“Nice Location”

Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #50 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 November 2013

It was nice experience, location was too good just walking distance from all the place what you need. Rooms were good, indian food. i was able to see twin tower from the window of my room. Over all nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
CorusHotelKL, Manager at Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Jaytaparia,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and we are glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Corus and to serving you in near future.

There are newer reviews for Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here on my first visit to Malaysia. The hotel is opposite to the famous twin towers or Petronas so you are centrally located from the point of view of tourist. You also have connectivity for Airport via train outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get the twin tower view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Naman R,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Corus and to serving you in near future.

Have a pleasant week ahead.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed at the Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur for two nights during a business visit. The hotel is situated right in the middle of everything. Walking distance to the famous twin towers and also the shopping outlets are well within walking distance. The room was spacious and clean and the staff were awesome.

Room Tip: One looking to the mainroad
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CorusHotelKL, Manager at Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Drwan,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur and I hope this message finds you well.

We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel location during your business trip.

Your valuable comments have been conveyed to our staff and they are very much encouraged.

We looking forward to welcome you back to Corus and to serving you in near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel six years ago when i visited KL with my mum, and by coincidence my husband booked it again. I was a bit nervous as I remembered it being a bit dated and in need of some TLC but was pleasantly surprised upon our arrival.
It is in an excellent location and central to everything in the city.
Walking distance to the Petronas Towers and the monorail which is cheap and efficient for getting around.
The food court in KLCC is good for cheap tasty meals and the mall offers high end luxury brands.

The hotel itself was clean and rooms serviced everyday. My only complaint was that our room had a noisy air con which made it hard to get a restful sleep.
The staff are efficient.
All in all it is a hotel that I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the towers, as the view is incredible, but the short stroll to the actual towe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Miisha9

Dear Miisha9,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you very much for your kind review about us on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel is excellent located in the city.

We have taken note on your comments on the noise of air conditioner and an immediately action is taken to ensure every guest can rest in our hotel with good room condition.

We look forward to serving you again in near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ok I arrived to this hotel with my wife to spend our honeymoon whole bent extremely excited for the experience but we were shocked from the chain of problems we faced during our stay and this is based in my point of view as we both ( me and my wife ) work in hospitality industry in Egypt in worldwide chain hotels:
Upon checking in we presented our voucher to the receptionist which couldn't find our reservation on their system so she had to leave us for at least 10 minutes on the desk to go get some one else seems like her supervisor called Wanda that came to us and said that we do not have a reservation even tho our confirmation number was written on the voucher so as an ex receptionist my self I told him to look for the number e said they do not have those numbers and asked me to call my travel agent in Egypt and solve the problem my self.
While doing my phone call he stopped me and said that yes our confirmation is there but the problem was a spelling mistake ( Mustafa instead of Moustapha ) which I told the first receptionist to look for my name in different spellings but she couldn't do it for some reason and rather went to being us Wanda.
Anyway we got our room (remember we are honeymooners) we found the room to be connected room and seems to be standard room while our reservation is a deluxe room and view was to the back street and not toward the twin towers.
After a long argument with Wanda on the phone which he was very unprofessional ( which seemed to be the case with all the reception team ) he said that all kind size beds are connected rooms LIKE ARE YOU TAKING ME FOR AN IMBECILE?????
Than he said I should stay in my room since the hotel is fully booked and that they will change it tomorrow.
I called my travel agent and gave them a very hard time is they can take action on follow up on my issue as I was very tired from an 18 hours flight.
Second day in the morning I toke my breakfast and went back to the front desk and was informed that my new room is ready ( finally I think ).
Well as soon as I step into the room water dropped on my head and saw a hole on the sealing right under the air condition place which had water leakage the bell captain was very shamed he couldn't say anything back to me and rushed to call the engineer to fix the leakage that I have already uploaded a picture of it.
I didn't want to have a fight with the hotel as unjust wanted to spend my so called honeymoon in peace with my wife and get over with this nightmare.
I stayed 5 days here and I was planning to visite Kuala Lumpur again next year but I won't do this mistake of staying in this hotel again cause to be honest way to much unprofessionalism all over the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear MoustaphaHafez,

Thank you for the time you have taken in bringing this matter to our attention and allowing us to conduct a thorough investigation on this matter.

We have taken note on your feedback about the front office services. It has been brought up to the respective head of departments’ attention and be rest assured that we have taken immediate remedial actions to improve our service standards.

You are important to us, we want you to know. We stringently stress on high standards of service level as part of our hotel culture so that every guest’s expectations will be met.

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken in bringing this matter to our attention. As it is only through constructive comments and observations such as those you have made that we are able to continually monitor, maintain and improve our standards of guest care.

We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again.

Have a pleasant weekend ahead.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Corus Hotel is located at a very convenient location especially if you have work near the Jalan Ampang or KLCC.However the room passages look very tired and smelly.the carpets need to be changed first if nothing else.
The Hotel provides free wifi.If you are a vegetarian then breakfast options are limited for the price you pay.
Having stayed 10 years back at this hotel,I can definitely say this property needs an upgrade.

Room Tip: Look for a non smoking room,understand they have higher end rooms with lounge access
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear SingaporeMahesh,

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken in review our hotel and we are glad to hear that you found the hotel location as convenient to your business trip.

We also noted on your comment on the floor carpets and breakfast selection and highlighted to department heads’ attention.

We wish to see you again and look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Corus.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

it was wonderful time in Malaysia.... we enjoyed our stay with family hotel .......staff r good ,rooms r spacious central location twin tower was just min.walk hotel has a
drop up facility by car over a day three times shuttel.............
happy
thanx :)

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"and has a gr8 view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
CorusHotelKL, Manager at Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Mr. Sanjay P.,

Warm greetings from Corus hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we must say, we are happy to have you as our guest as well!

We appreciate your kind feedback which has also been conveyed to our staff and they are very much encouraged.

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back to Corus soon.

Have a great week ahead.

Marketing and Communication Manager