“Great Value”
Review of SS City Hotel

SS City Hotel
Ranked #274 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Reasonable price, only takes about 5 minutes walk to berjaya times square, the room is a little bit small but clean, the staff is friendly, good location, 7/11 near the hotel, close to the monorail station also, free wifi.. overall it's a good hotel :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fina Mariana M

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Surprisingly good for the price. We stayed 4 nights in one of the larger family rooms which was cosy but enough room for two adults and 2 kids to move around. The boys loved the bunk beds!!
Room was well lit and ventilated with 2 large windows. Space utilised well, so no problem storing suit cases and clothes. The room, bedding and bathroom were all very clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable and not too much traffic noise so sleep was good. Free Wi-Fi was good and fast. Air con quiet and cool, free bottled water each day, and TV, not bad for a budget hotel!
The service was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful, especially Kevin, who went out of his way to help us find roof racks for our 4WD while we were in KL.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan171
Reviewed 4 April 2013

the room is so tiny!!! i expected that the room is tiny but when i enter my room i was like omg! what a tiny room i ever seen! no space for us to walk in the room. the bathroom is so small!! i was sitting on the toilet bowl when i bath! no view from my room i booked Twin (1 bunk bed) for 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank yws921
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear yws921,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your feedback. While we do acknowledge that most of our rooms are not as spacious as we would like it to be, we do have bigger rooms that caters for families and guests that have a little more budget.

What we try to provide is value for money to all our guests. For a low room rate, we strive to provide complimentary hi-speed wi-fi for all and a comfortable sleeping environment and great location to all our valued guests.

We do hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Kuala Lumpur. We do have bigger rooms that cost slightly more than a Standard Twin. Currently our biggest room is our Penthouse unit; located on the 8th floor which is a duplex unit that has a very spacious bedroom, living room and bathrooms equipped with jacuzzi.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you had a great time in Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was staying 10 days in this hotel, staff was nice. Single room is small but not too small. Wifi works, water heater works, everything works ok. Building-site near hotel is only the problem, big problem from early morning everyday (incl weekend)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jokerski
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It's just an ordinary budget hotel. The room was very small, so was the bathroom (+/- about 2 sqm maybe). Cleanliness was rather poor (i mean it, don't trust if any hotel's staff says the opposite that i'm the one who dirty, like they did to other reviewer), there was cobwebs beside my bed!. My room was at 7th floor which lack of lighting in corridor and they putted cleaning tools on this corridor instead of keep it in the cupboard. The staffs was minus of smiles and not too friendly.

I stayed for 2 nights and they didn't tidy my room. Maybe it was because i didn't put "please make up room" sign on the door handle. But in other hotels, even i didn't put the sign, my room will be cleaned.

What great ware the bed very comfortable, fast WiFi connection, nice hot water for shower and location near Imbi monorail station. That's all.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

First of all, we would like to thank you for your invaluable feedback. We do sincerely apologize to you if any of our short comings has made your stay unpleasant.

We will take your view seriously and I have personally made sure that my housekeepers will be more careful and thorough when they are making up the rooms.

We are glad that you find our small rooms comfortable and the complimentary wi-fi provided is up to your requirement. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Very good location, next to the big shopping mall, Time Square. The Petronas Towers is located near too. The rooms are small but most important thing is, that they are clean. Staff was friendly. We went to each budget hotel of the local area and check the rooms and the room rates. This hotel is definitely the best of them. If you stay couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur then its good choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Room are very small. You can only sleep there. No table to work with a laptop, no space except a small pass from bed to bathroom. The size of the room reminded me typical Hong Kong accommodation in Chungking or Mirador mansion.
But it is clean and close to Times Square.
Beds are hard, so for me sleeping there wasn't a pleasure.

Nevertheless, hotel could be a nice place, if not for the staff. The staff is surprisingly unfriendly. When I was leaving for a dinner, the staff demanded me to hand in my key. I said, I don't want to. I gave a deposit and the rest is my problem. But they insisted firmly.

When I was leaving the hotel, they told me to wait, cause towel in my room had a stain(!). Roomserviсe was trying to wash it off. And if not - they will not give me my deposit back. It's really ridiculous. I never met such attitude anywhere else.

It's great that I stayed there only for 2 nights and didn't have more encounters with this "friendly" people. I prefer when hotel staff treat me like a client, not like I'm a naughty 7 year old boy, who entered their property to spoil everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lenny G
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Rosomaha,

Please accept our apologies if any our our staffs have indeed offended you. However, it's not our hotel policy to ask or demand that our guests leave their room keys with us. Like you said, you paid a security deposit and where you bring the key is basically up to you. For this matter, I would be grateful if you can tell me or describe to me which of my staffs demanded you to do so. You can contact me through dannytee@sscityhotel.com.my and I assure you I will investigate the matter.

As for the staining of our towels, we have incurred a huge loss due to untreatable/washable linen that was badly soiled by our guests. We even have guests that used our towels to dye their hair. As such, our housekeepers are extra careful so that if we find such stains, we will charge the guest accordingly. I do hope that you can understand since we try to offer the best to our guests at a minimum price.

Again, I do apologize to you if there is any short coming from us that have soured your stay with us. Hope you had a good stay exploring Malaysia.

Regards,