“Nice hotel for a short trip”

MiCasa All Suite Hotel
Ranked #74 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The MiCasa All Suite Hotel is a pleasant hotel for a short (business) trip. The non-smoking room I have stayed in (1 bedroom superior suite king) was spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet. The bed was just perfect. The breakfast was good but I missed a variety of fresh tropical fruits and fresh juices. The swimming pool is rather big and well kept. The hotel staff was professional and friendly. The only thing that I did not like was the very bad WiFi connection in the room. I was forced to sit in the lobby to get connected. Take also in consideration that the hotel is located in a rather boring part of town (big office towers, embassies and a busy highway). The nearest Monorail station is 'Ampang Park' (at least 20 minutes walking).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 October 2013

100% recommend this place!

I stayed here for 5 nights with 6 guys in each room (we got 2 rooms) for a bux.

The complimentary breakfast was decent and the pool was quite big. The Wifi was horrible. Only one person could be logged on per ID. Definitely a room for improvement.

As for the hotel staff, they were polite and caught us cabs when we needed to get to places. It was our first time in KL and we did find quickly that metering taxis were very rare.

Other than that, we had an awesome time and would definitely recommend the large rooms because there are 3 large bathrooms for a room for 6 which works out to be great if you are travelling as couples.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Nice place .. very close proximity to Jal Tun Razak.
Studio rooms are very small and they are bit pricey. They have 2 tennis courts maintained in good condition.

The nearest LRT is Ampang Park with lots of dining options and shopping area for daily needs.
Only recommended if you work close by else, with few bucks more you can get apartment near KLCC.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunil0217
Reviewed 4 September 2013

For couples on a honeymoon or for a short trip of say less than a week duration, maybe this hotel is a good option. I stayed here for almost a month had my share of fights with some receptionists who were not polite. The breakfast area is good, the swimming pool is big enough for a group to play water sports. One problem here was the not so good internet connectivity - could be a local issue what with the location of wireless routers relative to your room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ramases007
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ok for one or two nights try staying for 3 months it not something i would ever want to go throught again.......... where do we start

Ok American Breakfast included with your stay.......... Really i have been here for nigh on 3 months now and had breakfast for the first couple of weeks, This is where it all fell apart for me. Got fed up with chicken sausages and Beef bacon which is all thats on offer as in near to an American breakfast, so went for the soft boiled eggs with some nice bread to dip in the yolk........... Ok day one boiled eggs RAW day two boiled eggs RAW. COmplained told it would be sorted out DAY 3,4,5,6,7 Boiled eggs RAW. Day 8 offered to show how to cook a boiled egg...... Answer no need we have our executive chef cook for you........ Day 8 boiled eggs RAW. Day 9 wrote instructions on how to cook a perfect boiled egg........ Day 9 boiled eggs RAW gave up have had one breafast since. OH I did get a call whilst i was cooking my own breakfast (pork bacon and sausage with eggs) in the room to ask if the execuive chef could bring some boiled eggs to me......... Politely refused. Dinner menu........ Has not changed in 3 months....... And not that good to start with so had room service meals brought to the room....... Guess what........ Allways cold so stopped having room service......... Tried the ALA CARTE restaurant pleasantly good, But the price not so pleasent 2 people 2 bottles of wine and 4 course menu that didnt exactly fill you up worked out too GBP 250 BUT thought well we can use this once a week as a treat. Went to go in there Friday 9th August Guess what Closed for the holiday.... Great service there eh. What else Oh yes Taxi stand with a taxi on standby to take you where and when you want to go .......... BUT only if you are there when they are not busy elswhere AND I have been refused a taxi there because i wasnt going far enough...... I do it every day and its 2.5 KMs so evidently i can walk that in the rain.all in all the Staff are Nice in the main but the hotel i would not give a thankyou for and will never advise anyone to stay here for more than 3 days tops, You will be very dissapointed if you do.Oh and the last thing internet keeps going down and nothing in the way of an apology so i have to go into work on the weekends and holidays rather than having some quality time with my wife. COME AT YOUR PERIL YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Room Tip: If you are staying here more than a week make sure you get a two bedroomed apartment as you will by...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 826des
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at the MiCasa Hotel for 2 Months for business, and was less than impressed. First of all I was lucky if I could connect or stay connected to the Internet for more than 5 minutes at a time. I complained to the front desk to which they looked puzzled. I spent a weekend at a crappy 30 dollar a night hotel in Thailand tat had better internet than this place.

The first day I went down to Tapas for breakfast and told them I wasn't sure if breakfast was included for me. They lied and said it wasn't ( I later found out it was) so I had to pay 25 ringgit for a terrible breakfast. I could never get my money back for the breakfast. The staff at Tapas is not friendly or helpful. They could never get my room service order right and then blamed me for not being able to understand.the front desk staff isn't helpful either. Also their beverages were past expiration date. I was supposed to have free tokens for laundry each month but the lady insisted on charging me ( later told by another staff member that she shouldn't have charged me and couldn't get my money back). Not friendly or welcoming. The on,u staff that ever said hello were security when I first walked into the hotel.

Housekeeping was very attentive to my needs, but almost too attentive. If I kept the do not disturb sign up for more than one day, they would call me room until I answered to figure out if I truly didn't want to be disturbed. If I didn't answer, they would come in and clean my room anyway and just leave a note. I didn't need my sheets changed or towels changed everyday- I found it very obnoxious.

The rooms are nice and spacious with cooking supplies in case you are here long term; which was nice for when I wanted to make a trip to the grocery store. But, TV channels are limited and even if you have a non smoking room you can still smell smoke through the vents from other floors.

Also, on,y take their taxi service if you are going to the airport- otherwise y are overpriced and unreliable. Asked for a cab on a hit day to go to the grocery store and they told me they couldn't call a cab at that time of day- whining was okay with until a few minutes later a cab showed up for a customer after me.

Next time I'm here for business I will choose to stay closer to the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cat G
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed at this hotel, we had a one bedroom superior suit. The room was huge! Very clean, very modern, 4poster bed, flat screen tv, we had our own kitchen and a lovely bathroom. Staff were very helpful and polite. Lovely pool, walking distance to towers, lovely hotel, would definitely staff again.

• Stayed: July 2013