“Location location location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sibu, Malaysia
“Location location location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed 6 days 5 nights in this hotel with my wife & 1 year old son.

The main problem is the location of this hotel. Even the taxi driver and my relatives found difficulties to find this hotel. i personally think that the sign board should be added more.

For those who dont prefer the hotel location is bcos there is no shopping mall within walking distance and is a little far from the bustling Bukit Bintang area.. .Although the hotel is adjacent to a shopping mall, but less than 10 shops are open. Furthermore your dining option is also very limited bcos not many restaurant nearby if compared to Alor Street.

From the positive point of view, this hotel is strategically located beside a LRT station which is connected to the hotel by a skybridge. You dont even have to worry about the sun or rain! All the major shopping mall in Bukit Bintang area can be reached by LRT, u save a lot of taxi money, Of course u must learnt to take LRT.

DOnt worry too much about buying ur personal staff as there are 3 convenience stores nearby within walking distance. If you want to eat, there is a OLDTOWN restaurant just outside the hotel, or you can walk further to find some nasi kandar restaurant, a cafe and a seafood restaurant.

Room is smaller than u see in the photo but is enought for me. Everything u need is provided such as water kettle, LCD Tv, an iphone/ipod dock, mini fridege, safe deposit box, free WIFI for 2 devices (but one of the password given to me is not useable). My wife is very happy with the room. Personally for me the air cond is not cold enough.

facilities at the hotel is also very well equipped.

Gym - been there 3 times but always just my family only.

Restaurant / bar - buffet breakfast is full of choices including asian & western food. But if you stayed so many nights like me, u will found that everyday the menu is almost the same. THey just changed a little only. and the restaurant is always packed with China tourist who are rude, impolite and like to cut your queue.

Kids zone - just outside the restaurant and my son enjoyed it very much. My wife and i like this too. BUT the main problem is this area is always occupied by the tourist especially during the breakfast time!! Isn't it for kids only? Why all the adults just sit there? And some of them just finish smoking outside the swimming pool!

Interactive zone - 4 desktop with high speed broadband are provided for u. just the chair is quite uncomfortable for me. No other problem.

Staff / Services - Thumbs up for the hotel staff! From lobby receptionist to the chef and even the housekeeping staff, my family are always greeted by your staff. We are truly happy with this. BUT the housekeeping services still have a lot to improved. Shampoo was only given during my 3rd day stayed. Toilet paper is not given even though it's nearly finished. This is the only part i am not satisfy.

Transport - as i said above, this hotel is linked to a LRT station. If you want a taxi, there is a taxi counter in front the hotel's lobby. Of course it's more expensive but i understand that it's for our safety. For this, i would like to address my compliment to your hotel staff again. When my family wish to go to Bukit BIntang, instead of booking a RM20 taxi for us, they recommended us to take LRT which only cost not more than RM8 for going there and coming back! This save us nearly RM40! Thumbs up again!

Overall it's a pleasant stay for my family. My wife can't even wait for the next stay!

From Room 1044

Room Tip: Rooms facing the F&N building is quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibisStylesKLFBP, General Manager at ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear anthonylau83,

Thank you for taking the time to share such valuable feedback. I was pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay. Your positive feedback on the service by our team is most gratifying and will be shared with the entire Hotel as a motivation to exceed our guest expectation.

With regard to the location, our hotel is situated in a new business and shopping mall district called the Fraser Business Park in the centre of Kuala Lumpur. We apologise if it was hard to see our signage and rest assured that we have taken the necessary measures to address the problem and currently in the process of installing additional signage for better visibility.

Regarding the breakfast, we are currently addressing on how to improve food selection at the same time maintain flavour and quality in buffet breakfast to ensure that we can satisfy our wide range of customers’ expectation.

For your kind information, the shopping centre known as Metro Pudu Mall has picked up momentum only recently and we have been informed that rapid increase in tenants is expected and this should liven up the place. We look forward to this as well.

We are still positioning our hotel strategically to have a fine balance of clientele mix. At times, it is difficult to arrange the flow but rest assured, we are fine tuning and confident that we will be able to provide an optimum service for a 500 rooms property. I hope you will support us during this period of gestation.

I take note on your comments regarding the Kids Zone Area and will inform the Manager in charge to have a more firm action to avoid misuse of the area.

Please accept my sincere apology on the lack of attention by our Housekeeping service for your room. The Manager has been briefed to monitor these potential issues to prevent future recurrence so that we can improve. We will definitely be strengthening the Housekeeping procedures and standards.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back with us too!

Ibis Styles KL Fraser Business Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a large group of 32 people for 2 nights. Nice modern and stylish deco in the lobby and rooms. comfy and clean bed, bathroom for a very good price. the parking space was also big enough for 2 big buses The staffs were very friendly and helpful with fast response. Good location and connected to light rail train. Highly recommended for those who want a reasonable price with buffet breakfast and comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Do not hesiatate to call or email hotel's officers for any inquiries about your stay. My experie...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AniWulandari
Dear AniWulandari,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences of staying at ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park. I am delighted that you have had a fantastic stay with us. It is very rewarding to read that you thought your stay was outstanding.

We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed in a mountain view room - spacious and clean with a great window day bed.
Excellent breakfast - great selection of food.
Connected by a footbridge to a main rail link - we used it to get to the centre (10minutes) and also to get to the airport.
Good local restaurants behind the empty shopping centre, and a chain restaurant adjacent to hotel entrance.
Only problem was extending our stay - attempted three different times at reception to be given different information and finally told to do it online.
Good service otherwise.
Would definitely return (just book online!)

Room Tip: Book online.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibisStylesKLFBP, General Manager at ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Nancy K,

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed there for 5 days / 4 night from 1st to 5th of Nov with my wife & 6 year old daughter. Booked on line thru makemytrip.com.
So how do I rate this - Excellent ! I In all respect. They do accepted my request for early check in. Simple formalities to get in. Not very far from the city. Just take the LRT from KL Sentral change at Magid Jaman & take another one to Chan saw line., Best part , the station is connected to the hotel thru a over bridge. Its very convenient.

Room is not so big but can comfortably accommodate a family. Vey neat & clean with all basic amenities.

Very good breakfast with enough items to choose with. May be the items are repeated , I felt saw since I had it for 4 days , but doesn't matter. B/F was a good mix of all types of cuisines & not difficult for an Indian to accommodate with.

Let me compliment the Ibis brand & the local team to keep it above the mark. After all you paid what ? 45 USD !!!!

Wifi was good & they provided with 2 password , so that can connect 2 instruments at a time.

My 6 year old kid was not charged at all , for food or for accommodation.

Now the area's to be improved.

The design of see thru type wash room may not be digestible for all , Think it should been different.
One of the tap was not working & got it repaired , looks like poor quality stuff.
A/C was not very effective , need frequent adjustment
They charged 200 RM as advance when i checked in & did not return it while checked out. said it will be reimbursed to my account. Bit un comfortable. Not happened till now, a week passed. May be its under processing.

After all you paid what ? 45 USD !!!! IBIS does justice to what you paid

Surely for any of my next domestic or international visit my first choice will be IBIS.

Rgds / Srijith / India / Bangalore

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ibisStylesKLFBP, General Manager at ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Srijithmenon,

Thank you very much for the feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Styles KL Fraser Business Park. We are much obliged to know that you enjoyed our all-inclusive package which comprises of accommodation, complimentary WIFI and the breakfast buffet.

We have taken good note of the concerns that you have kindly highlighted in your reply and will take appropriate action accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

As for your comment with regard to the deposit MYR200, it is a normal hotel procedure having given credit card upon checking-in. The hotel has processes pre-authorisation mode NOT sales to your credit card. This amount will not be charged to your statement and will normally auto release by the bank within 2 weeks’ time.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Pros:
Staff at the reception was kind enough to provide details on how to go about in the city including guidance on mode of transport - Trains/buses/taxis.
Room was small, but really cozy, clean and comfortable
Complimentary breakfast and the menu had a decent variety
Free wifi with good connectivity for 2 devices
Cons:
Taxi service was really expensive. Exorbitant flat rates for every place. Charging RM180 for Airport pickup where as the bus charges only RM 8 to KL Sentral. Staff was discouraging us to hire taxi by ourselves, claiming it is not safe. I did not find anything unsafe in that.
No room service to carry luggage to/from the room while check in and check out.
Room was cleaned only twice during out 4 day stay at the hotel. Tea/coffee, water bottles was provided only twice.
Overall the stay was good, just learnt the tricks for the next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ibisStylesKLFBP, General Manager at ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Manoranjan A,

Thank you very much for all positive and constructive feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Styles KL Fraser Business Park. We are much obliged to know that you enjoyed our all-inclusive package which comprises of accommodation, complimentary WIFI and the breakfast buffet.

We do assign an external transportation company to manage airport pick-ups and transfers. They use specially hired limo and not a normal public transport so as to justify the higher rate charged if compares to public transportation.

For your info, room service is not available at any ibis hotel as it is part of our brand standard for economy hotels. Alternatively, all guests are able to purchase items off our ‘Grab it and Go’ menu at the restaurant. We apologise if this caused you any inconvenience.