“A potentially great hotel”

OYO 161 Paradize Hotel
Ranked #268 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Myself and three friends stayed in the budget rooms and had a pretty rough time sleeping as there was a beeping noise coming from the building behind us, through the bathroom windows that would not shut, with a bathroom door that didn't seem to latch properly. This hotel has a ton of potential as it's in a great location, could be very stylish, but seems to have run out of money as the large fountain (not pool) was a little dirty and parts of the building were still under construction. I did get a chance to eat at the restaurant which served delicious Thai food, and our rooms were pretty clean- but in the end, we had to change our reservation and did not receive any kind of refund. Despite the receptionist knowing about the noise problem, no attempt was made to change our rooms for another at the same rate, without the noise. It's too bad, really. This could be a four star hotel with a few smart changes!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the budget rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laressa M

Reviewed 14 March 2012

This place is small but on a great location - next to the monorail station, close to all main attractions. Rooms are clean and big enough with AC and most important clean bathroom. Breakfast is great - buffet style.
Staff was friendly and professional.

I would recommend this hotel, it has best value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anajiTijana
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was in Kuala Lumpur in November and I took a room in this hotel. The hotel itself is just outside the Raja Chulan Monorail station. Most the main nightlife attractions of Kuala Lumpur (like Jalan Ramlee or Bukit Bitang) are at walking distance.
The rooms in the hotel are large and clean. The staff is very freindly and helpful on giving any information needed. When I'll come back to Kuala Lumpur, this hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: I've not special suggestion. The room I had was very nice, and I didn't see other rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was actually here July 1 to 5, 2010, so this review is ridiculously late. I stayed here with my husband and two year old. The location is good as we could walk to KLCC park which has a splash pool with waterfall and a huge playground complex, the aquarium, etc. I would say that we could "easily walk" there except that it is very hard to walk anywhere in KL.
If you like big malls (with Louis Vuitton, Prada, etc.), this hotel is in a great location. Unfortunately, the hotel was still under renovation when we were there. We couldn't use the front entrance most of the time and halls and elevator looked unfinished, etc. Also, I was hoping that they might have opened the pool to swimming by the time we got there, but I think they don't mean to do this. It is just to look at!
There was a safe in the wall near the door of the room which was at a good height for a kid to play with the buttons. We never used it but I had to get somebody to come to the room a couple times when my kid set off a kind of constant beeping alarm. The staff were good-natured.
Breakfast was edible, I guess, nothing great. We had to cross to another building, up and down stairs with a stroller, to get to it. There is a great Hakka restaurant not far. Lots of good restaurants around.
The hotel's lounge on the corner was like something out of Austin Powers.
I believe that the hotel had wifi, but our iPad had been stolen in Langkawi. We eventually moved to another hotel (Anggun) that had a computer with internet in every room, so I could spend time booking flights, etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2011

After having a very bad experience in Classic Inn , we chose Lodge Paradize Hotel and at least we were very lucky this time. Lodge Paradize Hotel has the best value for money. Its location is great, the staff is very professional, kind, friendly, helpful...the rooms are spacious, quiet, clean, with air conditioning, toilet, safe box... The breakfast is huge and self service!! Plenty food!! and lot of asian dishes and also western breakfast too. This hotel is a very good choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank casassabaris
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The hotel is in a very good location. Raja Chulan monorail station is very near (less than a minute walking distance) from the hotel so transportation around Kuala Lumpur is easy. It is also very near the first stop of the KL Hop-On-Hop-Off City Tour bus.

Although, they are still renovating the hotel so the place is still not that nice. The area for the breakfast is in a separate building and is open so the cleanliness in the dining area is quite doubtful for me. The food they served were the same everyday and there were only very few choices. The rooms and the bathrooms were quite clean. The hotel rate is quite expensive to think that they are still undergoing renovation and the elevator is old.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The basic rooms are simple and have to be careful not to invite the mosquitos but they are quite large and a good bathroom. Breakfast is good value and being situated with a restaurant that is open long hours serving good food with friendly staff is a bonus. Roght next to the LRT and very close to major shopping / entertainment areas. Service is usually friendly and effecient even if the systems are also a bit basic. No free wi fi in basic room, the communal area communes with mosquitos but the restaurant has got free wi fi.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo