“Excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Perth, Australia
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel six years ago when i visited KL with my mum, and by coincidence my husband booked it again. I was a bit nervous as I remembered it being a bit dated and in need of some TLC but was pleasantly surprised upon our arrival.
It is in an excellent location and central to everything in the city.
Walking distance to the Petronas Towers and the monorail which is cheap and efficient for getting around.
The food court in KLCC is good for cheap tasty meals and the mall offers high end luxury brands.

The hotel itself was clean and rooms serviced everyday. My only complaint was that our room had a noisy air con which made it hard to get a restful sleep.
The staff are efficient.
All in all it is a hotel that I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the towers, as the view is incredible, but the short stroll to the actual towe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Miisha9
CorusHotelKL, Manager at Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Miisha9,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you very much for your kind review about us on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel is excellent located in the city.

We have taken note on your comments on the noise of air conditioner and an immediately action is taken to ensure every guest can rest in our hotel with good room condition.

We look forward to serving you again in near future.

Thank you and have a pleasant week ahead.

Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ok I arrived to this hotel with my wife to spend our honeymoon whole bent extremely excited for the experience but we were shocked from the chain of problems we faced during our stay and this is based in my point of view as we both ( me and my wife ) work in hospitality industry in Egypt in worldwide chain hotels:
Upon checking in we presented our voucher to the receptionist which couldn't find our reservation on their system so she had to leave us for at least 10 minutes on the desk to go get some one else seems like her supervisor called Wanda that came to us and said that we do not have a reservation even tho our confirmation number was written on the voucher so as an ex receptionist my self I told him to look for the number e said they do not have those numbers and asked me to call my travel agent in Egypt and solve the problem my self.
While doing my phone call he stopped me and said that yes our confirmation is there but the problem was a spelling mistake ( Mustafa instead of Moustapha ) which I told the first receptionist to look for my name in different spellings but she couldn't do it for some reason and rather went to being us Wanda.
Anyway we got our room (remember we are honeymooners) we found the room to be connected room and seems to be standard room while our reservation is a deluxe room and view was to the back street and not toward the twin towers.
After a long argument with Wanda on the phone which he was very unprofessional ( which seemed to be the case with all the reception team ) he said that all kind size beds are connected rooms LIKE ARE YOU TAKING ME FOR AN IMBECILE?????
Than he said I should stay in my room since the hotel is fully booked and that they will change it tomorrow.
I called my travel agent and gave them a very hard time is they can take action on follow up on my issue as I was very tired from an 18 hours flight.
Second day in the morning I toke my breakfast and went back to the front desk and was informed that my new room is ready ( finally I think ).
Well as soon as I step into the room water dropped on my head and saw a hole on the sealing right under the air condition place which had water leakage the bell captain was very shamed he couldn't say anything back to me and rushed to call the engineer to fix the leakage that I have already uploaded a picture of it.
I didn't want to have a fight with the hotel as unjust wanted to spend my so called honeymoon in peace with my wife and get over with this nightmare.
I stayed 5 days here and I was planning to visite Kuala Lumpur again next year but I won't do this mistake of staying in this hotel again cause to be honest way to much unprofessionalism all over the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear MoustaphaHafez,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur and I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for the time you have taken in bringing this matter to our attention and allowing us to conduct a thorough investigation on this matter.

We have taken note on your feedback about the front office services. It has been brought up to the respective head of departments’ attention and be rest assured that we have taken immediate remedial actions to improve our service standards.

You are important to us, we want you to know. We stringently stress on high standards of service level as part of our hotel culture so that every guest’s expectations will be met.

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken in bringing this matter to our attention. As it is only through constructive comments and observations such as those you have made that we are able to continually monitor, maintain and improve our standards of guest care.

We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again.

Have a pleasant weekend ahead.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Corus Hotel is located at a very convenient location especially if you have work near the Jalan Ampang or KLCC.However the room passages look very tired and smelly.the carpets need to be changed first if nothing else.
The Hotel provides free wifi.If you are a vegetarian then breakfast options are limited for the price you pay.
Having stayed 10 years back at this hotel,I can definitely say this property needs an upgrade.

Room Tip: Look for a non smoking room,understand they have higher end rooms with lounge access
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear SingaporeMahesh,

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken in review our hotel and we are glad to hear that you found the hotel location as convenient to your business trip.

We also noted on your comment on the floor carpets and breakfast selection and highlighted to department heads’ attention.

We wish to see you again and look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Corus.

Thank you and have a pleasant week ahead.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

it was wonderful time in Malaysia.... we enjoyed our stay with family hotel .......staff r good ,rooms r spacious central location twin tower was just min.walk hotel has a
drop up facility by car over a day three times shuttel.............
happy
thanx :)

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"and has a gr8 view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CorusHotelKL, Manager at Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Mr. Sanjay P.,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we must say, we are happy to have you as our guest as well!

We appreciate your kind feedback which has also been conveyed to our staff and they are very much encouraged.

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back to Corus soon.

Have a great week ahead.

San Jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

It's a rather old hotel as you can see from the bathtub and sink, etc. But they do a good job in keeping it clean. You can't tell it's an older hotel from the lobby because they make the lobby look really nice.
The benefits of staying in this hotel are the following:
1) It's only 5-10 minutes to the Patrona's Twin Tower and Suria KLCC Shopping Center. You don't need to turn, just walk down the street and they are right there. For all first time Kuala Lumpur visitors, these are places you definitely have to see!
2) There is a local Malay resturant right next door which serves delicious food with reasonable price.
3) Corus Hotel is well known so very easy to communicate with the taxi drivers.
4) If you are going to Singapore, there is an express bus called Aerolink you can take, which takes about 4-5 hours. And the pick up location is literally right in front of this very hotel! People who stay in nearby hotels have to walk over to this hotel to catch this bus to Singapore.
Areolink bus costs 90 Ringgits (Malaysian currency), they take cash only. You can purchase it at the hotel lobby or online. The bus also offers a small meal just like the airplane food plate and a bottle water. They also make an one 10-15 minute restroom stop halfway between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. You do need to clear immigrations on both sides. And the bus will drop you off at Harbour Front area in Singapore.
5) There is a 7-Eleven across the street and McDonald's nearby as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Geminican
Dear Geminican,

Thank you for your kind feedback on our hotel and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind comments have been conveyed to our staff and they are much encouraged.

We look forward to welcome you back to Corus again. Thank you and have a great week ahead.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I've arranged my booking for 5 consecutive nights, I missed the first night and checked in the next day, I was informed by the assistant manager that reservation will arrange for a compensation but no one got in touch despite a second reminder from me regarding this issue. In general, the hotel is nice with a very good location far away from the crowded area and just 5 minutes by taxi to the malls and shopping area. They just need to improve the front desk service and answer the calls at reception.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Mouheeb K,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur and we appreciate for your kind feedback.

Our staff from the Front Office will be in touch with you regarding your concern on the compensation. Meanwhile, kindly drop us an email at reservations@corushotelkl.com with your booking details to enable us to speed up the process as well.

We thank you for your comments on our front desk and reception service, I have highlighted your feedback to the department head’s attention for immediate rectification including training and counseling to be done.

We are clearly understand that there will be training conducted to further improve our front desk staff attentive to ensure that the higher quality of hospitality is always delivered to guest.

We hope that this has not marred your overall impression of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed in Corus while I was on my honeymoon in Malaysia. It is certainly a great place to stay with excellent service. The hotel room (cabana) was perfect and the location too was kinda nice (next to the Pool). The room service was good and the hotel overall is nicely maintained.

I was about to get drowned in their swimming Pool( I don't know how to swim) and if their staff was not attentive, I would have been the first person on earth to have died on his honeymoon :)

Overall, it was a great experience staying in this hotel and I recommend it to all.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CorusHotelKL, Manager at Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Mr. Bharat_ahuja04,

Thank you for choosing Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur for your honeymoon in Malaysia.

We appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us on Trip Advisor and glad to hear that you enjoyed the Paradise Cabana room and our service during your stay.

Your kind feedback on our pool staff attentiveness has been brought up to the management’s attention and our staff is very much encouraged too. We are glad you are safe and able to assist you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Corus again in near future.

Till then, have a pleasant week ahead.