“Great service by Darius and Carla”

Dining In The Dark KL
Ranked #3 of 4,562 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A restaurant in total darkness. A completely new sensory experience. Dining in The Dark KL, the very first of its kind in Malaysia.The optic nerve is overridden – your other senses take over. Every sound, every movement, every taste, every breath is an adventure!Thoughtfully designed and carefully prepared surprised menu fit for a fine dining—Starter, Soup, Main, Dessert—with varying flavours to give your palate a wonderful experience and your mind... an exciting challenge!
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We celebrated our 1 year anniversary and had one of the best date nights not just because of the unique experience but the fantastic service provided by the staff. Carla was fantastic with the ice breakers and in introducing us to the concept and Darius was humorous and responsive in serving us at pitch black. The food is interesting because you can't see it!

1  Thank Jason L
AstonEngRR, Public Relations Manager at Dining In The Dark KL, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jason L,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed your 1st year anniversary while you were dining at Dining In The Dark KL. Carla and Darius are greatly encouraged by your feedback. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had 4 days to spend in KL. So we opted for trying something completely new to add to our repertoire of fun experiences and this definitely was fun!

Our waiter was fantastic and so efficient that we were able to completely relax and enjoy.

Loved every minute if it. From the games we played upon arrival to the very last bite.

I recognize they must keep a menu for all to enjoy however, we prefer a little more spice. Just sayin.

1  Thank HellenGail
AstonEngRR, Public Relations Manager at Dining In The Dark KL, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear HellenGail,

Thank you for your delightful review. It is such a delight to know you had thoroughly enjoyed the whole "journey", from beginning to end. We will take note of your suggestion and we hope to serve you soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

a great unusual experience. Staff were very pleasant and our host was excellent - he guided us through every dish . Downside was that the food was very mediocre and nothing special. a fun night out but let down by the standard of food.

1  Thank lisalush27

Dear lisalush27,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you have enjoyed our service. At Dining In The Dark KL, our menu is changed on a monthly basis. Thank you once again and hope to see you in the future when our new menu is out!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you have never tried this place, you should.

The whole experience - from the beginning to the end, is very carefully planned, a lot of fun and well organised affair.

We had a very pleasant (blind) waiter named Ganesha - who was super polite, knowledgable and charismatic.

Eating and tasting food in complete darkness - certainly does something to your taste buds and sense of smell. I am sure if we ate the same food in normal lighting, we might have something else to say about the food. But when you do it in complete darkness, within an efficient system and attentive and well trained staff - it raises the experience to a whole new level.

They change the menu once a month, and I will surely return in the future (with more friends).

Fantastic.

3  Thank MacGrumpy
AstonEngRR, Public Relations Manager at Dining In The Dark KL, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear MacGrumpy,

Thank you for your positive review!

We are glad that you have had a great time dining with us. And we really appreciate it. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Been to this restaurant for 3 times within a year.

No doubt that the services provided were tip top, however the portion of the food served is getting smaller, and taste wise was decent only.

During my first visit, overall experience was amazing, especially Nicole's piano performance in the dark. Food portion was good, the taste and the quality was extraordinary (they did served cod fish before). Then, I told myself that I have come back every now and then, and I even recommended this place to many of my friends.

However during my 2nd and 3rd visit, I was quite disappointed as the food served was normal (probably just chicken and prawns), the desserts served was both the same (I visited in Oct13 and May14), the portion of the food has been reduced (yes we went home with a grueling stomach!).

Also, I was so looking forward for Nicole's performance, apparently she did not perform.

Yet, they increased their menu price.

Honestly, I felt a little ripped off.

With that amount of money paid, just top up a little bit, you can dine in in any rooftop bar/sky dining restaurants in KL.

Will not return in near future, or perhaps not anymore.

4  Thank janiceteohxx

Dear janiceteohxx,

Thank you for writing your review. At Dining In The Dark KL, our menu will change on a monthly basis, and each item is carefully designed so that it is 'unique' and to top it up, complementing to the whole course. We look forward to welcoming you again as you revisit and explore a new menu. See you soon!