“One of the WORST hotels I've stayed at in my life!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Seasons Hotel

Grand Seasons Hotel
Ranked #112 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Los Angeles, CA
“One of the WORST hotels I've stayed at in my life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

I just stayed at this hotel last week. It was my first visit in KL and was hoping for a decent hotel. Nothing too fancy; someplace inexpensive with clean rooms. Unfortunately I didn't research hotels beforehand and left everything to my travel agent. Bad move.

The lobby was nice, but once we exited the elevator to our room everything went downhill. We requested a non-smoking room. They gave us a room that smelled of smoke and had an ashtray in it. We politely requested another room. They put us on the "non-smoking floor" (although our neighbors were smoking anyway and the smoke was coming through to our room via the connecting door). The room was disgusting and filthy. There were bugs in our bed, the bathroom was dirty, the walls were thin, the carpets uncleaned, the bed sheets questionable, and the comforter looking like it doubled for unwashed curtains. The front desk staff was rude, rude, rude and always acted as if they were in a hurry. We asked for extra towels and toilet paper - it never came of course, so we had to call again 1 hour later. Our non-smoking floor reaked of cigarette smoke. By our last night, we gave up and just sat quietly in our room, thankful we'd be leaving soon. Also, the breakfast buffet was filthy. The food looked as if it'd been sitting there for days. Yuck.

DO NOT stay at this hotel. It has the potential to ruin your KL stay. Were the positive reviews regarding Grand Seasons written by its employees? I had to double check and visit the hotel website to make sure we were talking about the same place.

• Liked — Our room had a nice view of the city
  • Disliked — Everything! The place is filthy!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

I along with my mother stayed at this Hotel from 27.08.2008 to 30.08.2008. I can say that for vegetarians this place is worst than hell. The room service and housekeeping is pathetic. There is no good sight seeing aroung.

I keep going to KL quite often but this was my 1st & last visit to Grand Seasons

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — all
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

NYK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

This hotel is located in Chow Kit, an infamous area known for its red-light district as well as for its nightly gathering of transwomen. It also used to be a popular haunt for drug addicts, which makes it very UNSAFE for tourists.

The hotel staff was lazy, unprofessional and rude. My room key stopped working twice within 10 hours, I did not receive any apologies from the staff as they reckoned it was acceptable!!! The room was dirty, you can easily spot stains on your bedsheets. The room had shower over bath, the water pressure for the shower was terrible, and the bath tub was so filthy that we had to wear our slippers during the shower. The only good thing I can think about was the buffet breakfast, but again hygiene was an issue too.

It is indeed the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in, WILL NOT RETURN and WILL NOT recommend it to anyone, EVER!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything, especially the service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie19
Norway, Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

I got a room with a double bed for 60USD a night at this marvelous hotel. I travelled around the world with my girlfriend and came here as a first stop in Malaysia, what a "soft landing" it was. We absolutely loved this hotel. A *great* bargain at 60USD, feels like a 4 star hotel for sure. The buffets served here were really increddible, for dinner we had the "International Buffet" which was mindblowing. Breakfast buffet was also fantastic.
If they had refurbished the rooms and done some minor things, this could easily be a 5star hotel. Don't be fended of by the reception, the rest of the package is really really good. The rest of the hotel staff are really friendly and helpful. Beds were soft and nice. Gym, pool, bar, business lounge with wlan +++

Oh, and I booked it through wotif.com

truly recommended

• Liked — A really nice hotel at a *really* good price
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Unixhero
selangor
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2008

A family with 1 children, staying for one night, requested a NON-Smoking Room - a simple request which cannot be fullied by this hotel.
On arrival, request for bell service to bring luggages out of car, they acknowledged your present but continue with their chit-chat, very sad. Thus I have to carry my own luggages.
Upon check in, I am carrying 4-pcs of luggage, yet the concieges, receptionist and security officers do not offer any assistance.
Safely reach our room, room is clean with a good view of KLCC and its surrounding and we are happy, that is before we see the cockroaches...
Woke up, smokes gets into your nose! Ring the reception, guess what, the room you are staying is a smoking room!
We ask why our request was not meet and even being informed during check-in time?
The reply is our non-smoking floor is close for renovation.
Q : But why not telling us earlier?
A : Sorry, maybe our college forgot to tell you.
Q : We have mentioned clearly before reservation and before arriving to the hotel, we would like to have a non-smoking room. A : Er....I can upgrade you to a higher floor, if you are willing to.
However, we decline and thanks her for her offers, we felt really dissappointed, thus shorten our stay and opt for an early check out.
Telling the truth and making alternative offer to your guest is important. Acknowledgement and offering prompt service is a must.
The management fail to ensure their guest receive a good service and sensational stay in their hotel. They fail to provide a safe and clean environment to their guest and their staff too.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank 126g
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2008

Check-in took 30 minutes as hotel lost my online booking. The reception staff were hopeless and disinterested. Room was on the 25th floor with dirty windows. Air conditioner not powerful enough to cope with the heatwave conditions. Even on its coldest setting, the room was like a sauna. Bathroom lights not working. Breakfast was a disaster, not one table spare on all three mornings as it was over-run with Indian tourists and the food quality was poor. Only 1 english-speaking channel on TV which was a disappointment. The hotel was 10 minutes walk to the monorail (which was always packed) along dangerous roads and broken footpaths. The whole experience was a shambles! Never again.

• Stayed December 2007
3 Thank rjb872
kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2007

i have recently been to KL and fortunately stayed in this very hotel. By profession i am a tour cordinator and an escort. So i had taken a group of 40 people to Grand seasons. I got the room in 22 floor. it was a deluxe room and in one word the room was excellent. the staff over there are friendly and the breakfast seems to be ok. My group member also liked the place. Overall the stay there was a real worth experience becoz of the room i got as i could see the twin tower from my bed.

Stayed October 2007