“I got motion sickness in the elevators :-(”

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #3 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Good:
A beautiful hotel room, a gogeous view of the Petronas Towers, luxurious toiletries. Nice Club Lounge, 24 hour gym, pretty little pool. Great location too - walking distance to KLCC.

The Horrible:
To get to the lobby, you go to the 38th floor.
To get to your room (floors 17-36), you got to the 38th floor, then go BACK down.
We had a convention on the first floor. No, there is no direct way to get down to the conference rooms without riding at least 2 elevators. I seriously got motion sickness after 3 days of these elevators!

The Ok:
The bed was hard. I wonder if all the beds were hard? Thank goodness the pillows were great!

Food was pretty bland though I respect that it was healthy, and Halal. I was very very hungry after a day.
And be warned.. the "portobello mushroom burger" actually has a giant mushroom instead of a burger patty. Not "on top of" ... "instead of".

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,938)

Reviewed 6 July 2013

the rooms 2was great the view was amazing, what we didnt liked it is the fact that internet is NOT FREE u need to pay 20$ it is so old fashion and turn me off... i would stay in this hotel again but the fact that i need to pay for internet 20$ everyday turn me off so next time i will stay in hotel with free ienternet.i think all 5 stars hotels should ake it free. tHE FOOd was great we take room service and its was tasty... bed shower etc was very good as well. i would give 4 stars to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lexa l
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was the most luxurious, relaxing, attentive, stylish, refreshing hotel experience of my life.

My biggest regret was that I did not discover the steam and dry sauna until my last day.
The floor to ceiling windows look out on to the KL towers and a dramatic skyline.
The staff was ridiculous in how attentive they were.
Sure it's more expensive than other KL hotels, but the value is incredible.
Upgraded to a luxury suite for a couple of nights. This was the largest room I've ever had, and I travel extensively. Everything is new, contemporary, gorgeous. I felt like a rock star and was treated as such. Don't bother staying any where else. Also - located right next to the convention center which made life easy. I put breakfast down a couple of notches only because there's just one choice - the $26 buffet. Wish I could just order a la cart other than for room service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dsheon
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights during a conference. My company also held a number of private events at the hotel during the conference.
First the good points, the room was amazing, probably one of the nicest I have ever stayed in.
The breakfast buffet is also excellent, you could sit there for hours and eat every type of breakfast food you can imagine.
The bad news is the service. Overall it was very poor, they had plenty of staff around, but we had to wait forever for the bill. One night a group of us ate dinner in the hotel and it seemed like they forgot us. It took along time to order, then they bought out the wrong food.
Another occasion it took 15 minutes for a coffee to arrive in the bar.
Just not what I expected from a 5 star hotel

1  Thank Beverley G
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed for five nights in a corner king room. The room was well laid out. The breakfast buffet was nice, but by the fourth morning, I was a little sick of eating the same things. My only complaint was that service was inconsistent, especially in the 38 restaurant.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Either its Chef or F&B Manager is highly creative, with infusion of multi cultural dishes lined-up on the buffet table.
I'm very impressed with its (car) parking facilities, which is spacious, bright and easy to navigate.
Hotel location? Conveniently located

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I am writing this review from my 19th floor room at the Grand Hyatt on my last night in Malaysia, and for the first time ever in my travels, I feel genuinely sad to be leaving tomorrow even though I have been here for the last 7 days. Everything about GH has been either spectacular (the sweeping views of the city from the rooms including the magnificent Petronas towers view from the lobby) or superb.
The rooms are gorgeous, tastefully decorated & spacious. I have looked forward everyday to coming back "home" in the evening after a long day of meetings. Every member of staff I interacted with was courteous, helpful and always had a smile to send me on my way. The food in the restaurants was fantastic.
This easily ranks as my best hotel experience since 2008 when I stayed at the Barcelona Hilton and I hope I will have a reason to come back to Malaysia very soon and do this all over again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors with a view of the Petronas Towers.