“An objective review”

Pacific Regency Hotel Suites
Ranked #71 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“An objective review”
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

I had a pleasant stay for 2D1N at PRHS. The hotel was very generous to upgrade my superior suite to an executive suite. The suite was spacious and I had a stupendous view of the Petronas Twin Tower from the living room. Nevertheless, there are still some areas for improvement- firstly the front desk staff seemed to be disorganized in their work and displayed an obvious lack in training. I was told initially that my room was ready but shortly later, I was told it wasn't clean yet. After I received my room key n got to the room, I couldn't open the door and I gotta go back to the front desk to activate my room key! The cleanliness of the suite was another area that should be given more attention. The sofas were moderately stained, the top of the cupboards were dusty and the kitchen was infested with ants. Tried the Thai restaurant at the 23rd floor but i think the quality of food was only so-so despite of many past positive reviews.  I have tasted much better thai food elsewhere. The swimming poor was old and dirty. Alot of uncleared glasses still lying around maybe from the poolside party the night before. No service staff was present or towels provided. In spite if all these issues, I would still recommend this hotel to families as the room was really spacious and good for kids to run around.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I selected the hotel based on the price and location. It was the best choice for the day in the area. I had to stay 1 night only so would accept almost anything in decent standard.
Location is very good, opposite KL Tower, close to the heart of the city centre.
I was surprised by the size of room, I got the suite which for this price is really unusual. Suite was huge, kitchen included, I didnt need all this but I suppose for people staying few days on the holiday trip it would be great.
I read some reviews with complaints about the rooftop bar noise, for me, even though I stayed on 31st floor it was not a problem, I barely could hear anything.
Overall good stay and if I am back on longer trip and the price is still as good I will choose the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was our second stay at Pacific Regency. Staff apologetic about our room not being ready on check-in (hotel was full & many guests wanted late checkout - we were happy to wait). About 15 mins later we were told our room was now ready & we had been upgraded to an Executive suite on the 31st floor - Luxury! The equivalent of a spacious modern apartment - lay in bed & see Petronas Towers, sit at the dining table & see KL Tower across the street. Floor to ceiling windows in the corner kitchen allowed wonderful views of the KL skyline. Huge spacious Lounge/Dining area. Comfortable bed with 2nd TV in the bedroom & huge ensuite bathroom with a shower the size of a walk-in wardrobe. Hotel location is excellent with KLCC, Chinatown, Little India, Bukit Bintang, Underground Rail & Monorail all within 10-20 minutes walking distance. The ground floor cafe (Geo) has excellent freshly cooked fried noodle breakfasts (Mee Kuay Teow etc) for RM2.50 & really decent espresso for caffeine addicts. If you need to do laundry, the hotel has very reasonably priced washing machines for hire with dryers available at no extra cost. All the staff we dealt with were professional, friendly, polite & helpful with minimal fuss. And of course, as everyone mentions, the rooftop pool, apart from being very pleasant for swimming, has some of the best views in KL outside the Petronas & KL Towers.

All this for approx. $100 Australian per night! (including taxes). Book via the hotel's own website to get great Earlybird deals. I'm not aware of any other hotels in KL who provide this standard at this price.

2 Thank Adrian M
Malacca Town, Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We checked in on March 18th 2012 and did not think much of the hotel due to the facade of which this hotel lobby was located on the 7th Floor of an office block. However after checking in, we found that the service, location, room quality and staff friendliness and attentiveness was impeccable. Coupled with a superb fine dining restaurant and breathtaking poolside bar at the rooftop, makes this one of the best hotels we have stayed in along this location. To add to this, we found the location of the hotel close to all the major tourist sites i.e KL Tower, Twin Towers, Bukit Bintang Walk and many more making our visit very convenient. As it was a birthday celebration for my husband, we noticed the staff really went out of their way to make our celebration very memorable and sweet. We definitely give this hotel the thumbs up for all its qualities and recommend other travelers to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephenchin68
Perth, WA 6004
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Large suite - massive bathroom shower and separate bathtub, kitchenette and lounge. Very spacious, modern and clean.

The only negative would be that their beds are too short. We requested a king size and it appears they had pushed together two smaller beds (which is fine) but the length barely fit my 6"1 partner.

The rooftop bar is worth a mention as it has fabulous views, however their drinks are at an exorbitant price so use the guest voucher and go during happy hour!!

The hotel location is fantastic as it was within walking distance to bukit bintang, shopping centres, markets and we discovered this great outdoor restaurant stalls that does amazing food about 5minute walk. It's always easy to figure out how to walk back as you just look for KL Tower and walk towards it.

Will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank happley8may
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2012

There is nothing to complain about. We stayed for 4 nights and were upgraded to an Executive Suite on arrival. We had views across Bukit Nanas and KL Tower from the extremely clean and comfortable bedroom and views across KLCC and Petronas out of the dining area. We really didn't want to leave. The staff were lovely, polite and helpful at all times. There was construction work happening locally, however it didn't hinder our sleep. My husband ate breakfast in the small cafe downstairs and was happy with the choices available, I was happy to eat locally purchased fruit from the shops and markets that are so accessible from Pacific Regency, even when it rains. We loved our early swims at the pool, with the fluffy warm towels provided when you get out. This was our second stay at Pacific Regency and it definitely will not be the last.

Room Tip: Take pot luck