towels on the floor. I walked by it several times a day and I couldn't believe that it was never repaired.

My room was quite large, but dated. It was obvious that there had been a leak in the bathroom. The ceiling drywall had been poorly repaired and moldy. There were chips to the marble walls that were also poorly repaired. The room's a/c unit was dirty and moldy and room furnishings dated. My room needed a total update from top to bottom.

Over the next three days, I was continually impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff in the lounge, bell desk, housekeeping, front desk and restaurant. It was Ramadan and many of them were fasting. Nevertheless, they were ever pleasant and ever helpful. I felt guilty eating breakfast and mid-afternoon snacks while most of the workers were fasting!

When I checked out, I asked to speak to the manager on duty. I said that I encouraged her to check out the condition of the 21st floor and my room. I said that I took pictures and was willing to send it. She asked for them and said the hotel is due for renovation and the photos would be helpful for her bosses to see. Other than that, nothing was done and I said that I would never step foot in the hotel again. I contacted Marriott Customer Care and the hotel has been in touch with me. I was told that the room was taken out of service for servicing.

I would be reluctant to recommend the Renaissance KL until after the renovations have been completed. If you are used to international Marriott and Renaissance properties, you will not be disappointed with the service, but you will find the rooms to be dated and substandard.

Room Tip: Ask to see your assigned room before taking it. The executive lounge is great serving breakfast, af...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank DKHNL
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After some research and choosing from the options provided by our travel agent we setlled on renaissance at KL.The journey started off with a new experience of flying malindo air.A new airlines which is between a budget and a full service one.Good flight ,got us in from mumbai to KL around 8 am.We then had to endure the peak hour traffic before reaching renaissance.The staff is just too good.Service with a smile and very effective.We reached around 10ish.I requested the reception to give me an early checkin since usual time is 2 pm.Got it.However since it was 10.30 or so he asked me whether we would prefer breakfast and by then he would send the baggage up.
The checkin was a breeze.stay was excellent.East side 17th floor ...with unobstructed view of petronas towers.Location is very good a 200 mts walk takes you straight to Suria mall below the petronas.
had a good stay.Bukit bintang is the place to go for shopping ,lots of malls.One good place we discovered was a store called padini concepts .They have a brand of shoes called vincci for women.very well priced and good shoes.My wife really let herself go and picked a few pairs.After evening hours the place to be is chengkat near radius hotel.The entire street is lined up with bars on both sides playing good music you can take your pick from all international cuisines and choice of music on this street.Really lively and fun.
Be careful which cab you take in the city.The red and white is cheap but the all blue cabs are like a gallloping meter ...
Overall had a good stay of 3 nights.
Stayed in 1st week of may.Rooms are big,breakfast is good.Check out also we got a delayed checkout.The pool is awesome...overall a place worth it if you want a resort experience and also be close to city centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nileshshevade
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Recently, we stayed at the hotel. The front entrance was grand and it brings us back to the renaissance era :).
The whole hotel looks fantastic!! With nice wall papers, room was huge with huge washrooms and the hotel is well maintain!! wow.,....
We look forward to stay in the hotel for our next trip to KL....

Roslan - Ellen - ChingEe, Residence from JB...

Room Tip: Choose the Suite Room! You will definitely love it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 138695ce
Doha
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very bad experience , could not believe that this hotel belongs to the Marriott chain of hotels , I am a Marriott reward member , I booked 2 rooms in the hotel for me and my boss and they put us in the old wing , we have changed our rooms two times due to the A/C problems , the room are old and need renovation , the breakfast experience is very bad and the service staff are away from the guests , they are reacting and never pro-acting , you have to ask about the cutlery yourself , no management presence in this hotel , what so ever , I have not enjoyed my stay and I left earlier due to the bad service and A/C problems

Room Tip: Don't take room in the old wing , need to be revamped and renovated , they have a big problem wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hanymaroun
RenaissancePR, Director of Marcom/PR at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear hany m

Greetings from Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We were disappointed to read about your experience with us and have taken the opportunity to address the matters raised with the respective Head of Departments. They are certainly not synonymous with our usual high standards for excellent service standards.

Kindly rest assured that re-training sessions will be conducted with our Associates to improve their service delivery.

In the meantime, we are pleased to inform you that there are plans in place to refurbish the hotel and the refurbishment project will be done in stages in order not to create any inconvenience to our guests.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Thank you.

Best Regards
Sharon Lim
Director of Marcom/PR
Albion Park, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stay here every 2 years when i visit KL. Most of the staff remember me. Those that don't are still very friendly. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The pool is HUGE!!! The hotel is central to everything including public transport and the twin towers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Eric_L2323
kl
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in after I had high-tea at vogue. Then went in the room. 2 queen size bed. A little vintage look(nice) clean and very confi. Bathroom was nice and spacious. Had a swimming pool view. Had free shuttle around town which was like 5 min to the petronas twin towers. Chilled out at the pool having a cigar but unfortunately I had to get my coffee via room service as the coffee maker was spoiled. A nice weekend getaway if u live in the city.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo