“Excellent Guest House KL”
Review of Agosto Inn

and 1 more site!
Agosto Inn
Ranked #18 of 331 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent Guest House KL”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I can highly recommend Agosto Inn in KL. Excellent location in Chinatown. Ann spares no expense of effort to make continual improvements to an already impressive little G/H.
Clean and with most helpful staff who help with any queries. KL becoming more expensive these days, so nice to find a G/H which is v. good value for money !
Ian. Australia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Australiano2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Derby
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice little place just on the edge of the hustle and bustle of China Town. Ideal location for transport - easy to get anywhere in KL. Really friendly staff, standard breakfast (which is always nice), very clean and a good laid back atmosphere. The only negatives are that the toilets/showers are small, and the a/c isn't in the actual room. If you can live with those tiny issues (which we did fine) you are in for a great stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mycroftjg
Marikina
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I booked online a room for my mom and myself before our flight to Malaysia last week. At first, we planned to stay at Agosto Inn just for two days so we could leave our options open when we returned to KL from SG on our 4th day (the area has a lot of inns and hostels that you can choose from). However, after our first night, my mom and I decided to stay for the duration of the trip. This was for the following reasons:

1. All the staff were nice, courteous, and very accommodating.
2. The rooms were neat, just like in most homes.
3. The lavatory was just enough to get your job done.
4. Free sandwiches in the morning. Serve yourself, have as many as you want. LOL!
5. Unlimited tea and brewed coffee!
6. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful in giving directions when I asked how to get from one place to another.
7. Its location is VERY accessible! Chinatown is just on the next street. Pasar Seni station is on the other side. There was a money changer that offers good rates near the station. It's a few-minute walk to Central Market, KL park, and Kuala Lumpur station. There's just so much that you can do and places you can go to on foot!

Just a little area for improvement:
There were times when there was a musty smell along the corridor, specially in the first room we stayed in. It was a little difficult to sleep because the smell was quite strong on our first night.

Overall, my mom and I were happy that we chose to stay.
I'll definitely go back and stay at Agosto Inn when I return to Malaysia. :)

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank beautyndthegeek
Muar, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

At the beginning, I thought Agosto Inn was a bit above average. The staff were friendly and helpful. I liked the cozy atmosphere and the common area for travellers. The bathrooms (attached with toilet) were too crowded and hot shower didn't work well the first day. My boyfriend and I got the room with window. It was quite noisy on Friday night, but I didn't hear too much noise on Saturday night. They might need to consider getting a dehumidifier because there was musty smell in the room.

I feel disappointed the day when I checked out, because I lost my camera phone. I have to admit that I was distracted by other things that I wasn't paying much attention that morning. I suspect that I most probably left it at the lobby when I was wearing my shoes after texting my friend. I was upset when I found out I lost my phone. I was hoping that the staff could help me to check the cctv since they have one in the lobby. My request was rejected after the staff called the manager. I was told that they only check the cctv when the customer loses stuff in the dorm room. Since I stayed in the private room and I probably lost my phone in the lobby, I was not eligible to check the cctv. I tried to negotiate with the staff, but all I got from her were "you wouldn't get back your phone even if you report to the police", "it was not our responsibility to find your phone because you didn't lose it in the dorm room", "it was your responsibility, not ours", "I'm just working here. The manager says we cannot anyhow let anyone check our cctv". She ignored my request to talk to the manager either. When I realised that she wouldn't help me, I gave her my friend's contact number and email, hoping that someone might return the phone. Without even looking at me, she said, "I don't know what is your phone."

I am trying to tell the whole story without too much personal emotion. My opinion here could be bias based on my negative experience. I could see that the staff was friendly to all other customers. I really wish that she (or the manager in the phone) was willing to check the cctv, but not trying to get me out from the guesthouse.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chyehiong
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Last year we visited Kuala Lumpur for a total of 6 times and each of them we stayed at Agosto Inn. I will never be able to forget the warm atmosphere and great friends that I made there. I was not only treated as a friend, but also as part of a beautiful family. The staff always went out of their way to help, advice and welcome us. If I ever go back to KL, I would definitely stay in Agosto, which became my home in Asia.

I have many reasons to recommend Agosto Inn to whoever is visiting KL. First of all and the most important factor, the staff is amazing. Second, it has a great location right in the heart of KL, just a couple of steps from Chinatown’s main street and the Sri Mahamariamman Temple. I loved the fact that it is close to many restaurants in Chinatown and Central Market, right in front of a 7-eleven and behind Pasar Seni LRT station. A breakfast is included in the rate, and even though it is simple (toast, butter, jam, coffee and fruit) I think it is enough to start the day and it helps you save a couple of ringgit. The staff always made sure that there was enough for everyone and coffee is available 24/7. Ann, the owner, sometimes even surprised us by baking delicious cookies or bread. There is also strong WiFi signal in the rooms, a comfy lounge with TV, kitchen with microwave and free travel info, which we needed plenty of times! The bathroom facilities are shared, but they are always kept clean and neat. I’ve read many silly comments about people complaining that the bathroom stalls are small, but after a year of travel in Asia I’ve found that in most places here the bathroom size is very small.

Ann, MIlad and Soudeh, thank you so much for working the magic that makes Agosto Inn Kuala Lumpur’s best hostel! We love you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed in the hostel for one night and I had a very early morning flight. I booked a private room and it was clean and comfortable. The shared showers had hot water and also clean. The general feel to this hostel is cosy and friendly with a comfortable common area where I met some fellow travellers. There was 24 hour free tea and coffee, and also breakfast, but I missed this. The location is great for Chinatown, not on the main noisy strip but less than 100 meters walk to it.

The receptionist Ann was my hero, as she woke me up when my alarm did not go off, and I would have surely missed my flight if she had not taken the initiative! So I am very thankful to her. She also flagged down a taxi and negotiated a price for me.

I will definitely return and would strongly recommend this place to anyone in KL!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Suraj S
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here two nights and would stay here again. The staff is very polite, friendly, and helpful, and the overall atmosphere was great. I had a private room which just entails a bed in a small room, but it was comfy and the fan worked well so I had no problems sleeping. The bathroom was a bit crowded and the water heater didn't work in my shower, but it really wasn't an issue since the water and air temperature were warm. I would highly recommend Agosto Inn to backpackers and other travelers that are looking for a decent/good hostel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo