“Lives up to its name - a home from home!”

MiCasa All Suite Hotel
Ranked #65 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Lives up to its name - a home from home!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Mi Casa three times now since November 2012 for 4 week periods and I feel like I know this all suite /apartment /Hotel well and I highly recommend it.

Mi Casa will suit you if you want clean and spacious low rise accommodation which morphs hotel and apartment living, giving the best of both worlds.

The service is friendly, efficient and polite. With staff going the extra mile to ensure comfort. Reception staff and housekeeping give a strong service. Friendly greetings as you come and go with porters offering assistance to carry shopping bags, hail taxi's etc.

Margaret Ong runs a tight ship in the housekeeping front. Gifts of fresh fruit and eggs appear in the kitchenette which are lovely. The housekeepers thoroughly clean the room and change linen daily.

The small gym is well equipped, never crowded, and the salt water pool is great for adults and kids. The only fault I can find is that it is difficult to get any poolside seevice for drinks/ snacks etc.

Good to have a choice of three places to eat. The Deli stands out. Try the beef sandwich it is amazing. Cilantro is costly but a real foodie experience.

Small restaurants are located in the same road plus a French cafe/ bakery which sells home made quiche, cakes and the like.

It takes approx 15 - 20 minutes to walk to KLCC via the park or a cab costs MYR 10. Mi Casa provides a complementary shuttle buss 3 times a day to key areas.

This is a centrally located hotel which is quiet and caters for both business people as well as tourists.

I will be back here frequently and look forward to my return. I held off writing this review until I had stayed three times to ensure I had a consistent experiences to pass on.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank KateMcKay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nicaragua
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Micasa Hotel is very good for week or longer stays, especially with children.
For short stays in Kuala Lumpur I would rather choose a Hotel you can walk
to restaurants and shops, from Micasa you can walk but it is like 15 minutes
in hot and humid weather.

On the plus side, rooms are big, clean and well equiped.
Staff is very nice and friendly, all our requests have been quickly resolved.
We find the gym and pool very pleasant, clean and modern.
Our room has been very quiet and all guest and staff very polite.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank alacayo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Currently staying in MiCasa on business until someday, hopefully, the serviced apartment becomes available. My workplace just keeps extending my stay here.

Cons:

If your microwave doesn't work, you'll have to tell them about it repeatedly, repeatedly the front desk staff will sound very apologetic and repeatedly the problem will not be fixed, with no sign anybody even attempted to fix it.

Don't be surprised if every couple of days you have to advise staff there's a stomping from the above or adjacent room; apparently this is pretty standard in hotels so I guess there's nothing that can be done there. EDIT: I just tapped on my ceiling to see if the people above me would get the hint, and it felt like it was designed to amplify sound.

Cleaning staff may or may not replace all the towels you use. You will be lucky if they know what a face washer is and that they need to replace it. They may or may not replace things such as clothes detergent.

They have a sign hanging in the bathroom saying that they're trying to be green, so if you don't want your towels washed then hang them up. They will always take every single towel for washing, regardless.

If you switch on 'do not disturb', they will make sure to call your room to see if you really don't wish to be disturbed. If you're there, they will disturb you, if not then they will clean your room.

I found it somewhat amusing when I left the room in the morning on the day of 'earth hour', switching off all my lights as I did so. When I came back late that night I found a notice asking me to participate in earth hour by switching off my lights, which is funny because the service staff left on something like 4 lights and the bathroom fan (one more light than usual). One time I came back and the TV was turned on.

Twice they left the room power turned off; one of those times they actually took the card and I had to go to the front desk to get it back.

I believe they stopped greeting me on my return at the end of each day a fortnight ago.

I had to throw the provided bath robes in the sink to get them washed. I know they didn't replace them when I found them folded up one time as one of them was identifiable by a broken belt loop.

There's no top sheet on the bed. What guarantee do I have that the doona cover is replaced every day ? Or even every week ? I think I have no choice tomorrow but to throw it in the sink... they can't put a wet cover back on a bed. Basically, the staff might be providing me with clean towels and bed linen, but they can't be trusted to do so.

Not great reception on the TV. Also the movie channels seem to be on an endless loop. i.e. in the time I've been here (about a month) all the movies have been on at least 3 times.

The first time my stay here was due to expire, it had already been extended but I still received a "our records indicate you're checking out tomorrow" note. I had to call the front desk to make sure this wasn't true and then get my card re-activated the next day when the reader in the lift wouldn't accept it.

Pros:

Buffet breakfast is good and the breakfast staff is top notch. Nothing bad to say about that.

Large TV, good for watching things you downloaded yourself.

Fast enough WiFi for my liking.

Spacious room.

Great bathroom despite no bath.

The English-speaking staff are great (although I've had little need of them).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anonymous U
Bangalore
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The room was a very pleasant surprise. It is well furnished wih kitchenette, DVD player, large tv, Microwave etc and can easily accomodate a family of 4. The A/C was not functionig well in my room and i was too busy with my conference to bother raising a request. I am certain they would have taken care of it. The pool was well maintained and breakfast buffet had vareity everyday. I ate twice their lunch buffet and it too was good. All staff is very friendly and attentive.

The hotel is close to Ampang Park LRT station, KLCC and Petronas Towers. Unless you use the LRT, taxi is the only other alternative for travel. Since this was an offical trip and taken care by my company, i regrettably cannot comment on the value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vagaboundgal
florida
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at mi casa for about a month in February. The room was great- dvd player, kitchenette, view of the pool. The shower was amazing. The staff spoke great english, was friendly, and always helpful. Several times I tried to order in food from outside places and they always quickly volunteered to facilitate. The pool was never crowded and I was always able to get a lounger. The cleaning folks were amazing- I never folded anything the entire time I was there. The only small things that could be improved are:

- food. The tapas restaurant was not good. I didn't have a single good meal there. The menu wasn't very exciting and the food was never appealing. I got undercooked fish several times.
- The smoking area for the restaurant is adjacent to the pool.
- The gym was always really, really warm- especially in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ranegrrll
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed here for four weeks after I had surgery The MiCasa was recommended by the hospital I went through. Staff are attentive - especially the room cleaners. They folded any clothes not in the cupboard, made my books nice and neat on the bedside table and lined our shoes up under the coffee table. They even put a dish in the bathroom for my earrings and bangles I kept leaving on the kitchen bench. Little things like that were always nice to come back to.

The rooms have their own kitchenette with a stove, pots and pans, full size fridge, oven etc. This was really good if you felt like making something for yourself. They're comfortable and reasonably spacious - we were here for a month and didn't find it claustrophobic. Beds are comfy, bathrooms are modern and the shower is huge. It was nice to have a couch and coffee table in front of the tv and a computer desk for our laptop. Free wifi was great and when we realised we forgot our adaptor for our electrical items the hotel provided one complimentary. Apparently they've spent RM$85million on renovations in recent years and it shows. Everything is new and fresh.

It does feel a bit isolative as it's right in the middle of the embassy district and there is nothing around in walking distance. It can get a little monotonous having to constantly catch taxis. The only reason I wouldn't return is because of location.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NaomiGreen
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms. P'ng Guan Jie for helping me a lot on my wedding day to book 2 executives room suite. She is very attentives & willing to help with fast reply email and same goes with all the staff at Micasa All Suite hotel that I encountered. My family were planning to have Chinese customary wedding-tea ceremony inside the suite & everything run smoothly. All my relatives love this quiet place & feel like home. Full facilities inside the suite & the size area is about 1,200 sq ft (if not mistaken). It's quite big place that can fits about 30 people inside the suite. The hotel management even so kind enough to help us to do some simple decor on our bed; all thanks to their house keeping (Wan, Azam, Ila, Esah, Mas, Ain & Intan) - well done!

We also tried their simple snack at "The Deli" (just far right from the lobby) & their simple sandwiches; it's really taste awesome & delicious. Yummy! Next to "The Deli" outside got laundry facility & gym opened from early morning til late night (11pm). Got bistro & restaurant that called "The Tapas" that you shouldn't missed too. Swimming pool available & quite near to KLCC & Jalan Yap Kwan Seng (if got transportation).

We enjoyed our stay here & it is our memorable wedding night to stay here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple