“Worst service ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lodge Paradize Hotel
Ranked #229 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Worst service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

This hotel has the worst possible service. The manager and staff from the reception right to the restaurant that served breakfast were rude and ruined the mood for us. Don't bother with a smile, they won't even look at you or answer you properly. Room is clean and breakfast is poor, but the bad service was too hard to swallow.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank smwart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Stayed here with a few of my friends and found the hotel very clean which was the most important for me. Equipped with all the necessities-TV/Airconditioning/Hairdryer/MiniFridge. At the doorstep of the hotel is the Monorial easily accessing to KL Sentral (where you can get the train to KLIA Airport). Minutes walk from Pavillion, Sungei Wang, and of course the Petronas Twin Towers.

Breakfast was delicious serving both western and local delights. Within the hotel premise is a local/thai restaurant which was also very tasty.

I woud definitely recommend this place to my friends again as it is value for money!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on a backpacking trip. Finding solid yet affordable accomodation wasn't exactly easy during our trip in the high season. If you don't need the comfort of a highrise-hotel and don't like guesthouses and hostels, this is a decent choice. Rooms and beds are clean and spacious, staff even put my shoes inside when the afternoon rain started and the malay-style breakfast is tasty. Though the lack of real windows (asian glass shutters) and the bleak furnishing makes it a place you wanna sleep but not hang out too long.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank joergsesselmann
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Myself and three friends stayed in the budget rooms and had a pretty rough time sleeping as there was a beeping noise coming from the building behind us, through the bathroom windows that would not shut, with a bathroom door that didn't seem to latch properly. This hotel has a ton of potential as it's in a great location, could be very stylish, but seems to have run out of money as the large fountain (not pool) was a little dirty and parts of the building were still under construction. I did get a chance to eat at the restaurant which served delicious Thai food, and our rooms were pretty clean- but in the end, we had to change our reservation and did not receive any kind of refund. Despite the receptionist knowing about the noise problem, no attempt was made to change our rooms for another at the same rate, without the noise. It's too bad, really. This could be a four star hotel with a few smart changes!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the budget rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laressa M

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Novi Sad, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This place is small but on a great location - next to the monorail station, close to all main attractions. Rooms are clean and big enough with AC and most important clean bathroom. Breakfast is great - buffet style.
Staff was friendly and professional.

I would recommend this hotel, it has best value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anajiTijana
Varese, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was in Kuala Lumpur in November and I took a room in this hotel. The hotel itself is just outside the Raja Chulan Monorail station. Most the main nightlife attractions of Kuala Lumpur (like Jalan Ramlee or Bukit Bitang) are at walking distance.
The rooms in the hotel are large and clean. The staff is very freindly and helpful on giving any information needed. When I'll come back to Kuala Lumpur, this hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: I've not special suggestion. The room I had was very nice, and I didn't see other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was actually here July 1 to 5, 2010, so this review is ridiculously late. I stayed here with my husband and two year old. The location is good as we could walk to KLCC park which has a splash pool with waterfall and a huge playground complex, the aquarium, etc. I would say that we could "easily walk" there except that it is very hard to walk anywhere in KL.
If you like big malls (with Louis Vuitton, Prada, etc.), this hotel is in a great location. Unfortunately, the hotel was still under renovation when we were there. We couldn't use the front entrance most of the time and halls and elevator looked unfinished, etc. Also, I was hoping that they might have opened the pool to swimming by the time we got there, but I think they don't mean to do this. It is just to look at!
There was a safe in the wall near the door of the room which was at a good height for a kid to play with the buttons. We never used it but I had to get somebody to come to the room a couple times when my kid set off a kind of constant beeping alarm. The staff were good-natured.
Breakfast was edible, I guess, nothing great. We had to cross to another building, up and down stairs with a stroller, to get to it. There is a great Hakka restaurant not far. Lots of good restaurants around.
The hotel's lounge on the corner was like something out of Austin Powers.
I believe that the hotel had wifi, but our iPad had been stolen in Langkawi. We eventually moved to another hotel (Anggun) that had a computer with internet in every room, so I could spend time booking flights, etc.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family