“Good Facilities at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites

Pacific Regency Hotel Suites
Ranked #78 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Facilities at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at Pacific Regency for 1 night as a last minute rush and came back with a good experience. The only opportunity i observed was the long wait time at the reception counter to get a key card and the long wait while checking out as well.

The rooms are reasonable priced with an excellent breakfast menu. Dont expect the mile long breakfast buffet seen at 5-stars, but they have very good spread and variety which took me by surprise.

The rooms were very spacious with good storage space provided and so were the bathrooms. A surprise was the free mini-bar which was well equipped with refreshments.

The location is a plus point since most of the places are walking distance. You also have a taxi stand outside the hotel if you dont prefer to pay for the expensive hotel taxi services.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit KL and pay a reasonable price to for decent services

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear pkppankaj,

Thank you for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so that we can provide you with a more pleasant experience.
The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed three night and had a wonderful time. The room are large with a kitchen and both shower and bath tub. I did not have a good very but I was opposite side of the Mendara tower. The staff are truly professionals and the free breakfast was great. One of the best places I have stayed but the elevates are very slow and made alot of noise that I could hear it from my room.

Room Tip: Try to stay onside of the Mendara tower.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear richj65,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with Pacific Regency Hotel Suites. We welcome you back again soon. Thank you!
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights room were very much spacious and equipped with all kitchen apparatus for optional cooking .Our room faced to twin towers it was an amazing view at night.Staffs were friendly .Location were good .Twin towers can be visited by foot.Did a saving for city tour since the location were at the city .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greeting from Pacific Regency Hotel Suites! Thank you for staying with us and we truly appreciate for your feedback. We are glad you had a wonderful experience with Pacific Regency Hotel Suites and we look forward to welcoming you back again to Pacific Regency Hotel Suites!
Dhaka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am shocked and surprised to find it from my Credit Card provider that Pacific Regency has been holding 300 RM deposit days after check out without reason. My bank is considering it as a normal transaction and charging me. Why is Pacific Regency doing that? It is simply outrageous. No hotel has ever done that to me, not in Malaysia also.

When we selected Pacific Regency, we were so excited about staying there on our holiday. But I was upset as soon as I entered the lobby. A small one that can be compared with 3* hotels only. Reception desk is also small like 3* at best. I don't mean that lobby is everything, but 4* hotels must offer a decent lobby and this is the first impression. However, they do have staff in the concierge who are helpful. Room Service is average.

Rooms and bathrooms are specious and clean. There are hotplates in the kitchen but no crokeries. Beds are very small although comfortable. I have never seen so small beds in any 4* and above hotels anywhere. Occasionally we found ACs not working. Location is not bad as it is adjacent to the KL Tower entrance. Raja Chulan Monrail station is about 10 minutes walk. However, if you would like to walk in to the hotel, it's a little difficult due to it's up hill position. I would never return due to the deposit issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marc2000
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear marc2000,
Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear about your experience at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites recently. We would appreciate it if you could extend to us your name, date of stay and email, to expedite with investigations and we will keep you posted on our findings.
gm@pacific-regency.com
marcom@pacific-regency.com
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We LOVED this hotel. As a couple that were visiting KL for the first time we were quite worried about choosing the right place but our expectations were exceeded. Our room was upgraded on check-in and it was HUGE! The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The shower and bath were large too, I hate pokey showers! My fiancé used the gym every morning too and said it was quite well equipped for a hotel.
The staff were so friendly, we ate breakfast in the hotel every morning and had a few drinks in the bar every night before bed. The location is fairly close to everything, we weren't right in the centre but we found walking into the city centre great as we got to explore a little more. It took us maybe 10 minutes maximum to get to the shopping centres. KL Tower is directly opposite the hotel too and the hop-on, hop-off bus tour stops here so we found that really convenient.
We will be planning another trip to KL hopefully early next year and we will definitely be staying at Pacific Regency again. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frankie1901
Dear Frankie1901 ,
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Having stayed at The Pacific Regency numerous times over the last 5 years I have seen it steadily decline in its levels of service and staff courtesy. On two occassions in the last year I have stayed at the hotel and the 300RM deposit "held" on my credit card has actually been reserved as 30,000RM and 3,000RM respectively. These ammounts are held for more than a week, meaning these "mistakes" render the card unusable for this period. In light of this, the last time I stayed I refused to give a credit card but instead paid 300RM in cash as way of deposit. Despite being a regular customer the staff treated me like a second class guess, snearing at me and arguing that I could not be trusted with room service and needed to pay cash each time because I had not reserved the deposit on my credit card.

Truly terrible service and I will never be staying at this hotel again, despite more than 20+ previous visits. I will also be happily advising anyone I can to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Adam P
Dear Adam P,
We would like to thank you for spending your time to inform us that our service did not meet your expectations. It will be very helpful if you send us your name, date of stay during these incidents and email address in order to us to investigate and do our best to make sure that you will trust to Pacific Regency Hotel Suites again as for your next visit.
gm@pacific-regency.com
marcom@pacific-regency.com

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Well what I can say bout this hotel is the room is spacious totally love it. It have a kitchen which I think is cool haha tho we didn't cook hahaha everything were nice spacious bathroom too . And for me an asian lady with the height of 152cm the bathrobe looks like a gown to me people should start designing some smaller ones eh haha oh there was a staff a Chinese guy i didn't bring my room card as my bf was in the room and I went to the rooftop bar and pool so I cant get to my room floor so I went to the counter and ask if he could help me ( I was wearing flip flops and simple dress you won't think I stay at a 5 star hotel ) and he just look at me and talk to other customer SO I decided to come back after 15 mins and talk to a woman at the counter and luckily she was friendly . So I think that was so rude of him pfft anyway blablabla its a nice hotel :)

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loretta W
Dear Loretta W,
Thank you for your feedback and sharing with us here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments which are very important for further improvement. We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so that we can provide you with a more pleasant experience.