“New, but nothing else”

Ranked #276 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
“New, but nothing else”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel does not do airport transfers from the airport (only to the airport from the hote for 50 MYR). The taxi drivers at the airport do not know where it is, it took me 1 & 1/2 hrs to get to the hotel, even though it is only 20 mins away. I asked for a non-smoking room and got a small room which wreaked with smoke, the guy at the desk gave me another room which was larger & nicer and did not smell of smoke. I settled into a nice hot shower when the phone rang and a woman rudely told me I had to pay extra because I was now in the Presidential Suite and I only booked a Standard Room. After some deliberation she said she would talk to the guy who gave me the room and I did not hear from her again. I was the only single western female staying there. There were no other westerners at the hotel or in sight, male or female. There are no good restaurants close by, I had a terrible meal and I caused quite a stare as I walked alone looking for something to eat and ate alone ( There were only men eating together). There is no internet in the rooms, only one computer which you have to stand to use in the foyer. I asked for a taxi for 6am, they woke me up at 6am so I was in a rush to get to the airport on time. One good thing was the bed, it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in but I will not stay here again, it is new and clean but is unfriendly and the staff do not know how to run a hotel efficiently.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small. All rooms are smoking rooms, there is none that are kept for non-smokers...