“Major Disappointment”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Major Disappointment”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I went here on our first night in KL. It is 170 MYR per person for the dinner and 1 beer will cost a minimum of 30 MYR. Want wine? don't bother because even the most basic of wines is outrageously expensive.

I wouldn't mind the pricing so much if the food was actually any good. The food is really terrible, tasted bland and like cardboard. It was like the food had just been left there for hours from the lunch time service (it looked like it had been).

The service is bad too, if you order a drink it will likely take 15 minutes for it to arrive at your table. The coffee is meant to be included in the price, but the staff are reluctant to give you more than one cup (don't worry it's not good coffee either).

Don't forgot the prices here don't include a service charge (what service? I stood up and collected my own food...) which is an extra 10% and then a further 6% TAX.

The view from the tower is nice, nothing spectacular, but nice... If you really want to try this out, I would only go for lunch, that might be ok.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“KL - Must do”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Atmosphere 360 - Great place to have a special dinner and watch Kuala Lumpur come to light... great vantage point and Atmosphere IS 360 !!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Before our trip to KL we made a conscious decision not to visit both the towers. The rationale to pick KL tower was the restaurant and for the price of a buffet lunch, we had access to the observation deck. From KL tower we could also view the Petronas and the rest.

I booked the buffet lunch online and the confirmation was quick and the request of the window seat was accepted.

Staying at the Shangrila-la was also a bonus as the tower was within walking distance. At the bottom of the hill there is a shuttle that takes guest to the base of the tower. At the entrance there is a reception desk for Atmoshpere 360. At the appointed time after checking in with the receptionist, guests are escorted to the restaurant by lift.

We were seated by the window as requested and the view was amazing!
We also knew the alcohol was pricey so we stuck to water. We were plied with ice cold water and that was sufficient.

The buffet selection was varied, European, Japanese, Malaysian, Indian and Chinese.
I was spoilt for choice. Unfortunately, the food was not that hot. I tried majority of Malaysian, Indian and Chinese fare. Loved the dessert selection too, the durian cold soup was delicious and so was the cendol.

We stayed for the whole lunch service as we wanted to soak up the view and we were not rushed by the staff. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant. We were taken to the observation desk after our lunch, which is one floor below the restaurant. We didn't stay too long as the deck is not air conditioned and we had already seen most of the view.

Overall, the food isn't fine dining but for the view and food it is good value in my opinion.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore
“Prices and quality that are borderline criminal”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Before I start, please understand i am well travelled (two passports used up in 3 years) and have been to Malaysia at least a dozen times and countless other places across Asia and am not your typically obnoxious western tourist expecting western standards. I have lived in Asia for many years so don't usually let these kind of things ruin my day.

USD$136 for 2 person buffet including two soft drinks is not outrageous by western standards but it is border line criminal when the quality of food sand service was below that of a plastic table and chair food court, actually the service was close to non existent, drinks prices were astronomical (glass of wine USD13++) Note the previous week i went to a high end steakhouse in Bukit Bintang a few Km away where we both had the most expensive steak on the menu (and was in the top 3 steaks i've ever had) plus two alcoholic drinks each and it was less than half the price of this tripe.

Ambience - 2/10 - felt like we were at a cruise ship caberet, too many tables, too many people walking around, no staff, low end entertainment, dirty carpets, uneven floors, busy and uncivilised feel about it,

View - 8/10 - About the only thing going for it, its a great view of the city but as far as city views go, KL's isn't the greatest.

Food- 3/10 - food was cold, of poor quality, soup was cold, stay was tough, beef was chewy and tough, had run out of bread at the bread station, stations once empty didn't seem to be refilled.

Location - 7/10 - Location was easy to get to, from berjaya times square taxi fare by meter was 6 Ringiit, to get back it was a fixed fare from the counter of 20 Ringitt, which was a perfect way to ruin my night after already being ripped off for a sub standard dinner.

Price - 1/10 - High prices, super low quality. I even overheard a group of spanish people in the lift on the way out complaining about the prices and they genuinely looked like they all wanted to cry.

All in all, don't waste your time, if your looking for good food, good service this isn't the place for you. Absolute tourist trap, and paints a very bad picture of the friendly welcome, service and great malay cuisine you can get elsewhere.

Avoid Avoid Avoid..... you'll have a better night at Nandos.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank TomSG2013
“Fascinating priceless view”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I had the chance today to be in atmosphere 360 restaurant. I admired the idea to be at 282m high and revolving place where u can see whole kuala lumpur

1 Thank Khalid A