“New hotel”

Ranked #2 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“New hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in GH for 2 nights during a business trip - everything was fantastic!! The breakfast spread is somewhere different from other hotels, the room is spacious and have separate baths, toilets, changing room, etc. I will even recommend couples to stay here as there's a romantic touch to the room.

I guess the only inconvenience is the need to take a lift up to 38th floor (hotel lobby floor) from my room (32nd floor), change a lift in order to travel down to ground floor.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Johannesburg
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Great business hotel with all the usual amenities. Lovely pool area to deal with the humidity, adequate gym, easy access to convention centre. Rooms renovated, spacious, contemporary with a fantastic shower. Had a great view of the Petronas tower with its twinkling musical fountains dancing to a silent beat 24 floors up. But the highlight, breakfast....an incredible collection of western and eastern cuisine and everything in between, an early morning cullinary delight

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The room is large and can accommodate 3 persons comfortably. As my sisters and I were at the KL Convention Centre for a conference and we decided to try the Grand Hyatt and found the room larger than normal room. It easily accommodate all 3 of us even with extra bed in the room! We will probably book this hotel again next year.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Spacious bathroom, fitness centre perfect , like the steam bath the most , relaxing place after the whole day meeting and forum ....Poolsite restaurant serve good lunch. Nice Breakfast with city view & twin tower view. Good for meeting with choices of meeting room ..

• Stayed April 2013
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed at this property one night passing through to go to gem island. This hotel made me wish I was staying longer. First of all they accommodated me needing an early check in. And gave us an amazing room. By far the best hyatt and best hotel room I have stayed in. It was like a room out of the jetsons. A huge bathroom, a great view, and a shower with a city view that you could press a button and it magic blacked out. It was awesome. A lot of people are complaining about the elevators. I loved it. The lobby is on the top floor with only one access point to it. The rooms are on a private elevator system. And made us feel extra safe. Next the staff was incrediable. The gentlemen who checked us in was great. And I must state Aliff is a great assest to your hotel. A polite and helpful young man who helped me find the best exchange rate for my money and personally walked me to it. Great worker! The hotel pool is also amazing. It is like an oasis in the middle of a city. At night it is one of the best views in a city I have ever seen. Oh yah and the chocolates we got as an amenity was amazing. Thanks for amazing stay. If you stay here you'll love it. We wished we could have stayed longer

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irish311
GHKualaLumpur, Director of Sales and Marketing at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
We are glad to hear that even though you stay was brief, it was a memorable, and we thank you for taking time to share this with us. We agree that the views from the sky lobby are beautiful, and are pleased you enjoyed both the views and the extra security provided by the dual elevator system. It's also nice to know that our staff made such a positive impression on you from the beginning at check-in. We will certainly pass on the compliments for their exceptional service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime when you can stay with us for a while longer.

Courtenay Dundy
Director of Sales and Marketing
Shanghai
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The room was very spacious, almost as big as a junior suite is other hotels and every corner of the room was perfect. Bathroom was astonishingly nice and bed oh so comfy!! Their service was very attentive and I think this is my favorite out of all Park and Grand Hyatts in the world.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shanghaijules
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I ended up at the Grand Hyatt in KL when an 8-day business trip to Malaysia became a 13-day trip with an five days in KL. This was one of the nicer, friendliest, attentive hotels that I have ever stayed at. This are little downfalls along the way but not enough to keep it from an "Excellent".

First the positives...the service from the minute I walked in the door til I left. The lunch poolside - the food and the service - were really good and a pleasant experience. The room was amazing - Always clean though it was a little troublesome (to me) how the lights were always left on.

Slight downfalls - top level lobby, inconsistent wireless (though more early in my stay).

I would stay here again and really recommend it to travelers to KL.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ei and Aar S
GHKualaLumpur, Director of Sales and Marketing at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your extended time at our hotel although we know an extended business trip isn't always pleasant. We agree that Poolside is a great place to have lunch, and recommend if you are staying with us on a Friday that you try our Poolside evening BBQ that starts next month. Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.

Courtenay Dundy