“Quaint Hotel, Bad Service”
Review of Hotel 1915

Hotel 1915
Ranked #176 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel because a friend recommend it. Anyway, upon arriving, the hotel has this stairs which i find inconvenient especially for rollies bag -- the hotel should atleast have a trolly access. The lady at reception was being completely rude, she basically ignored me for a good two minutes before attending to me and then she said that i did not have any reservation under my name (this i can understand, maybe my reservation didn't registered in their system etc) but she could've offered if i wanted to check-in BUT SHE DIDN'T. I felt as if she doesn't want to attend to me. Not only that, the room next to us was being really loud (slamming the door, shouting). Definitely wasn't a good experience for me. Not going to stay there or recommend it to anyone.

But i must say the lobby interior was nice, and the price is affordable. Service wise they have long way to go.

Room Tip: Do not choose street view room -- its very noisy with the traffic and LRT.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel was fine for the price we paid for.

However, my husband left a sum of money in the safe and it got stollen.
We requested to view the cctv, and, a day later, the manager called us and said the girl working at the reception did enter the room however it was because we complained regarding the aircon, which we did not.

The manager requested us to extend our stay for another week so that they could report it to the police, but seriously, we don't have the time nor money to extend our stay just to solve this issue.

Worst hotel ever.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Float O
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the 1915 for one night in July 2014. My previous hotel had horrible WiFi, so I moved to the 1915 for my last night in KL. Great location, right near the metro. Easy to get to KL Central and KLCC. Lots of good Indian restaurants in the area (including a great one next door to the hotel). Good WiFi, A/C, and hot water. My room (cheapest available) was tiny, though. I would recommend paying a little extra for a room with a window (as I felt a bit claustrophobic). There was a power outage (whole block) the evening I was there, so I ended up spending about an hour in a dark lobby until it was restored.

Room Tip: Rooms are very small, so you might want to upgrade to larger room or room with window.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

From KLIA2, take the KLIA Express to KL Sentral which will take around 33 minutes then change train (LRT) going to Gombak, alight at Masjid Jamek station (2 stops from KL Sentral). The KLIA Express fare is 30 RM while LRT going to Masjid Jamek is 1.30 RM.

Staying in the heart of the city is best option to roam around the city of KL. Chinatown and Little India are just stone throw away from the hotel’s location. Though the rooms are small, they are clean and well maintained. Book the ticket online to get promo rates (www.hotel1915kl.com.my) and save up to 30% of the published rate. Eating out is not a problem since fast food chains, restaurants and hawker centres are everywhere. In a nutshell, the hotel is suitable to those who are going to explore the city’s vibrant culture though roaming around KL is a bit of a hassle (bargaining / haggling with taxi drivers, overpriced items, etc) which is different story anyway.

Another tip for “friends” staying at the same room, the bathroom has a translucent glass wall / door, turn off the light inside the bathroom otherwise never mind seeing your silhouette while taking shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

On a future trip I would try this hotel again, but I might move up tp the largest room if it was reasonably priced. The bedding and mattress are top quality, the water was hot and the pressure good in the shower and sink. Wifi was fast, but funny a big screen TV in room with only 8 working channels? Only 2 in English? seems strange and the stranger thing is the room seems laid out around viewing the TV, and that is the problem. The room at the end of the bed and the wall supporting the Tv leaves about 30 centimeters to walk past. Had the beds run off the side wall the Tv could be mounted over the door to the bathrooom and then there would be comfort to move around a bit. Over all the price was right, location great and it is quiet, I'd give it a try next time again.

Room Tip: Go for a bigger room - the standard leave just 30 centimeters (one foot) from the end of the bed to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the airport we took the express into KL to KL Central station then the red line to Masjid Jamek station. From there as you exit the station look up for the overhead rail line turn left following the rail line for one block, turn left and the hotel should be on your right. It is a 3 min walk.

The hotel is clean and we found the staff very helpful.
We had booked a Deluxe double room with window (Yes don't forget to stipulate a window). It was small, if you swung a cat round it would have scratched all four walls. Cosy or tight, your choice. You were not able to access the other side of the bed unless you climbed over the bed. No room for bags in 208. The difference to upgrade to a Deluxe twin was 10 Ringgits per night (£2) room 209. This meant that while it was still cosy you had some room around the bed and room to get dressed without stepping on one another. The AC was fine as the bathroom which while once more on the small side was adequate.
Location is excellent as it is in China Town close to the markets etc, also close to the rail links for Twin Towers and other venues and central KL.
Down side, small rooms, traffic noise, dogs barking at the rear and a Back packers close by has a Roof bar and loud music that will go on until the early hours. Not helpful to get a good nights sleep.
I would be reasonably happy to use this hotel again but would ask for a room higher up and at the front to ensure a quieter night.

Room Tip: As high as possible and at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bowwow2
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed there several times. The facilities are quite basic but more than enough. I don't expect a full facilities when i'm on traveling on a big city since more of the time i spend out of the hotel.
The rooms are not too big and some don't have window but i always upgrade to have an external one. Zen design, good wifi, big tv, clean, comfortable and big bed... I can't ask for more when travelling.
Helpful staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room with window!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business