“Hotel with friendly people.”
Review of Hotel Shandar

Hotel Shandar
Ranked #255 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kiev, Ukraine
“Hotel with friendly people.”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I want to express my appreciation to the staff and management of the hotel. For their friendliness and professionalism.
I am prepared to recommend the hotel to my friends traveling to Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is clean, quiet and safety standards.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank VadimAsia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Slovak first
Shimoga, India
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed in is so called hotel on April 19 th and 20th of April 2013, we were in group, check in was ok, but staff were rude, room was ok but to my surprise there was only one blanket in the room , when asked about extra they told that it wasn't available and what they gave was a bed sheet, we asked for extra pillow but were rudely told that it would be extra although we had booked for triple sharing option, ultimately they gave that after lots of fighting, their ad says free cookies in every room , but never saw those, next day we wanted hotel safe for keeping our passports and valuables as there is no safe in room , the receptionist gave a big lecture and told that it required lots of procedures, he suggested us to carry our passports and valuables with us, we wanted to drop the keys at reception when wanted to go out but he flatly refused to even keep those, the 'complementary' breakfast is very poor quality,the woman there acted as if we were beggars,when we came back the room wasn't cleaned at all nor we got complimentary mineral water. My advice is avoid this hotel, location is bad, so is the staff and so is their services

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel, some room have view of twin towers.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank sganiger1972

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Houston, TX
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed there for a week and it was a good experience! I stayed on the 3rd floor. Internet was very fast. Room was spacious. Location of the hotel is very good and a lot of local shops are nearby.
Breakfast was very basic but ok. They didn't have a large room for breakfast but it wasn't too bad.
I think it's good for the money you pay. If you want better service then you need to look for higher ratings hotels but you will pay at least twice what you pay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Isam R
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

First impression was OK but as time went by, I encountered a lot problems.
Firstly, the internet connection is the worse you can imagine. The wireless unit was found almost everywhere located on the ceiling on each floor but on the 5th. floor, it was useless. I complained to the reception about 3/4 times and the problem still went unresolved. The IT personnel was arrogant.....thinking that I didn't know one bit about networking or internet connection. A lot of air but no action. The problem went unresolved until I checked out the following day.
Secondly, the air conditioning in my room was leaking water. When I complained to the reception, they said they will sent somebody up to my room to check or do something but it went unheard.
Thirdly, I almost stepped on a rusty nail which was right under my bed. It shows that the room was not properly cleaned and inspected.
Finally, the service was bad. I had to go down to reception from the 5th. floor for about 3 to 4 times for each problem that I had and in the end........no action was taken and I just gave up on everything about this hotel.
I checked out and went home thinking to myself that this will be my First and the Last time I'll be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you can. You deserve better than what I had to go through.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JMP234JB
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

First of all we had a problem with keys from our room. At the reception they refused to give us 3 key. It was very uncomfortable for us, because each of us need a personal key. Then we asked it, staff was very unfriendly, they interrupting me, it was awful. So I call manager.
Each request was like the battle.
For example we asked to clean our room and left for the day. We returned late and was weary.... We found our room had not been cleaned.
After all... all staff didn't greet us, they doesn't appreciate their guests.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank HannahVerde
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Every day in this hotel was with problems like this:
- I call to reseption and tell - "Today housekeepers don't bring for me toilet paper" - "OK, we will bring it" - but they don't do it.
- I ask to cleen my room in morning, and when I return it evening, it's dirty.
- I ask to bring for me water (becouse they tell that I can have complimentary bottle of water every day) - they don't do it...
Reseptionists are very rough, don't listen for the clients, loudly interrupted.

Room was not bed - small, but clean, bed was good.

Room Tip: in room 505 good view and more comfortable chower
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Amanda_Meier
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 5 February 2013

So I was here on my visa run, and my first time in KL. The staff is friendly and always have a smile on their faces which is nice. The room was small, but it was clean and the bathroom was clean as well with a nice pressure in shower. Bed is very comfortable and soft. Wifi worked great as well, but the torrents are blocked. The location is hard to tell, since I dont know anything about KL, but the little I experienced is that its about 10 minutes walk from the closest monorail station. And about 5 minutes car ride from the Twin Towers. I paid around 90 ringgit for one night, and it was with breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was quite tame, and it was not that good. Some local food with noodles, instead of a normal breakfast.

There is a small shop just next door where you can buy stuff, and a 7/11 not so far away.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo