“Bad service”

Grand Seasons Hotel
Ranked #109 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Bad service”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I got sick while I was on vacation. I called the front desk to ask for paracetamol. Front desk said They cannot buy it for me so I have to go down in the lobby to buy it myself. I told them i cannot and since my daughter is just a kid i couldn't allow her to go down herself. The lady I spoke to was very dismissive and was very apathetic. She didn't even asked if I could manage to go down. ( i couldn't because i am having chills and have high fever as of the moment). She just wants the call to be over and to get rid of me. I was dozing in and out of conciousness so my daughter was forced to go down but they said they are closed and directed her to the nearest hospital whoch accordging to them , 3 min walk. No assistance offered whatsoever. From experience and from years of travelling a hotel must have a nurse on standby on cases like this. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Pia C
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Pia C,

Your comments are very much appreciated and the associate team really appreciates the time you have taken to highlight these matters.

The associates received your call requesting for paracetamol and towel, the towel was delivered and the associate notified you that the medication can be purchased from the grocery store located within the hotel premises, apparently it was closed when your daughter arrived.
However, the associate offered to escort your daughter to the hospital which is right behind our hotel.
As per standard hotel policy, staffs are not allowed to give any prescription to guest as we wouldn’t know if guest may have allergies to medicine. We request your kind understanding on this matter.

Terry J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mangalore, India
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I Booked this hotel through my travel agent & was made to understand it was a 4 star. I have never heard of a 4 star were you don't even get Hand Towels. Only 1 soap was provided & no Shaving Kit or Dental Kit. Rooms & Bathrooms very old with dirty Shower Curtains. Horrible service with Arrogant Staff. Breakfast was disgusting. I wonder How the rating Agency grant it a 4 star. Malaysia claims 2014 as a year of tourism. I am writing to their embassy on the horrible experience we had in KL. The stay here spoiled my holiday which I had earlier enjoyed over 8 nights at Macau, Hongkong & Penang.

Room Tip: Always check with trip advisor before booking your hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank domingo_rebello
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Domingo,

Thank you for your comments; we would like to inform you that your room booking was done under group booking by your travel agent. The room booked was under Deluxe category, we only provide amenities to these rooms upon request.

The housekeeping departmental has changed the room shower curtains and the chefs have a great breakfast menu on rotation. We are really trying to give all our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and introducing you to our fabulous breakfast spread.

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Bottom line for the prices charged, service is terrible. I should have realised when I called the hotel via phone something was wrong where I was bounced around to 5 different people just to make a reservation.
When I arrived to check in, the first thing I noted was no one was bothered to pick up my bags. Then when I checked in, I was told I booked into the deluxe room but over the phone I booked for the crest suite.

Lifts were down.... Took ages to get to the room. Rooms were bloody dated. No Slippers, toothbrush, towels provided were torn etc etc. Breakfast is very below average.
Was given complimentary dinner at their India restaurant which was a joke. Considering the entire hotel was jam packed with Indians the Indian restaurant was atrocious. The chapati and paratha was the same. Even worse they made it from a Ready Made Packet! At least hide that from ure guest! Restaurant was so dated it's no surprise hardly anyone was eating there. I would never pay to have a meal in that place for sure. The manager of Indian restaurant was helpful and friendly though.
Reception staff should be sacked. As I was registering I overheard how they were treating other guest especially the foreign ones. They were rude and insulted them in Malay. It's ironic since the foreigners seem to be the main clientèle of this hotel that they are ill treated.

Buck up!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank drdeepy
Dear Dr. Deepy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at our Hotel.

We have checked on your room booking, it was the Great Grand Seasons Deal for 3 days 2 nights for a Deluxe Room; the deal comes with complimentary breakfast and dinner on the second night. A special request was made for Wifi, as for amenities it will be sent to your room only upon request for Deluxe Room category.
We apologized for the bellman service as they were busy during the time of your arrival and were unable to attend to you immediately, as for the reception staff stern action will taken by the management.
Your comments on the Indian Restaurant, we have notified our chefs and thank you for complimenting the Restaurant Manager.

We have currently upgraded two our lifts with high speed service for our guest and the rest to be ready by August 2014. Thank you for bearing with the lifts during your stay, we assure on your next trip they will be fully operational.
We appreciate your feedback as it motivates us to work towards improving our hotel standards and to live up to your expectations the next time you visit us again.

Alor Setar, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night. The hotel full house. Tourist from india which i can say 3-4 bus and the lift (6) was on renovation. Only 1 can be use and my room on 19th. My husband waited for 1hour++ just to get to our room! At receptionist,most of the guest make complain and all they can say was sorry and bear with it in mean time.
Upon our check out we used back lift 4 of them only can be use 2, which is for staffs and housekeeping. This the worst part,we were stuck for almost 30min and guest was 7person. The lift was crowded and no air plus my husband had a asthma. So we had a bad experience and wont come again.
My advice,please inform guest b4 check in what the probs on that day and just schedule your maintenance work or repair/renovate 1lift at one time. Dont just give the reason bcos we dont pay for the reason.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nasrilnisa
Dear Nasrilnisa,

Your comments are very much appreciated and the associates’ team really appreciates the time you have taken to highlight these matters.

We have currently two new high speed lifts installed, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We have checked with our associates and the lift was stuck for only 4 minutes. All lifts are fully monitored by the security and engineering team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was at the Grand season for a medical seminar and I was pleasantly surprised that the coffee house served very delicious food! Perhaps from other reviews the hotel lacks good service but I would definitely come back to its Coffee House, much better than many 5 star hotel buffets!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kish Island, Iran
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The lobby is nice and rooms are big it is kind of old hotel and sheets are not clean I found hairs on them. If you need internet your room should be upgraded and this tall KL hotel only had 2 working lift so usually you should spend around 20 minutes to use the lift they have excuse of renewing lifts but I think this not customers problem and if they want to renew they should cancel checking in guests. Breakfast is not good at all only some indian foods no cheese at all only one kind of jam inside the big pot which you should fill in your plate, no welcome drink served, in rooms tooth brush and slippers are not available an if you want you should call housekeeping for providing, the area is not safe so try to not walk around specially at nights and the most funniest part was after check in they gave me the cards and said go to your room in 25'th level without any guide an no bell boy was available. I think their services are for low class 3 star hotel and you may call it 4 star just because of bath tub.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Meysamrez
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Mr. Meysamrez,

Greetings from Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at our Hotel.

We will certainly check on the room you stayed and the bed sheetings, thank you for bearing with us, we appreciate your comments on our large room. There will be two lifts ready for use by 16 May 2014 and the comments on the breakfast menu we have notified our chefs.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 25 April 2014

One of the best hotels in tallest criteria. i was on 34th floor and scenery was awesome. room interior was so decent. but problem with only escalator which was not working properly rather than everything was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hardik287
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Greetings from Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at our Hotel. Thank you for all the great comments.

We are currently upgrading our lifts to provide our guests better service in future. Thank You for bearing with us.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit!

Mr. Terry J