“Just okay. Location is great, but for the price you can probably do better. ”
Review of Hotel 1915

Hotel 1915
Ranked #195 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Just okay. Location is great, but for the price you can probably do better. ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel does look exactly like the photos you see online, and it's only around two years old, but it appears that it was constructed and decorated with the cheapest material possible. After two years of use, the hotel is completely worn down and falling apart.

The prices are good enough -- we paid around $35 USD per night for a queen room with an en suite bathroom and a window. The location is great and the hotel is trying for a cute boutique feel, but it just isn't executed very well.

The rooms are super tiny, which isn't actually a deal breaker for me, but it really seems like everything in the hotel is broken.

In our first room (room 302), EVERYTHING was broken -- the shower head was dangling by the hose and couldn't be mounted to the wall, the bathroom fan was missing parts, the lock on the door was ripped off as though someone had kicked the door in, the curtains we falling off the rails, the hot water heater was missing the handle so that it couldn't be turned on or controlled... All of it was broken.

The room was also dirty -- the drinking glasses looked like they hadn't been washed and there was a stain on the sheets.

We had to ask to change rooms because it was impossible to even consider staying in that room.

In the second room we were given (room 402), the room was dank and stunk of mildew. The bathroom never dried after we showered and the temperature control on the hot water heater was broken so we couldn't change the temp -- it was a choice between a cold shower or a scalding hot shower.

Also, the power box/breaker box buzzed all night long and the rooms are not adequately soundproofed, so we could hear all of the noise from the street (especially the train and cars honking) and the people in the hallway.

We stayed at Hotel 1915 for three nights (July 15th through July 18th, 2014) and never once did house keeping come to tidy up the room or replace the towels.

Also, there is no in-room hair dryer, no toiletries, no hot water kettle for tea and coffee, etc... There are communal water stations in the hallways and that's it.

On the upside, the location is really, really great and the wifi worked well. For the price, however, I don't think I would stay here again. There are just too many options and the hotel is in too much disrepair.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank skjviajkt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was the first hotel of our holiday. I thought the hotel was located in a good spot, small room but was ok, clean and good wifi, water suplied in hallways, great Indian restaurant coming out of hotel on right 100m down approx not the one on left next to hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first, they are small but adequate, stayed in two different rooms, hotel is close...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel has a good location but the room was quite poor. The moment i checked in, I saw cockroach & also their eggs on the floor. The bed smells... cockroach as well.

The rooms too small as well even though it has a window & if I'm not mistaken they claim the room size 32sqm. Too small until you could only open your bags on the walkway inside the room (just beside the entrance of the toilet).

The receptionist is not welcoming at all. The stairs to the reception area also is very inconvenient. Maybe the management of the hotel could spare some budget to do a bit renovation for trolley access.

But for the price... It is acceptable compare to other budget hotel in KL.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yuni2507

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I left my spare money in my suitcase in my room and the 300.00 ringats were stolen.
Although, I liked place, it was clean, and quiet, I was disappointed when I realized my stash of money disappeared. Only staff have access to my room. I know it was staff because I did not use the safe, I left the door closed, and upon releasing my money was stolen I saw the safe door slightly open which was different than I left it.

The desk clerk had little interest in hearing my story or directing me the manager. I wrote off the loss and moved on. Too bad, nice place, a bad staff member. Tarnishes the whole place for me.

I also had an inside room with no window and it is very small.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jax642
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel because a friend recommend it. Anyway, upon arriving, the hotel has this stairs which i find inconvenient especially for rollies bag -- the hotel should atleast have a trolly access. The lady at reception was being completely rude, she basically ignored me for a good two minutes before attending to me and then she said that i did not have any reservation under my name (this i can understand, maybe my reservation didn't registered in their system etc) but she could've offered if i wanted to check-in BUT SHE DIDN'T. I felt as if she doesn't want to attend to me. Not only that, the room next to us was being really loud (slamming the door, shouting). Definitely wasn't a good experience for me. Not going to stay there or recommend it to anyone.

But i must say the lobby interior was nice, and the price is affordable. Service wise they have long way to go.

Room Tip: Do not choose street view room -- its very noisy with the traffic and LRT.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel was fine for the price we paid for.

However, my husband left a sum of money in the safe and it got stollen.
We requested to view the cctv, and, a day later, the manager called us and said the girl working at the reception did enter the room however it was because we complained regarding the aircon, which we did not.

The manager requested us to extend our stay for another week so that they could report it to the police, but seriously, we don't have the time nor money to extend our stay just to solve this issue.

Worst hotel ever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Float O
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the 1915 for one night in July 2014. My previous hotel had horrible WiFi, so I moved to the 1915 for my last night in KL. Great location, right near the metro. Easy to get to KL Central and KLCC. Lots of good Indian restaurants in the area (including a great one next door to the hotel). Good WiFi, A/C, and hot water. My room (cheapest available) was tiny, though. I would recommend paying a little extra for a room with a window (as I felt a bit claustrophobic). There was a power outage (whole block) the evening I was there, so I ended up spending about an hour in a dark lobby until it was restored.

Room Tip: Rooms are very small, so you might want to upgrade to larger room or room with window.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo